Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 04-07-2012, 01:13 AM
joe

Looking for some advice from advance practioners

So I have been practicing moving my energy now for a number of years. But have issues turning it off. I can create heat, make areas of my body vibrate, and have a static feeling like little bolts of electricity shooting of my hairs just by thinking about it . It creates almost a euphoric effect. I think it is due in part because more adrenaline is released while moving the energy around the body since your pituitary gland becomes more active. This explains the tingles and random goosebumps I get sometimes.

Now it’s all fine and dandy, but once you run out of juice the rebound sucks. While moving and gathering energy in your body you feel energized, but after you want to pass out. In addition, I have been having weird electrical feelings around my heart. I went to see a doctor a year ago and they couldn't find anything wrong.

Do any of you feel the after effects and how do you deal with it to minimize the rebound as I call it.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:30 AM
Master
joe... If you run out of juice and have rebound effects you're running on your own limited energy field. Instead you can shift to drawing in pure life energy from the universe... then see what a difference it makes.

Xan

Old 04-07-2012, 01:33 AM
joe

So I should supplement my own energy through breathing and pulling the energy through my dan? I can pull the energy in and create the heat through breathing, but I have a hard time distributing the energy.

Do you have any tips. What is your method for drawing in the energy I don't like to visualize. I find that it hinders a lot of things.

Thank you for the advice,

Joe
Old 04-07-2012, 01:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
Now it’s all fine and dandy, but once you run out of juice the rebound sucks. While moving and gathering energy in your body you feel energized, but after you want to pass out. In addition, I have been having weird electrical feelings around my heart. I went to see a doctor a year ago and they couldn't find anything wrong.

Do any of you feel the after effects and how do you deal with it to minimize the rebound as I call it.

When you use up the energy in your body it can take time to bring it back in, and to fill up so to speak. Many healers work with what is known as Universal energy that comes from the universe and they turn themselves into a channel of this energy. That way they do not use up their own energy and can continue on about their day after their energy work.

You can focus your intent of having your higher self channel or send the energy to yourself, or even the heavens if that is what you believe in.

An easy way to do this would be to sit in a char with both feet on the ground. Take a few deep breaths, you can focus on the area between your navel and your pubic bone. This is one of the areas that chi and prana gather within the body.

You can then raise your hands, palm to palm above your head and focus on the energy coming down from the universe, into your hands, down into your arms, down into your chest, so on all the way down the area you focused on before you put your hands above your head.

Take it slow at first. Too much at a time may overwhelm you and make you feel a little off center. You may also want to practice a grounding meditation afterwards before you get up from the chair, or practice moving the energy around.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:53 AM
Master
I don't visualize much either, but feel subtle energies that I draw in through my breathing and direct through my hands and certain fingers.

I suggest you first become more conscious of the vast supply of energies all around you and throughout the universe, letting your awareness expand.

Once you have practiced this for a few days at least, when you draw in energy through the dan tien there will be a subtly different quality to your work.

In fact you may find you no longer need heat to be effective in what you want to do.

Distributing works from simply setting a clear intention and letting it go... like letting an arrow fly from the bow.

Xan

Old 04-07-2012, 02:05 AM
joe

Thank you both for the tips!

I will implement your suggestions and practice. Hopefully things will get better these rebounds are terrible.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:09 AM
Master
joe... Another thought I have is, you may be working too intensely, with effort and trying. As you learn to trust the energies and allow them to flow rather than pushing, the rebounds should fade away.

Xan

Old 04-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Nebulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
So I have been practicing moving my energy now for a number of years. But have issues turning it off. I can create heat, make areas of my body vibrate, and have a static feeling like little bolts of electricity shooting of my hairs just by thinking about it . It creates almost a euphoric effect. I think it is due in part because more adrenaline is released while moving the energy around the body since your pituitary gland becomes more active. This explains the tingles and random goosebumps I get sometimes.

You need to be pulling in more energy. You're putting out too much and then burning yourself out and not taking time to do some self-maintenance. There are two methods for drawing energy in, if you don't already know - I'll just call them breathing, and circulation for convenience and mention them, hopefully it's helpful..

With the breathing method, you'll pull in energy before you work with it - taking the time to reach out and 'drink' or 'inhale' energy from your chosen source. (There are infinite sources for energy, be it living creatures, plants, rocks, people, elemental energies...everything has energy, it's just whatever is easiest for you to make use of.) You take a moment to hold that energy and convert it to whatever energy you're trying to create ...and then you do your work. This is a good method to start with to get used to pulling.

The second method, a method I prefer, is when you get really advanced with pulling energy. You have a continuous input which instantly replaces whatever you put out - like circular breathing. It is converted quickly, subconsciously, and you can put out infinite amounts of energy at the drop of a hat with this method and very rarely tire out (only if your rate of input begins to be slower than your rate of output).

Secondly, you need to ensure you are not pulling from your own body and sapping your physical self - and any accidental self-sapping, you need to do some quick healing to fix after you're done doing whatever you do.

And in all cases, when you've stretched yourself further than you're used to stretching, you may temporarily feel fatigue until you recover. For me the after-fatigue lasts a day at the absolute most - and that's only because my body is compromised by illness in recent months, and only after extraordinary output (such as counter-attacks or defense against big things). After a nasty attack I sometimes have more maintenance to take care of from whatever blows my attacker manages to land before they are consumed.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:23 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe

What is the purpose for this energy manipulation?

My comments are that it is not possible to distinguish between your own and universal energy. Energy cannot be destroyed. It can of course be moved or transformed.

If, after energy work, one feels depleted without any apparent reason then you are doing something wrong. Become aware of what you are doing, then accept the result if the action is deliberate.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:27 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
What is the purpose for this energy manipulation?

My comments are that it is not possible to distinguish between your own and universal energy. Energy cannot be destroyed. It can of course be moved or transformed.

If, after energy work, one feels depleted without any apparent reason then you are doing something wrong. Become aware of what you are doing, then accept the result if the action is deliberate.

Well I am trying to increase the amount of energy I can hold by widening my meridians and stimulating my chakras.

You can think of the strength of your energy as being affected by three major components: your mind (focus), spirit (energy), and body (physical)

Each one of these aspects can increase your control and movement of energy or hurt it. So it is important to strengthen each and balance yourself.

So I practice my focus by concentrating and moving large amounts of energy to small points in my body.

Then I increase my energy, by moving this large concentration of energy through my body stretching my meridians. This releases blockages and stimulates your chakras.

However, it uses up a lot of energy as it is expelled through heat and for me a feeling of static electricity.

I started focusing on my breathing and brining a constant stream of energy in while I practice and so for the past two days I haven’t gotten the kickback yet.