Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-02-2011, 05:08 AM
aladdin

"don't judge"- really?!?

where does the "don't judge" concept come from?

its interesting that the people who tell you to "don't judge" are actually some of the most judgemental people around. i have experienced that even on this forum. and its especially true in the gospels of jesus.

in my view we must judge everything if we are to be wise.

i'm not saying to judge peoples souls on whether they will go to heaven or hell or whatever. im talking in more general terms...
Old 24-02-2011, 05:21 AM
Master
Yes I agree, but only if that judgment comes from our inner wisdom, not of the ego mind.
Old 25-02-2011, 12:37 AM
nventr

That which you speak of is what you are.

Judging has negative connotations of ego and issues, while discernment is the way of the wise.
Old 25-02-2011, 01:01 AM
blackfellawhitefella

judge not grasshopper

lest you be judged.

... seems simple enough to me

forgive me father
as i forgive those , who trespass against me

Old 25-02-2011, 01:08 AM
tragblack

I agree with psychoslice.
Old 25-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Master
judging how to act upon words, actions, situations, is one thing, and is a potentially positive thing, but judging other individuals, whether by their words or actions,tends to lead to reactions, which are most often not a positive thing and are not conscious activities being born of the subconscious due to past experiences...judging another's character is also generally a negative thing, a product of the mind and ego, a limitation on self and others...having the grace to express love is far superior in my opinion, and when coupled with humility it tends to be unconditional and forgiving of all things...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 25-02-2011, 01:31 AM
blackfellawhitefella

...in another thread ACM is being discussed

from the workbook one thing stood out for me

the RE~memberance of 'seeing ONLY the highest in another'

Old 25-02-2011, 02:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfellawhitefella
...in another thread ACM is being discussed

from the workbook one thing stood out for me

the RE~memberance of 'seeing ONLY the highest in another'

absolutely, and i would add to that, that what we see in another, is merely a reflection of ourselves, so look at the benefit of seeing ONLY the highest in another~! to see it, you must BE it...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 25-02-2011, 02:28 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by aladdin
where does the "don't judge" concept come from?

its interesting that the people who tell you to "don't judge" are actually some of the most judgemental people around. i have experienced that even on this forum. and its especially true in the gospels of jesus.

in my view we must judge everything if we are to be wise.

i'm not saying to judge peoples souls on whether they will go to heaven or hell or whatever. im talking in more general terms...

Are they judging you for judging someone else? Have You done wrong by saying someone else has done wrong?
Old 25-02-2011, 03:18 AM
aladdin

maybe the idea came from a literal interpretation of the gospels. but jesus was a very judgemental person so i doubt he meant it literally...