Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 24-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
I wouldn't give a child any such fancy label as indigo/star/rainbow/butterfly/bunnie/ascender/christ bringer/krishna kid/aquarius/leo/aries/caprcorn/blue ray/ruby star/whatever..

It doesn't irritate me, I just find it a bit disappointing that people are sold so easily.

That, and it's...... amusing.

As you said, that is YOU, not the millions of people who find it helpful in raising their children. I am not one of those millions, but I can see how it is helpful and so much better than labeling a child ADHD or ODD and loading them down with mood stabilizers and anti-psychotics. Perhaps you would prefer a child to carry that label through school than to have the parent approach it from a more spiritual aspect and use the category of a 'rainbow/crystal/indigo/starseed/ascender/blue ray/ and to use that as a guidance tool. Because basically that is what it is ; it is a tool, just as ADHD is a tool to help teachers/staff/doctors/family know how to care for a child
Old 24-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
As you said, that is YOU, not the millions of people who find it helpful in raising their children. I am not one of those millions, but I can see how it is helpful and so much better than labeling a child ADHD or ODD and loading them down with mood stabilizers and anti-psychotics. Perhaps you would prefer a child to carry that label through school than to have the parent approach it from a more spiritual aspect and use the category of a 'rainbow/crystal/indigo/starseed/ascender/blue ray/ and to use that as a guidance tool. Because basically that is what it is ; it is a tool, just as ADHD is a tool to help teachers/staff/doctors/family know how to care for a child
Hmm... because the ADHD label isn't nice, we just replace it with indigo/star/fairy/lightworker/rainbow etc. ? These labels will create all kinds of expectations in the child.
That's why you get these kids thinking they are here to bring some 'higher' message, of course inspired by the New Age beliefs of their parents.
It's brainwashing!

Not liking one label and replacing it with another one is not my cup of tea.
Old 24-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Hmm... because the ADHD label isn't nice, we just replace it with indigo/star/fairy/lightworker/rainbow etc. ? These labels will create all kinds of expectations in the child.
That's why you get these kids thinking they are here to bring some 'higher' message, of course inspired by the New Age beliefs of their parents.
It's brainwashing!

Not liking one label and replacing it with another one is not my cup of tea.

ADHD,BAD,ADD,ODD all carry negative connotations AND expectations from those dealing with the child , with caregivers and especially in school. Experiments have been done with school staff, telling them that "this child" is a known trouble maker with ADHD and ODD. When the teacher had interactions with "that child" her whole demeanor was altered; she treated him/her as a person who was an adversary. In fact, "the child" was an honor student with exemplary behavior. Now,Chrysaestos, this experiment has been repeated and duplicated and has always led to the same outcome. And an experiment proving just the opposite; when a teacher is introduced to a student who has ADHD and ODD , but is TOLD that this kid is a model student with very good grades,her attitude actually encourages the positive behavior expectations from the child.
If the connotations is a more positive based label that is encouraging to the child and to the parents, what is exactly YOUR problem with it? It is the decision of the parents or the individual to sort out. Are you saying that you would prefer to leave the negative labels in place( with all the negative baggage) rather than the artsy,more encouraging labels with the good baggage? I would much rather deal with a child from the base of knowledge of an indigo child than the base expectations of an ADHD child. The child learns to use those labels as an excuse for negative behaviors,"Oh, that is my ADHD; I can't help it." A child rased as an indigo would find a more positve,individualized manner to express their frustration.
What it all boils down to is not your approval or mine; but the parents are the ones best placed to choose.
Old 24-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiecat
I feel as though I'm a blue ray with an arcturian objection. Most of my reasons are personal and not up for discussion because of how some people are...and I'm sensitive.it's a big step fit me to even write this post.

The only thing different about me is that I was born in 1977, I'm a virgo (with scorpio rising), I don't have a learning disability, and I'm not shy.

Katiekat, this forum is supposed to be a place created by Matt, for the purpose of being able to freely talk about your beliefs.You don't have to defend your beliefs, as much as some would like you to believe. I do hope that you become more comfortable posting about what is important to you.
Old 24-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
-, this above information can include anyone, literally anyone in the human population, let alone probably everyone, on these forums. how do you know if you are a blue ray for sure? I can't go by some write up. Someone actually forwarded this to me in private, and said it may be a possibility for me, but seriously, how do you know for sure? This describes my personality, as well as the rest of the world.

