Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 02-07-2012, 01:10 AM
stoic

contacting a mermaid

I'm going to the beach in a couple days, and really want to try to contact a mermaid. I'm wondering how to go about this. Any tips, mantras, mudras, meditations?
Before I make contact, I'm going to make it clear that all beings with bad intentions are not welcome.
I've heard that mermaids are very tempting and like to seduce. I feel the need to ask if it would be dangerous to partake in this.
Also what if she wants me to go into the ocean with her? Would there be any negative consequences to this?
Old 03-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Occultist

Sirens and Mermaids are 2 different mythological beings.
Often confused and inter webbed but there different.
Also a Mythological beings are just that and if they do exist thet are beyond the hedge.
Side note: If something beckons you under water my suggestion is to not go unless you have gills.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Newfreedom9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdIPa5X7jHk&feature=plcp

Just saw this today and thought of you!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Sirens and Mermaids are 2 different mythological beings.
Often confused and inter webbed but there different.
Also a Mythological beings are just that and if they do exist thet are beyond the hedge.
Side note: If something beckons you under water my suggestion is to not go unless you have gills.

LOL! Indeed. Supernatural creatures are not prone to answer our beckon calls. From what I understand these Mer-beings are none too fond of human kind even if they are portrayed as beautiful and fanciful in movies and Disney cartoons.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:13 AM
Wisa'ka

Once I heard a Chickahominy man in New Kent County speak of what he called the little river people, or marsh men. They live along the river and creek marshes. They are suppose to be rather smallish and have grey skin and hair. They hunt roosting waterfowl and also prey upon sleeping muskrats, digging into their marsh grass dens. They are said to be excellent swimmers and can hold their breath under water for a long time. Some say they have webbed hands and feet. They are also said to be nocturnal, but sometimes sighted at either dawn or dusk. Although no one has seen them in about 40 years, people claim to hear them at night moving through the tall marsh grass.
Old 15-09-2012, 11:43 PM
thinkthinkthink

I would love to believe it, realy I would and I don't want to blow your bubble but either they arent real or aren't on our plane... Rubbish I know. Sadface.

Peace
Old 16-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Buzz

I like mermaids. It's those sirens you need to be mindful of!!
Old 30-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Indigo_Leader

In New Zealand we have a water creature called a Tuniwha. Like the mermaid it has bad reputation and one night in the bush the dog I got beaten up by one. They earned their dark reputation.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:44 AM
CJ82Sky

I am watching Animal Planet right now and there is a special on about mermaids, with a doctor that has put extensive time and researching into figuring them out and determining if/how humans evolved from them or from some other aquatic beings. He's making some interesting points, and honestly until seeing this I just assumed that they weren't on our plane and only exist elsewhere. I just started watching but it is definitely and interesting feature!

http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/mermaids
Old 02-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
I am watching Animal Planet right now and there is a special on about mermaids, with a doctor that has put extensive time and researching into figuring them out and determining if/how humans evolved from them or from some other aquatic beings. He's making some interesting points, and honestly until seeing this I just assumed that they weren't on our plane and only exist elsewhere. I just started watching but it is definitely and interesting feature!

http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/mermaids

That show was a "Mock-umentary" ....so just take it as maybe fun theories, but not as facts.