Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 21-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Space_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by auricman
i think he…got very big headed and clamed to be the son of god for his abilities. so i see him as a lier that shouldn't be so widly praised.

anyone share my views???

I can’t say that I necessarily share your views. Where I would try to turn your attention would be towards acknowledging at least the possibility that Jesus’s claim of divinity wasn’t his…but that of subsequent authors of the Bible… Thoughts?

Last edited by Space_Man : 22-02-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 22-02-2006, 04:30 PM
AL

Heh, joyriding on the forum auric, why not.
First, we tend to see ourselves in others.
2 spirituality is not about performing tricks, but developing virtues.
We need to understand who Jesus was protesting against. I think the scriptures have been doctored to make the likes of P Pilate look innocent. Some churches have stained glass windoes of Jesus' blood being drank, and, were there those eating his flesh? Doesnt sound like Jews to me.
If Jesus was up against a secret society, then there is much we have yet to learn about his motives. And we are still on course for it all going off, NOW.
Cheers Al *

Last edited by AL : 11-11-2006 at 11:12 AM.
Old 22-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Space_Man

[color=#444938][font=Verdana][quote=AL]
Old 23-02-2006, 11:08 AM
DASA

Nature of Jesus

So you try and preach a universal message of love of God and mankind, for which you get crucified for your efforts. As if that wasn't enough a few hundred years later you get people changing some of what you've said; then after approx 1400 years you get all kind of conspiracy theories constantly arising about 'who' you really were and 'what' your mission was, then 2006 years along the line you get called a liar on spiritual forums.

"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
Old 23-02-2006, 11:52 AM
AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Man
Um… [* scratches head in bewilderment *] …so, are you saying that Jesus was involved in some sort of conflict with a “secret society of satanic Pagans,” and that they were ultimately responsible for his execution…?

Ummmmmmmmmm (the sound of the modern universe, no offence spacey)
A:Yes, I guess so.
According to interpretations of the dead sea scrolls, Jesus survived and had children.
The end is the begining.
Love and peace Al *

Last edited by AL : 11-11-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 23-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Poppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by auricman
i havn't actually read this tread yet cause i don't really have the time at the moment. but i will post my views on jesus. i think he was a damn good healer but got very big headed and clamed to be the son of god for his abilities. so i see him as a lier that shouldn't be so widly praised.

anyone share my views???
Not as such.

My belief was that his role was to discover the path back to reunion with the Divine... and for us to realise that we too can choose to follow our own path to the Divine...

I don't see a big-headed man... I see a man who was 'put on a pedestal'... and whose words and actions were misunderstood and misquoted...
Old 23-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Space_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASA
So you try and preach a universal message of love of God and mankind, for which you get crucified for your efforts. …then 2006 years along the line you get called a liar on spiritual forums.

It would be interesting to hear how Jesus would have described himself, wouldn’t it…?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL
May I suggest a book… According to it,Jesus survived and had children,one of them being Christ.
So…this book asserts that Jesus himself was not the Christ…?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppies
My belief was that his role was to discover the path back to reunion with the Divine... and for us to realize that we too can choose to follow our own path to the Divine...

I don't see a big-headed man... I see a man who was 'put on a pedestal'... and whose words and actions were misunderstood and misquoted...

Perhaps not surprisingly, I’m in complete agreement with you…
Old 23-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Poppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Man

Perhaps not surprisingly, I’m in complete agreement with you…
Thankyou my friend...

Last edited by Poppies : 23-02-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Old 23-02-2006, 09:34 PM
DirtyMagicalAly

[color=#444938][font=Verdana]Perhaps not surprisingly, I
Old 24-02-2006, 01:50 PM
AL

J and C

So…this book asserts that Jesus himself was not the Christ…?

I dont know how far I am willing to debate and certainly wont argue the point.
No book determines things ultimately, but, that is what the dead sea scrolls are saying from what I can make out from this book, that, Jesus is the father of Christ.
Imaculate conception comes into it all somewhere also.
These are "appocolyptic" times, far more than back then, and, Jesus' message does apear to be that way inclined.
The man is a rebel, I wonder to what degree the blue rinse brigade sitting in churches realise this.
Cheers, Al*

Last edited by AL : 11-11-2006 at 11:19 AM.
Closed Thread