Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 17-07-2012, 01:26 AM
Insensitive1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumine
I don't think it matters whether or not you are a natural healer. If you have a desire to learn to do it and are able to, I just it's just as good, perhaps in some ways it can be even better because you would probably go through the learning process more methodically and learn about all the do's and don'ts. I know that because healing is something I just do without thinking, I jumped right in there without knowing about important things like discharging energy so it can have its pros and cons

In a sense when it comes to healing you could say I have a natural talent. I normally talk to people and give them advice regarding the situations they end up in, along with just tending to help them laugh. I also have a tendency to want to give people a massage from time to time. People like it, too. They say my hands are warm and that I should change my major (I'm in college) to massage therapy or something similar.

But I don't know much about healing the energy body or someone's chakra. I've been wanting to make progress with using energy but not only can I barely feel energy (hence my username), I don't currently have anyone around that can tell me if they see anything different about me or if I'm doing what I'm trying to do (i.e: make an energy ball).

Btw thanks for all the advice. I'll try my best to put it to good use :)
Old 17-07-2012, 05:43 AM
Yamah

As Whitewarrior implied, sensing another person's energy is VITAL to safe healing. If you have difficulty sensing energy then that should be the first thing you work on. Manipulating energies is always easier than sensing them. Chances are, if you are attempting to make an energy ball then you are succeeding... but you are simply not aware that you are succeeding. Next time, instead of concentrating on the creation part, assume that you were successful and just feel for the edges of the ball.
Old 17-07-2012, 05:58 AM
Insensitive1

I know that. I don't want to even try healing myself until I have a firm grasp of manipulating and sensing energies.
Old 17-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Guide
Definitely practice first. Learn to see auras and practice looking at your own chakras – learn how to clear them and sense blockages. This is something I cannot do at the moment either so don't worry, it just takes some practice really. ^Good advice from Yamah about creating a ball of energy. Everyone will experience it differently but for some their hands will heat up, others will have tingling hands.

http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/healing.html
^This website has a really interesting write up about the whole process of healing and everything surrounding it. If you click on the auras link in the left hand menu, it also tells you about learning to view auras too.
Old 17-07-2012, 07:49 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
Learning to heal others is a long and difficult path.

Sorry but I very much dislike when people tell such things. For some it turn up to be true for others it does not. So what one might say is: for me it was/is a long and difficult path. The Cosmos is put together so that a task is only as big as we make it. If you believe it is hard to learn how to heal the path will be hard. When I help people develop their abilities to read others and their everyday spirituality I tell them to turn it all into a game and just have fun with it all. This makes them loosen up and be more open to receive information. So my best advice is that you just try to make a game out of your training and just have fun with trying to be a healer.
Old 17-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Yamah

It is important to enjoy 'playing' with energy, but energy work can be a dangerous practice if done wrong. It is vitally important to respect energy and not use it frivolously. One may think it is just fun and games and then attempt to heal a person without being fully prepared and cause a severe tear in the other's energy body or flood an area with too much energy causing a blockage or even burn out an energy channel by working too intensely.

A surgeon must also enjoy his job - but if he sees his work as a game then someone can die. Energy Work, especially Healing, should viewed with at least the same measure of respect.

Insensitive: I'm sorry if I sounded patronizing. It's always hard to gauge what people do and don't know on forums. I hope that we will get to know each other better and that we'll learn where each others' strengths and weaknesses lie.

Self-Healing is quite a bit safer than healing others. Simple cycling work is relatively harmless and practicing moving energy around your body is great exercise. Ditto for Grounding and Centering. Chakra work I'd hold off on until you can sense your chakras with a degree of clarity though concentrating on subtly speeding or slowing them down will help with awareness of them and should be a relatively safe exercise.

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 17-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Quagmire

I do not equal making a game out of things with being careless. I just see no reason in setting up limitations of fear up on my path because it will only bring me closer to make a fatal mistake, so I just try to be casual about it and have fun with it all. But yes it is important to be aware of where you are on your path.
Old 18-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Ascender
Hi,
I see everyone says you need to be careful and you need to see the block,but is it impossible to just send healing energy (energy that you have given an intent) and let it do its work alone? To just send this energy to help the person the person natural healing capacity ? It will not have as much effect as feeling the block and all that,but well it can also help and its safer...
Old 18-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3619
Hi,
I see everyone says you need to be careful and you need to see the block,but is it impossible to just send healing energy (energy that you have given an intent) and let it do its work alone? To just send this energy to help the person the person natural healing capacity ? It will not have as much effect as feeling the block and all that,but well it can also help and its safer...

I think reiki works in this way, sending positive healing energy to the person rather than focusing on finding blocks and manipulating energy. Sending healing energy reiki style (as in, just loving, positive energy) is probably a much safer way to send healing for anyone who is learning or practicing.
Old 18-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Master

Vicky, it is certainly possible to send someone healing energy, as a bubble or otherwise, and just let the energy do its work. I have done it a few times. It decreases pain a little and makes the body heal slightly faster. But you achieve as much with a hug and a couple of Aspirins. I don't generally feel drawn to do that kind of healing unless I know the person well and want to give a little comfort (the personal connection also increases the effectivity of the healing.) A quality healer can target the area of pain/illness and achieve a marked difference in moments. I can do that - but I can also create great pain or damage if I don't see the true problem. Which is why I no longer heal.