Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-10-2017, 06:55 AM
Divine Consciousness Divine Consciousness is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 717
  Divine Consciousness's Avatar
Mantra Repetition

_/\_ Namaste,

Video guidance of Mantra repetition. More External is Gross, and more internal is more subtle.

https://youtu.be/dRAuRhXghHA

Here listening to mantra in silence means mantra rise from your mind which you listening internally. don't try to listen which is not rise from your inside or external sound which are not spoken. not rised sound hearing lead to hallucination. while listening what rise from mind internally is mantra cleansing.
Example:

Ram (Hindu God) (Pronounciation like aam)
__________________
Seeker of Art, I am none in this Multiverse, yet part of this Multiverse.
If you are on facebook please use this link to enter our group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1097053733744295/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5,935
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Consciousness
_/\_ Namaste,

Video guidance of Mantra repetition. More External is Gross, and more internal is more subtle.

https://youtu.be/dRAuRhXghHA

Here listening to mantra in silence means mantra rise from your mind which you listening internally. don't try to listen which is not rise from your inside or external sound which are not spoken. not rised sound hearing lead to hallucination. while listening what rise from mind internally is mantra cleansing.
Example:

Ram (Hindu God) (Pronounciation like aam)
Namaste.

Thank you for the link, but I follow my own intuition and guidance.

The other day, I was listening to the Shiva Stotrams, when I heard this part of it (again, after many years) and it felt as if my whole body was being shaken like a rag doll:

नमस्ते अस्तु भगवन
विश्र्वेश्र्वराय महादेवाय
त्र्यम्बकाय त्रिपुरान्तकाय
त्रिकालाग्निकालाय
कालाग्निरुद्राय नीलकण्ठाय मृत्युंजयाय
सर्वेश्र्वराय सदाशिवाय
श्रीमन् महादेवाय नम:


Namaste Astu Bhagavan
Vishveshvaraaya Mahaadevaaya
Trayambakaaya Tripurantakaaya
Trikaalaagni - Kaalaaya
Kaalaagni - Rudraaya Nilakantaaya Mrityunjayaaya
Sarveshvaraaya Sadaashivaaya
Sriman Mahadevaaya Namaha.


English:

Oh Lord, salutations to you
Oh Lord of the Universe, Greatest of them all
He who has three eyes (eye of omniscience), he who gives enlightenment which is beyond three (Astral, Physical & Causal) worlds
He who like fire, devours all three times (Past, Present, Future) within himself
Like Time, he who ends everything, like time he who disciplines the world into order, He whose body is vast ( blue like sky, oceans), He who has conquered Yama the Lord of Death/ Time.
Lord of all Beings, Conscousness which is untouched by the world yet everything in the world is because of him.
Oh great Lord, salutations to you

I felt a trance-state coming on as a result, so I let it happen, went into bliss and started chanting this about a week ago...it hasn't stopped!

The Mantra is chanting itself now.

Om Namah Shivay
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-10-2017, 03:10 AM
Divine Consciousness Divine Consciousness is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 717
  Divine Consciousness's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.

Thank you for the link, but I follow my own intuition and guidance.

The other day, I was listening to the Shiva Stotrams, when I heard this part of it (again, after many years) and it felt as if my whole body was being shaken like a rag doll:

नमस्ते अस्तु भगवन
विश्र्वेश्र्वराय महादेवाय
त्र्यम्बकाय त्रिपुरान्तकाय
त्रिकालाग्निकालाय
कालाग्निरुद्राय नीलकण्ठाय मृत्युंजयाय
सर्वेश्र्वराय सदाशिवाय
श्रीमन् महादेवाय नम:


Namaste Astu Bhagavan
Vishveshvaraaya Mahaadevaaya
Trayambakaaya Tripurantakaaya
Trikaalaagni - Kaalaaya
Kaalaagni - Rudraaya Nilakantaaya Mrityunjayaaya
Sarveshvaraaya Sadaashivaaya
Sriman Mahadevaaya Namaha.


English:

Oh Lord, salutations to you
Oh Lord of the Universe, Greatest of them all
He who has three eyes (eye of omniscience), he who gives enlightenment which is beyond three (Astral, Physical & Causal) worlds
He who like fire, devours all three times (Past, Present, Future) within himself
Like Time, he who ends everything, like time he who disciplines the world into order, He whose body is vast ( blue like sky, oceans), He who has conquered Yama the Lord of Death/ Time.
Lord of all Beings, Conscousness which is untouched by the world yet everything in the world is because of him.
Oh great Lord, salutations to you

I felt a trance-state coming on as a result, so I let it happen, went into bliss and started chanting this about a week ago...it hasn't stopped!

The Mantra is chanting itself now.

Om Namah Shivay
Awesome Mantra...
When I chant externally, I chant :

Oum Houm Joom Sahha, Oum Bhurbhuv Sahha
Om tryambakaṃ yajāmahe sugandhiṃ puṣṭivardhanam
urvārukamiva bandhanān mṛityormukshīya mā'mritāt
Sahha Bhurbhuv Oum, Sahha joom houm oum.
__________________
Seeker of Art, I am none in this Multiverse, yet part of this Multiverse.
If you are on facebook please use this link to enter our group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1097053733744295/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Bindu* Bindu* is offline
Knower
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 127
  Bindu*'s Avatar
Thanks....a good video about the subtler and deeper aspects of Mantra practice.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17-10-2017, 12:53 PM
Divine Consciousness Divine Consciousness is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 717
  Divine Consciousness's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
Thanks....a good video about the subtler and deeper aspects of Mantra practice.
You welcome most. Mantra takes us on transcendental state. couple of chakra meditation uses mantra too.
__________________
Seeker of Art, I am none in this Multiverse, yet part of this Multiverse.
If you are on facebook please use this link to enter our group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1097053733744295/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Today, 01:36 PM
Lumpino Lumpino is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 77
 
Repetition a mantra could be very helpful, but take it a very long time to get the effect. So, by my opinion is much better meditation on the name like it done for example Bhaktiyogis (see Ramakrishna and his vision mother Kali). It brings much faster results.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums