Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 04-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nammyoho
Is purifying channels a way of saying opening/unblocking chakras and allowing energy to flow freely in the body?

Yes, chakras, nadis also.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverSpice
Yes ...I would just practice with what you have ...learn your energy and follow your intuition ... attending Reiki Shares is a great way to learn with others & get experience ...there is no problem learning from a different teacher/master and there are many ways to learn; but attunements are necessary along the way for each level - and that will require a master (self attunements are controversial but I have heard of them) ...I have learned a lot simply by doing, reading & discussing ...sharing. If you want certificates, you really should learn from a good teacher ...trust yourself to find that teacher - they will come into your life when it is time. Namaste!

Could you explain the difference between a level 1 and level 2 attunement?

I currently just enjoy using the reiki as my own form of meditation. I agree that the right teacher will come along when the timing is right, but for now I'll continue daily practice. I'll have to look into a Reiki share! I'm sure the folks from the class I attended would be interested:)

Also one more question! Does it make a difference if I sit up straight or lie down for self treatments?

Thank you all for the help!
Old 04-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

It does not matter whom you take it from. I know many that have had three teachers and they are very attuned. You have to go with your intuition feelings on whom is right for you. I had an "unconventional" teacher to many but for me it was the right fit. Heart (my husband and a member on here ) had his Level one with the same person and stopped there, as some of what was in the teachings was not for him. As Master Teachers write their own teachings its all different but the attunements are the same. That is the part that matters trusting whom is going to attune you.

Lynn

Thank you Lynn! I've heard that Reiki cannot be used negatively, but only with positive intentions. I'm curious why it matters more who the attunements are from if that is the case. Any insight? Thanks again
Old 05-12-2015, 11:04 AM
Knower
Quote:
Could you explain the difference between a level 1 and level 2 attunement?

I currently just enjoy using the reiki as my own form of meditation. I agree that the right teacher will come along when the timing is right, but for now I'll continue daily practice. I'll have to look into a Reiki share! I'm sure the folks from the class I attended would be interested:)

Also one more question! Does it make a difference if I sit up straight or lie down for self treatments?

Thank you all for the help!

The level 2 attunement is simply the next level ...it will open you up to a deeper connection, you will learn to use distance sending techniques and also 'attune' you to the symbols used in Reiki ...each lineage/Master may have a slightly different take on the symbols ...but please don't worry about this right now. You will cross that bridge when the time is right for you and understanding will come.

...as to how you self treat with Reiki ...it makes no difference, you cannot do it wrong ...whatever works for you is absolutely fine ...I often self treat while watching TV in the evening. HTH!
Old 05-12-2015, 11:14 AM
Knower
Quote:
Thank you Lynn! I've heard that Reiki cannot be used negatively, but only with positive intentions. I'm curious why it matters more who the attunements are from if that is the case. Any insight? Thanks again

Well ... it doesn't matter more who the attunement is from ...what matters is that they are a qualified teacher and that you are comfortable with them ...the previous poster said they write their own teaching ...I wouldn't say that really - but they each may teach a bit differently ...however, standards should be followed to a large degree ...they should be following the syllabus of each level/class but methods may vary ...and sure, some teacher may infuse some of their own 'beliefs' I suppose
Old 28-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Newbie ;)

Remember, Usui never got attuned as a master. I think he did practice qigong (Kiko) for years beforehand. The critical time was when he went out into nature to meditate and fast for 21 days. He found a connection to Source.
Then he stubbed his toe on the way down the mountain.
Old 29-03-2016, 02:07 AM
Master

Actually my reiki master was very messed up emotionally which I found out later. The level of consciousness does matter in a reiki master otherwise not that much energy gets through during the attunements. I worked on my spiritual development on my own and that increased my healing abilities. The reiki master did not do much for me.