Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Poppies

Re: Wiccan link to christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashwah
This cycle is often repeated throuought mythology and religion, nature being an obvious analogy for us humans. Christianity adopted it in the symbol of Christ crucified, dormant, returned to earth and ascended....

Sashwah, I found what you wrote there very interesting - particularly the Christian aspect!! Intriguing! :)
Old 09-01-2006, 10:12 AM
sashwah

But what about the trinity of the human form? The mind, the soul, the spirit? If god made us in his image and according to his likeness, could this be what is meant by the trinity? You could argue that the spirit and the soul are one and the same, i personally don't think they are.
Whereas you pray to saints kindbean, i pray to spirit. We have the same kind of thread although the dead walking amongst the living is the end of days.... then we have angels who are the messengers of god.. It seems there are the smae amount of entities for us to call upon for help and guidance, only the way we address them is different.
To bwe perfectly honest... i kind of believe everyone.. it's a matter of interpretation. In the beginning, it was the same for everyone.

Love and light xxxx
Old 09-01-2006, 10:17 AM
sashwah

cheers hun... i love this stuff! Get's the old grey matter up and running
Old 09-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Poppies

Quote:
But what about the trinity of the human form? The mind, the soul, the spirit? If god made us in his image and according to his likeness, could this be what is meant by the trinity? You could argue that the spirit and the soul are one and the same, i personally don't think they are.
Ooh! That's interesting.... I shall go and ponder that one! :)

Quote:
To bwe perfectly honest... i kind of believe everyone.. it's a matter of interpretation. In the beginning, it was the same for everyone.
I like that!

Quote:
i love this stuff! Get's the old grey matter up and running

:lol: And my 'old grey matter' is very old!!!! :lol:

I love this stuff too! And I like the atmosphere here - I like that people seem confident and secure enough in their beliefs to be happy to answer questions about what they believe, and to ask them too....
Old 09-01-2006, 10:40 AM
sashwah

I like the fact that i'm learning while i'm here.. pretty much been the teacher on two sites that i moderate. I haven't had this many books off my shelf in ages! My brain was getting bored, it's a bit rusty now but the engines definately ticking over Lol!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 01:41 PM
howiemac

Thanks sashwah for the clear descriptions of the Wiccan God/Goddess/Seasons cycle. Like you I am finding this site very refreshing and informative, stimulating the old grey matter. I believe that everything is naturally cyclical: as you say

Quote:
This cycle is often repeated throughout mythology and religion, nature being an obvious analogy for us humans.

Likewise the concept of the trinity is often repeated throughout mythology, religion, and philosophy. For example the Hindu Brahmins have had, from the mists of time, their trinity (trimurti) of Brahma the creator, Vishnu the sustainer, and Shiva the transformer. Astrology has it as the Cardinal, Fixed, and Mutable qualities. There are a great many other examples.

I interpret from lexscotland's original post that the trinity in Wicca/paganism would be incorporeal God/Goddess, corporeal man/woman, and the spirit that animates all life. Have I got this right?

As for the Christian version:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppies
I have always struggled with the concept of the Trinity - I have never understood how 3 separate 'beings' can make up one 'God'.... I have, in the past, been taught that the 3 parts of the Trinity are 3 distinct 'beings'

I am with Poppies on this. It is confusing (or confused?). I now see it as (for today at any rate...): the Father is God, the son is Jesus, who represents each one of us, as we are all children of God, and the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost, is Christ, which represents our own higher self, the divinity within each of us. This could be seen as directly analagous to the Hindu trinity.... but that is probably for another thread...
Old 09-01-2006, 03:06 PM
DASA

Hindu Trinity

The 'Hindu' Trinity and how it relates to the Christian one is very interesting... There is another trinity within Hinduism which very closely matches those in the Catholic tradition:

Bhagavan = The Supreme Person (God)
Guru = The Teacher (Christ)
Paramatma = Supersoul (Holy Ghost)

The Paramatma is described as the form of God (Bhagavan) which always accompanies the individual soul and gives direction from within. The more our consciousness becomes purified, the more we become in-tune with the desires of the Lord in our heart.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:16 PM
sashwah

No worries howiemac... It's why i'm here :)
There is also the trinity of man, woman and child. Everywhere you look there are three's. Likewise, everywhere you look, there are sevens. You could go on forever finding corrolations.
Also why is it so difficult to believe you can have three things in one? Any inanimate object is made up of millions of things... inbetween each teeny particle is space. It's all the same.... ( I saw some pictures of quartz crystal the other day, magnified a kajillion times, it was like looking at a picture of the night sky). When you look at our world from the vastness of space.. we are one of those timy particles..... when you go beyond that what is it? A crystal i my pocket? You believe in the mind, the body and the soul right? That's three things in one. Oh and there's alway's a kinder surprise.

Just a thought...?
Closed Thread