Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 18-07-2011, 11:12 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesart7
The god of the bible is said to be very powerful and has three entities in it.

A being so powerful and can do anything, but "what is gods name?"

"Its hard to believe that this god has no name.....

I like your questions.

God has no name because we pesky humans have this habit of putting a label on everything, and once you label it, it can't be anything else. If we called God "cardboard box," the god could not be a metal box, or a hat box, or a wheel, or the nothing inside the box, or the person holding the box, or the person thinking about the box. God would just be a cardboard box.

As for the three entities, this is such a consistent theme throughout all religions there is probably something to it. I kinda like it, and depending on what mood you get me into, or what I last read, I will describe the three entities in different ways and with different labels.
Old 19-07-2011, 01:19 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter
So anyway,,, Rabs, I'm left to assume it's a case of 'unsee that' and move quickly to the next verse. Thanks for sharing.

Sprinter,

I didn't mean to ignore your post. I saw the other post first, responded to it and then saw yours.

I'll get back to you in a bit.

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 19-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Time

God ( as in the bible) is usualy called, god, or El, ELhom(i think), and more personaly YHWY ( pronounced yahway). I belive some sects also call god jehova.

But generaly, I fully agree with 3D now LOL
Old 19-07-2011, 02:02 AM
jamesart7

AngelicOrin,
Yahweh and Jahovah is just another word for GOD., Yeshuah i think, if transalted in english, it becomes Jesus.,

SerpentQueen
Thank you for the info.. =)
Old 19-07-2011, 02:02 AM
Administrator
Hello

To name is a human thing much likt the titles and labels we choose to put on things and on other's .

God = Universal Light does not need in a name nor does man really, if we open to the enrgy signature we all have we could shed our names. Or open more our sense of SMELL ( hmmm maybe not ) to know another.

Lynn
Old 19-07-2011, 02:30 AM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
To me God, is the ultimate creator, he is created everything even us and also sustains everything. I also think we shouldn't consider ourselves to be Gods, that type of thinking to me is blasphemous...that means we are putting ourselves higher than the beings of light in heaven - the pure beings.

But also we need to remember that we all entitled to our OWN beliefs, James. Just because one person doesn't believe, doesn't mean you can't.

But names of God varies, if you are looking for Judo-Christian name it can be Yahweh, Jahovah, Yeshuah. Muslims call him Allah. Hindus Brahma. Use what ever you feel comfortable with. :) I call him God or the Creator, or Father.

In my view, the god of the bible is the Creator god. The god-with-no-name is the Source god. Creator God couldn't create on his own - this is where the magical three come in.

Creator god is the one that created humans in his image (just like us humans create aliens and angels and other astral creatures in our image), and Creator god has a huge vested interest in keeping us all here in this universe it created, hence why Creator god can act mightily petulant and fierce in the bible, and why Creator god and the devil are really no different, and when you peel back the onion.... Creator god looks like the wizard of oz, just a man behind the curtain.

I think of Creator god (of the bible) not as Father. Maybe Father wannabe. I see him instead as rebellious teenager who ran away from the father. And mom went running right after.... thus creating the world. And mom (Holy Spirit) stuck between Father (Source) and son (creator). Eventually Creator and all that he created will grow up, and come back, and have a big laugh. Meanwhile Father is just waiting and watching patiently.
Old 19-07-2011, 02:31 AM
Stellar_Steve

I heard it was "Gary".
Old 19-07-2011, 02:39 AM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
In my view, the god of the bible is the Creator god. The god-with-no-name is the Source god. Creator God couldn't create on his own - this is where the magical three come in.

Creator god is the one that created humans in his image (just like us humans create aliens and angels and other astral creatures in our image), and Creator god has a huge vested interest in keeping us all here in this universe it created, hence why Creator god can act mightily petulant and fierce in the bible, and why Creator god and the devil are really no different, and when you peel back the onion.... Creator god looks like the wizard of oz, just a man behind the curtain.

I think of Creator god (of the bible) not as Father. Maybe Father wannabe. I see him instead as rebellious teenager who ran away from the father. And mom went running right after.... thus creating the world. And mom (Holy Spirit) stuck between Father (Source) and son (creator). Eventually Creator and all that he created will grow up, and come back, and have a big laugh. Meanwhile Father is just waiting and watching patiently.

Maybe I should have mentioned that I do not believe in the Bible, and while I may have some Judo-Christian beliefs - the Archangels play a role in my own belief, so does "God", who I call our Father, our Creator - he is the source, the creator, the highest spirit. He is the living essence of whole Universe, and the Gods and Goddesses of world - his kin - look over this world, and make sure we do not stuff up this world, that the Creator assigned us too.

I offered those few names - and they were not just Judo-Christian...I did include two other names (Hindi and Islamic) that the OP can use if they desire to call the Creator by a name.
Old 19-07-2011, 02:58 AM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
Maybe I should have mentioned that I do not believe in the Bible, and while I may have some Judo-Christian beliefs - the Archangels play a role in my own belief, so does "God", who I call our Father, our Creator - he is the source, the creator, the highest spirit. He is the living essence of whole Universe, and the Gods and Goddesses of world - his kin - look over this world, and make sure we do not stuff up this world, that the Creator assigned us too.

I offered those few names - and they were not just Judo-Christian...I did include two other names (Hindi and Islamic) that the OP can use if they desire to call the Creator by a name.

Apologies, your post was only a springboard for my own thought process, which took off and had a mind and path of its own, and was not intended as a debate or critique or refutation of AngelicOrin's opinion and thought process.
Old 19-07-2011, 03:05 AM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Apologies, your post was only a springboard for my own thought process, which took off and had a mind and path of its own, and was not intended as a debate or critique or refutation of AngelicOrin's opinion and thought process.

No, you do not need to apologise. :) Things like that happen, it is quite okay, and I am partially to blame, should have said where I stand spiritually in the first place.