Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 12-12-2011, 12:37 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Never knew that,Mac. Always thought a channeller meant the same as a medium.

You aren't on your own.....
Old 12-12-2011, 12:59 PM
deepsea

Well,what's the difference between a channeller and medium?

Spirit connect with the medium to give messages to loved one.
Do channellers do the same?

Now I'm getting confused.....
Old 12-12-2011, 01:19 PM
MMM

no channeling is more like trance mediumship but more new agish

read the last page
Old 12-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Lorraine Holloway-White

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Simple question?

Is Spiritualism regarded as a Religion?
If it is.......why isn't it included in the telephone directories under the heading of 'Religion'?

Deepsea

It isn't a religion, it is a belief. I am friends with the president of our local spiritualist church who is also a minister there. I have many other people I know similar from around the world and they all say they are not a religion but have to say they are and that they believe in God as they want to be able to conduct marriages legally and to be able to do so, they have to say they believe in a Deity.
We have had long discussions about this as I said it was wrong and they insisted it was ok to do it but they still say if asked they are scientific churches and nothing to do with religion.
Hope that helps?
There are, however, Christian spiritualist churches who say they do believe in God, but again, their teachings are always purely in the SNU guidelines.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Lorraine Holloway-White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
no channeling is more like trance mediumship but more new agish

read the last page

no it isn't - the two are very different. You have obviously never witnessed either being done properly to say that and have never had it happen to you either. I channel and have never had trance, but one of the people in my Sensitives Development Group works in trance most times - naturally. It is the way they want her to work. They also channel through me as that is the way they want me to work at present. Both are used in a very different way.
There is nothing at all new ageish about it I can assure you and as a natural born medium, it is this sort of thing that happens to natural mediums quite a bit. Whereas what you see when trance is alleged to be done in most groups is totally fake and sad copies of the real thing. It is always obvious to a natural medium when this is happening even though most others are often taken in by it.
If anyone wants to DM me I will be more than happy to answer questions as there is much confusion in these matters due to so many strange teachings
Old 12-12-2011, 02:06 PM
MMM

in the last page, i wrote that channeling and trance mediumship are different
Lorraine, you're a newbie here - how about reading the posts and the rules before giving off all these posts?
AND
Spiritualism is a RELIGION, PHILOSOPHY AND SCIENCE
It is a recognized bona fide religion
Old 12-12-2011, 02:06 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Holloway-White
It isn't a religion, it is a belief. I am friends with the president of our local spiritualist church who is also a minister there. I have many other people I know similar from around the world and they all say they are not a religion but have to say they are and that they believe in God as they want to be able to conduct marriages legally and to be able to do so, they have to say they believe in a Deity.
We have had long discussions about this as I said it was wrong and they insisted it was ok to do it but they still say if asked they are scientific churches and nothing to do with religion.
Hope that helps?
There are, however, Christian spiritualist churches who say they do believe in God, but again, their teachings are always purely in the SNU guidelines.

Ah,getting the picture now.
I must belong to a Christian spiritualist church then in the area where I live.
They can conduct marriages and funerals also.
Their hymns are devoted to God and spiritualism.
I've just thought of the hymns they sing,and they are normal christian hymns,
Thanks so much for your help.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:08 PM
MMM

trance mediums (and I'm talking SNU certified) are in a different league than 'channelers'
channelers can allow in any ET, angel, guide , self-proclaimed master, even Yoda and the fairies....trance mediums requires great training and dedication - no mere natural medium can do this
Old 12-12-2011, 02:09 PM
deepsea

I want to say 'thank you' to all of you who have helped.
Finally getting the picture straight in my mind.

Deepsea
Old 12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
MMM

we now have total chaos and confusion
Christians believe in the divinity of christ and that jesus died for our sins - spiritualists don't = so there can be no 'christian spiritualists'
deepsea, tell me that you're loving this?
mac, i know, and glenos, will explode....