Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 19-05-2018, 08:40 AM
Experiencer

Flying over a building with a coconut

This dream from two days ago has a few similarities to the Coffee on the Rooftop dream I posted a week ago.

Next month I will travel to another city for a meeting.

In the dream I'm flying over the building the meeting will take place in. It's a highrise office building. It’s cloudy and rainy, which I like. I’m circling and hovering over the building. Either I’m holding a fresh coconut in my hands or the tip of the building is shaped like one (both seems to be the case) - green/yellow in color and with a smooth, shiny surface. I’m shouting directions at my husband who is below in the streets, trying to find this building (in rl he will not accompany me there next month). I call out to him "it is the tallest building in the vicinity, just look for the tallest building, and it's green/yellow in color, just like the coconut". I see him walking around, looking for it with a slight expression of confusion on his face.
Old 19-05-2018, 10:25 PM
Master
in that earlier dream, you'd achieved an 'enlightened perspective' above the
other people who were swimming in the waters of unconsciousness. you'd
dropped some coffee into the pool, in an attempt to lure some others to join
with you.
here you've specifically focused on bringing your husband into the meeting
place building. the coconut may be acting as the coffee had in the earlier
dream, and it reminds me of the phenomena discussed here:
Hundredth monkey effect
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth_monkey_effect
with the idea being that you might reach a tipping point of bringing people
into enlightenment, with the coconut acting like the sweet potato.

what you may not realize is that with the cloudy rainy atmosphere, you've
effectively redipped into the subconscious field yourself, and your flight is
merely an advanced form of swimming.
the long and the short of it may be that you sense your husband and you
as being at different levels of (spiritual) understanding, and you desire to
reach a place of common ground.
Old 20-05-2018, 04:51 AM
Experiencer

Thank you H:O:R:A:C:E!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
the long and the short of it may be that you sense your husband and you
as being at different levels of (spiritual) understanding, and you desire to
reach a place of common ground.

This is 100% true.
Old 20-05-2018, 04:53 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfection
this dream is your angel telling you that when you go to the other city & leave your mate behind it will be as if you are flying high on a wonderful vacation complete with coconuts, while the mate you left behind will be like a lost little puppy far below you

Thank you Perfection! You seem to be reading my mind. I was thinking of making this trip into a mini vacation as the city is at the ocean.
Old 20-05-2018, 04:58 AM
Experiencer

I'm still not sure about the meaning of the coconut though. Where I live coconuts are very common, in fact we have four coconut trees in our garden and always more coconuts than we can eat/drink or otherwise use ourselves. They are an everyday fruit here, so much so that we can't even get rid of our surplus because everyone has them and doesn't need any extra.

Maybe, to expand from what H:O:R:A:C:E said, I'm trying to find common ground with my husband in day to day living, in small things? Or, I'm trying to convey to him that the "higher perspective" can actually be found through that which is already familiar?

Last edited by Tomma : 20-05-2018 at 07:39 AM.
Old 20-05-2018, 05:28 AM
Master
the coconut itself is as a seed, holding the genetic information to provide
for another tree to grow. the tree is quite flexible and can survive storms
which might break trees which offered more resistance. it may be that the
'flexibility' of your relationship is a strength, and that you hold the essentials
of it within your grasp.
Old 21-05-2018, 07:23 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
the coconut itself is as a seed, holding the genetic information to provide
for another tree to grow. the tree is quite flexible and can survive storms
which might break trees which offered more resistance. it may be that the
'flexibility' of your relationship is a strength, and that you hold the essentials
of it within your grasp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfection
well if you have plenty of coconuts already, & even more than you need, then holding a coconut office up in the sky means the meeting will potentially be very fruitful for you & provide you & your partner with abundance; even though he may not see that clearly as yet

I like both of these interpretations! Coconut = a seed = possibilities, growth, things still to come, and coconuts as a symbol for abundance.

And also, it's in my hands, in the dream I hold the coconut in my hands, so it seems it's up to me what becomes of it.

It seems to be a positive, optimistic dream.
Old 21-05-2018, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator
I think this may be an extension of what you were trying to get a better emotional handle on from the coffee dream. You may be trying to help your active doing side or your husband specifically see a higher perspective and take things more leisurely because as of now you are a fan of clouded thinking which causes confusion on which way to go. Do you or your husband feel the need to work, work, work all the time? Life isn't meant to be toiled away but we can get confused thinking that is who we are supposed to be, worker bees or idol hands is the devils work. But life is meant to be fun and enjoyed.

Considering you also have a surpluss of coconuts in your life it could also simply represent getting a clearer understanding of excesses in your life that are unneeded. You could have a follow up dream about what that excess is once your husband or doing side finds the right building Maybe business opportunity you are trying to achieve.
Old 23-05-2018, 02:44 AM
Experiencer

Hello Michelle, thank you for your reply which I find very helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
You may be trying to help your active doing side or your husband specifically see a higher perspective and take things more leisurely because as of now you are a fan of clouded thinking which causes confusion on which way to go.

The possibility that my husband could also stand for my own male side had not crossed my mind yet, but you are right, and it makes sense to me looking at the dream in that light. Last week I was pondering a question: how do I integrate the peace and happiness I experience when meditating into my day to day life, into my actions? The dream seems to be referring to that question.

If it does, it seems to be pointing me towards the coconut. H:O:R:A:C:E pointed out that the coconut is a seed - although the coconut by itself is very sweet and nourishing (my experiences during meditation) it needs earth to grow into the tree it is meant to become. It needs a place where it is undisturbed and can slowly sprout and grow deep inside the dark earth. This feels very female to me.

In the dream, I'm specifically mentioning the color of the coconut to my confused active side below - green/yellow - and I say that the building has the same colors. I'm not able (yet) to understand what these colors mean.

Btw, I'm a Pisces and Neptune is currently transiting right over my Sun, so confusion, yes, lots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
Do you or your husband feel the need to work, work, work all the time? Life isn't meant to be toiled away but we can get confused thinking that is who we are supposed to be, worker bees or idol hands is the devils work. But life is meant to be fun and enjoyed.

We always have a lot of work to do, but it is not for money. We are both animal lovers and are taking care of about two dozens of stray dogs. This keeps us very busy!
Old 23-05-2018, 06:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Tomma: In the dream, I'm specifically mentioning the color of the coconut to my confused active side below - green/yellow - and I say that the building has the same colors. I'm not able (yet) to understand what these colors mean.
consider chakras.
Chakra Colors
http://www.chakras.info/chakra-colors/