Edit: do any blue rays here delve into darkness, and transform it into light? this seems to be a huge trait about this, and it's a huge thing about me, and i would like to ask someone about how to harness that power better.
For example, i meet up with a bunch of blue skinned people all the time now, and a giant bird that looks like a phoenix, and i'm to learn how to clean up messes of earth disasters spiritually. i'm supposed to crawl into the darkest of places with my natural ability to bring out light in the worst people and places, but considering my horrendous past, i'm scared i am not yet strong enough to take on millions of dark souls at a time to send them into light.

Ciqala, I am really surprised at your post. I had thought that you were more tolerant of others beliefs. The blue ray doesn't describe me, so much for the "Forer affect". Other descriptions might fit me,might not. Some people are very similar in nature, but that doesn't mean all of the description will fit any one person. Same is true of horoscopes; it only gives us a general outline unless you go by exact time of birth and location.
So what is the great draw on coming down hard on those who believe that they fit into one of these indigos/starseeds/crystals/blue ray/ etc. ? It is in a positive format, helps one overcome their shortfalls and creative ways to steer their lives.

minimal staff edit-

Last edited by Silver : 27-01-2011 at 03:27 AM.
Old 24-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
this forum is supposed to be a place created by Matt, for the purpose of being able to freely talk about your beliefs.You don't have to defend your beliefs, as much as some would like you to believe. I do hope that you become more comfortable posting about what is important to you.

You are exactly right, this applies to ALL members/visitors.

Last edited by Silver : 27-01-2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old 27-01-2011, 03:30 AM
Master
Thumbs up

{Thread returned ~ this is the right section isn't it.}

Old 27-01-2011, 04:26 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
You are exactly right, this applies to ALL members/visitors.

Thank you silvergirl and admin for the effort.
I have a friend who is very spiritual. It applies to all aspects of her life and has for many years. She is a 'special needs' teacher for behavioral teenagers who can't function in a regular school setting. She gets them when all other options are at a dead end. She has enough degrees that she could be a principal of a large school, if she chose. But she prefers to remain with the behavioral kids. She has also taught school in a mental hospital facility.
She bases her classes on the premise of indigo, etc. Her classes are highly successful and her students graduate with the knowledge that they need to function as adults in the real world. Kids who have no behavior problems want to be in her classes due to the methods and attitude she has towards teaching.
I work with behavior challenged kids from the ages of 4 to 18. Many of these kids are put on medications that are detrimental to their health. More diabetics, higher cholestral, heart problems, kidney troubles,weight issues. And who knows what else will crop up in several years. Some of the medications come with a warning that they can cause suicidal ideations and the kid is in the hospital for a SUICIDE ATTEMPT!
Would any of this change if we treated these kids as indigos, etc ? Would they continue to scar up their bodies with self harm cutting to cope with the emotional and physical pain that they have already endured in their short lives? Or would they have better tools presented as coping tools if they were taught meditation , sound and color therapy, or a way to connect with their higher selves?
I apologize if I have offended anyone, but this is very personal to me as I deal with it as a career and vocation. Perhaps one day the medical field and the general will be more open to these ideas. In the past mentally ill were hid in attics, shipped off to what we now call "snake pits", hosed down with strong firehoses of cold water , electro shock therapy and lobotomies. We have come out of that dark age and hopefully we will advance further on more positive treatments.
Old 27-01-2011, 05:15 AM
Master
Summerland, I hear you loud and clear.

And your friend is a marvelous person for doing what she does.

(And you are too.)

Old 27-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Are you saying that you would prefer to leave the negative labels in place( with all the negative baggage) rather than the artsy,more encouraging labels with the good baggage? I would much rather deal with a child from the base of knowledge of an indigo child than the base expectations of an ADHD child. The child learns to use those labels as an excuse for negative behaviors,"Oh, that is my ADHD; I can't help it." A child rased as an indigo would find a more positve,individualized manner to express their frustration.
No, as I said, I wouldn't call a child by such labels. And maybe there are kids who can't help their behaviour because of ADHD. Just because there are such negative labels is for me no reason to say ''well you don't have ADHD you're now an indigo/crystal/ruby child''. Makes no sense.
Quote:
What it all boils down to is not your approval or mine; but the parents are the ones best placed to choose.
Yes it's all up to the parents in the end.
But personally I wouldn't give a child such spiritual expectations.