Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Neville

Belief in Santa Clause.

As a Person , It soon becomes apparent to the child as he or she grows that Father Christmas, the Portly fellow in red has associated with him a few considerations that lack credibility. For example, If he were to consume a mince pie and a small tipple at each residence he visited, he would be feeling either quiet sick or off his face. I also note that a flying sledge may not support the weight of the globes gifts, which presents certain logistical problems,

So you see, a belief in Santa is as they say full of holes.

That is, until you grow to accept that the entire concept of Father Christmas is a Principle, An energy, A Spirit..Not a non corporeal entity as such , rather a spirit we embrace and get into.

When we accept and embrace Father Christmas in this manner. He becomes very real and authentic.

I know that Christmas is very sad and lonely time for some as we remember better Christmases when we were younger, how we shared special times with loved ones now no longer here in the physical, even though they remain very much in our hearts. And just like any other time, the spirits of those loved ones are just the briefest vibrational change next to us and within us.

Some feel the magic and wonder of Christmas fades very quickly, some regard it as a materialistic kind of food frenzy. Too me though , that initial meaning remains..One of giving..Not so much of the latest must have iphone, Because Poverty is no barrier to this Spirit, even if you are skint broke you can adopt this spirit of giving and sharing, because the gift I speak of, possibly the greatest gift we can give is one that no one can put a price on. Love.

There remains , If you look and are open, A Great deal of Magic and Wonder still attached to Christmas,Some of us never grow out of it, and this Magic and Wonder is in my view a much better representation of the embodiment of the spirit of Father Christmas.

I thought I'd share my thoughts and feelings here about it, so thanks for reading

I wish you a very Happy Christmas
Old 04-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Humm

Excellently stated Neville! I really like the way you put this - and the substance as well.

I think that really speaks directly of the 'True meaning of Christmas', as also stated in the timeless words, 'Peace on Earth, good will toward men.'

That's the reason for the season, the spirit as captured (manifested?) in the figure of Santa Clause.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Lisa

It's Claus.

Santa Claus.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Master
Hello Neville,

I enjoy what you present here. I feel with in your words the sincerity and love.

This time of year is a good reminder of what lays with in our hearts. The ability to love and give to each other and this is the true gift one can receive and give.

The latest gadget soon gets placed aside and replaced by another, but the spirit of giving and love is always there and although may momentarily be forgotten or even damaged, still seems to rebound stronger then ever.

This also brings to mind the other symbols of Christmas. The candles/lights to remind one that even in the darkest places a light still shines. The Evergreen to remember eternal life. These are my take on it. Still remembrance of what shines and is given.

Thank you for the thoughts and allowing me to express some thoughts here.

I wish you and your loved one Blessings during this time of year.

Peace to you
Old 04-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Humm

Clearly, I'm a better altruist than speller.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Master
Very nice Neville.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Occultist

Just believe in La Bafana its much easier less complicated.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
That is, until you grow to accept that the entire concept of Father Christmas is a Principle, An energy, A Spirit..Not a non corporeal entity as such , rather a spirit we embrace and get into.

When we accept and embrace Father Christmas in this manner. He becomes very real and authentic.

I know that Christmas is very sad and lonely time for some as we remember better Christmases when we were younger, how we shared special times with loved ones now no longer here in the physical, even though they remain very much in our hearts. And just like any other time, the spirits of those loved ones are just the briefest vibrational change next to us and within us.

Some feel the magic and wonder of Christmas fades very quickly, some regard it as a materialistic kind of food frenzy. Too me though , that initial meaning remains..One of giving..Not so much of the latest must have iphone, Because Poverty is no barrier to this Spirit, even if you are skint broke you can adopt this spirit of giving and sharing, because the gift I speak of, possibly the greatest gift we can give is one that no one can put a price on. Love.

There remains , If you look and are open, A Great deal of Magic and Wonder still attached to Christmas,Some of us never grow out of it, and this Magic and Wonder is in my view a much better representation of the embodiment of the spirit of Father Christmas.

I thought I'd share my thoughts and feelings here about it, so thanks for reading

I wish you a very Happy Christmas
Just replace "father christmas" and "christmas" with "life" and people might be inspired 24/7 instead of one day a year.
One day a year is not going to transform the people of this planet.

Instead of making one day special and significant, make every moment of your life so.
Every day is awesome, I haven't noticed those "special" days for a long time.

It reminds me of some catholics i knew a while ago.
I had never encountered catholics before but was dumbfounded that they would live, going by their definitions and ommisions, sinful selfish lives all year, make a big atonement effort once a year, and bob's your uncle.
Did they ever permanently change themselves or the planet...nope.

They had gotten so used to the tradition that they didn't have to make any effort to live amazing lives all year.
Thay just had to make an effort one day out of 365.
"Oh don't bother, we can make an effort at christmas because...well...it's christmas...you have to make an effort for christmas... there's something wrong with you if you don't celebrate christmas."

The tradition is maintained but oh look, the world is still not awash with love.
YAY for christmas!
Old 05-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
Just replace "father christmas" and "christmas" with "life" and people might be inspired 24/7 instead of one day a year.
One day a year is not going to transform the people of this planet.

Instead of making one day special and significant, make every moment of your life so.
Every day is awesome, I haven't noticed those "special" days for a long time.

It reminds me of some catholics i knew a while ago.
I had never encountered catholics before but was dumbfounded that they would live, going by their definitions and ommisions, sinful selfish lives all year, make a big atonement effort once a year, and bob's your uncle.
Did they ever permanently change themselves or the planet...nope.

They had gotten so used to the tradition that they didn't have to make any effort to live amazing lives all year.
Thay just had to make an effort one day out of 365.
"Oh don't bother, we can make an effort at christmas because...well...it's christmas...you have to make an effort for christmas... there's something wrong with you if you don't celebrate christmas."

The tradition is maintained but oh look, the world is still not awash with love.
YAY for christmas!
Baby steps AC. If humanity were ants, It would be a moot point, because we would all think alike.

But we're human - we have a universe of free will to sort through. We have to come to terms with our powers, and learn our responsibilities.

Frankly, I'm amazed we've been able to set aside one day to do anything like that. True, the world is not awash with love - but the alternative is in the general consciousness. We are young. I hope it grows.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
It's Claus.

Santa Claus.

Not too sure I believe in Santa Claus, but I do believe in a Santa Clause:

Santa Clause [klɔːz]
n
1. (Law) a section of a legal document such as a contract, will, or draft statute that allows the gift bearer to be anonymous