Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 06-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Experiencer
Canine suicide hot spot?

I found this article that was interesting. There is this bridge in Scotland called Overtoun bridge. It's a place where over 50 canines have jumped to their deaths. Weird stuff. Here's the article...

http://www.zimbio.com/The+Paranormal...ies+Will+Leave

(edited by SF staff)

Last edited by in progress : 09-03-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator
Oh how weird! Poor doggies! I had never heard of this bridge, but I'll take a look at info. about it.

What amazes me though is the terrific lack of common sense of humans in the area....why the heck doesn't someone put a wire fence 6ft high all along the bridge if so many dogs are losing their lives...?

I have absolutely no idea what might cause this -a psychic 'vortex' of some kind? There is a road very near to me which has a certain spot which is notorious for fatal road accidents. And a house built by the side of the road has had cars smash into its wall 3 times! And that bit of road is not a hazard spot for any logical reason
Old 07-03-2013, 02:15 AM
Experiencer
LOL right! You'd think people would..
& that is very interesting. There has got to be more info out there about this phenomena..
Old 09-03-2013, 12:53 AM
Master
alexa_summer - It is my belief that locations of every kind where there has been any activity (life, death, good events and bad events) carry residual energy. That residual energy may cause "play back events" through former spiritual or current spiritual presence. In the case of this bridge I think it is possible that residual energy is having an effect on the dogs. It is also possible that the dogs, like humans can be, were depressed and didn't want to live anymore. I had a dog that was attacked by 2 dogs on 2 separate occasions. The last attack was so violent she almost didn't live and had to have serious surgery. After that when I tried to walk her through the same route, she had a panic attack right where she was formerly attacked. Needless to say, I never took her that route again. But slowly over the next year she fell into a great depression and didn't want to go for walks anymore, chase a ball or play with toys. I could see it in her eyes she was a broken soul. She eventually took on the personality of her attackers and began showing aggressive behavior she never had before. It broke my heart to see this transformation. Was it residual energy, PTSD, anxiety or depression? I think both human and animal can be effected by all.

Blackraven
Old 09-03-2013, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator
blackraven, I'm really sorry your poor dog went through this. They are sensitive to that "spirit of place" probably even more than we are.
I think now, it's beginning to realized that animals do have complex emotions, and long memories too.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
blackraven, I'm really sorry your poor dog went through this. They are sensitive to that "spirit of place" probably even more than we are.
I think now, it's beginning to realized that animals do have complex emotions, and long memories too.

Tobi - Thank you so much. I agree with you that animals do have complex emotions and long memories. They also are intuitive and pick up on other animals and human's emotions quite often without our awareness. I appreciate your kind post.

Blackraven
Old 09-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Knower

this sounds like the dolphins that have been beaching themselves... there are channeled messages about it... just know these animals are doing this for the collective soul group, they will be okay, sweet little sirians :)
Old 11-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Experiencer
Black raven I am sorry to hear about your dog as well! It seems that the negative experience deeply effected her. Dogs can be weird about that stuff & I also believe they are sensitive & have clairvoyant powers..much more than humans do..I completely agree with Tobi. Sometimes I wonder if my parent's house is haunted. When I used to stay there, their cat would sit there & throw his paws in the air like he was trying to catch something. & would be extremely focused on it & would do it all over the house. When I looked n tried to find whatever it was he was looking at, there was nothing there..could've been a tiny bug or something but I personally didn't see anything.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Experiencer
& with the strange occurrences that go on in that place all the time, I honestly wouldn't be surprised either.
Old 14-07-2013, 06:42 AM
dragonflywings

I saw this bridge on a few tv shows. On one of them (can't remember which) they brought a medium there and she seemed to think that a man had died there while hunting. Apparently he hated dogs and his horse was spooked by a dog on the bridge. He was thrown from the horse and died.