Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 08-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Master
Living foods... seeds and nuts...

Recently I became fascinated by these new chia seed drinks.

I plan to eventually start making my own at home but in the mean time through my research I found a bunch of information about soaking seeds and nuts before you eat them to shed a harmful enzyme and activate the life within them.

http://www.robinskey.com/soak-your-nuts/

Did my first batch with Almonds yesterday.

Isn't this beautiful?

I never realized all those shriveled little lines were veins!

I still feel a little monstrous eating them... like "It's alive!" *insert evil laugh here

I'm a horrible person... Chomping away at all these tiny plant embryos that I gave life to...

Suppose Ima have to overcome that emotional dilemma on my own... because I know it's silly... and for now... I want to see if it can actually help increase my energy levels and overall health.

As for last night, I actually forgot to eat before work and found myself remarkably sustained on only a chia seed drink...

and 3 shots of espresso...

Anyone else ever experiment with this?
Old 09-09-2016, 11:21 AM
Master
How funny you are.

Alive foods are more nutritious and not so heavy on the digestive system. You can soak them then dry in the oven on low for what they call activated nuts. They are delicious too.

I soak all my nuts, especially my most eaten one, which is almonds. I make my own almond milk with them too and make chia seed pudding.

I soak most of my legumes that take longer to cook.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 09-09-2016, 04:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
How funny you are.

Alive foods are more nutritious and not so heavy on the digestive system. You can soak them then dry in the oven on low for what they call activated nuts. They are delicious too.

I soak all my nuts, especially my most eaten one, which is almonds. I make my own almond milk with them too and make chia seed pudding.

I soak most of my legumes that take longer to cook.

That is awesome

I just got some chia seeds today

Started a batch of pudding and about to start some gel for drinks

Can't wait!
Old 09-09-2016, 10:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
That is awesome

I just got some chia seeds today

Started a batch of pudding and about to start some gel for drinks

Can't wait!

Awesome.
I am off to eat my pudding now..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 12-09-2016, 08:15 PM
Gryneos

The only soaking I've done of almonds was before making almond milk. Usually only about 8-12 hours of soaking. To get them to pre-sprouting stage, you have to go at least 24-36 hours of soaking. You might also change the water every eight hours, as one would do when sprouting.

That's something I've done a few times in the past couple of months, sprouting seeds. I bought some sampler packs from a company online called SproutPeople, and I do like their seed mixes. The only single seed I've tried was amaranth, and it sprouts fast, in 36 hours. Most other seeds take at least twice that long, or up to 6-7 days to make a nice mass of sprouts.

And I can eat the sprouts right out of the sprouter. They don't last more than a few days with me, though they are supposed to be able to keep for 2-weeks refrigerated
Old 27-09-2016, 03:38 PM
Pathfinder

Great idea! Good luck to you and I hope there would be followers!
Old 30-09-2016, 05:59 AM
Guide

Wow, does the almond taste better soaked?
Old 03-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Knower

I love nuts!