Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Space_Man

[quote=sashwah]
Old 10-01-2006, 11:36 PM
sashwah

o.k, o.k... but it's going to have to wait til tomorrow... it's almost midnight in my part of the world and i'm still trying to digest the numerous threads that are up and running... I do have a few ideas you might like to rag about though lol!!! Also i'm the moderator of another site and well, it's been busy tonight... my brain has retired.
Tomorrow.... :lol:
Old 15-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Elen0Sila

Pardon me if I'm being dense here, but why? Why would Jesus be a reincarnation of Adam? Just because of the line about life-giving? In that case, every woman who gives birth is a reincarnation of Adam/Jesus/&Co. ... *confused* :o I guess I don't see any reason for believing the two (or more) to be identified with each other. To see them as corresponding figures ... Adam as the heralder of physical life, Jesus as the heralder of spiritual life, sure. But the same person? Again, why? Maybe I'm just clueless. :o
Old 15-01-2006, 05:08 PM
sashwah

No way are you clueless.. before this thread, i had no idea that there was such a train of thought. My head fell off right at the start and i've pretty much bowed out of this one. It just leads me to think that jesus had alien DNA, which is pretty much what i've thought for years. It just doesn't feel right somewhow. :shock:
Old 17-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Space_Man

And, just to clarify: this is all just brainstorming
Old 30-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Poppies

I looked at the link that Space_Man posted there, and I thought this was interesting:

Quote:
The Secret Teachings of Jesus

An important Christian Gnostic teaching was the "Logos" which in Greek is translated as "the image of the Word." It is an important concept found in the gospel of John:

"In the beginning was the Word (Logos), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)

Logos is the part of God that acts in the world. It is the perfect unity of the human and the divine. This is affirmed by John when he wrote that "the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us." When John stated that Jesus is the Logos, he is stating that Jesus became the Logos, the Christ. The Logos is the divine "spark" of God within humans that needs to awakened. Everyone has the "image of the Word (Logos)" within them and it is for this reason that Genesis describes humanity as created "in the image and likeness of God." The Logos is the divine Spirit in humanity. By using the Christian Gnostic idea of the Logos, John is not only affirming the preexistence and divinity of Jesus, but he is affirming that all sons of God created in the "image of the Word" as Jesus was, preexisted in spirit before being born. In other words, every human is an incarnation of the Logos and every human has to potential of becoming like Jesus, a manifestation of the human-divine unity. Every human can be a "Christ" and because of this, every soul will eventually be drawn back to God.
Old 30-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Space_Man

Yeah
Closed Thread