Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 27-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Administrator
Hello

You would be stunned at the number of "training" places there are for medium's to develop. I know one that is a multi million dollar business. They think honestly all your going to deal with is the "nice" spirits. That is not the case we never know what door might well be opened or what might be with or attached to someone we come to work with.

For those that come into it open like me you learn to live with it. I get asked all the time to do circles and development training. I will do the "intuition nearness" training but to take a group out to do haunted sites ext no. I did work with a team of investigators in the UK for several years as their medium advisory....but I did not train any of them. I was there to help clear energies and bring in some understandings to so called haunted locations.

We all have this with us on a very base line level to have the full deal open to one that is not ready for it could well tear one apart emotionally.

Lynn
Old 27-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Master

Oh, I can imagine. I used to watch a program called Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal and I would actually cry. These kids were terrified of what they had to encounter on a daily basis. My heart goes out to any child that has to grow up to fast and dealing with the paranormal/dead ...well you're right they were completely torn up.
Old 27-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Oh, I can imagine. I used to watch a program called Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal and I would actually cry. These kids were terrified of what they had to encounter on a daily basis. My heart goes out to any child that has to grow up to fast and dealing with the paranormal/dead ...well you're right they were completely torn up.

I think a lot of the times these shows are what make it worse for individuals that are sensitive. Like your ghost hunting shows. Where it paints a picture of it being the cool thing to do, or that anyone can do with willy nilly, without properly preparing or training individuals.

Not to mention kids are overly exploited in these types of things.

I am just curious why one would become a medium.
Old 28-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Master

Actually, the show was about a couple of paranormal people who would gather these frightened children together and "educate" them. Connect with them and let them know they were normal for a medium or psychic. Take them through a series of exercises to face their fears. By the end of each show the children had smiles on their faces and warm hugs for the paranormal people who were assisting them.
Old 28-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Administrator
Hello

Having worked with children and parents in this place I know well its all about finding that place of balance with everyone around them This includes the school, I hit that wall at first but as I was able to stand so firmly in the person I am I got past that one.

I had a child therapist say to me after retirement I wonder how many I miss diagnosed....and put on meds. As meds did not work for my Son. He had to find it in himself to step into himself as a person that is different. That is not always self confidence more its acceptance that this is life how I am mean to be.

I too worked behind the scenes as an advisory Medium for one of the TV Shows when doing investigations. There are very few Mediums that will honestly work with such shows as the are "so made for TV" in the end editing room cuts.

I did wonder when my Son had his first vision at the age of 4 what kinda life he would have with it all, how fast he would have to grow up. His life is different on some levels and he had had to learn what is OK to share and what stays in the home is all. Here again its about finding balance.

I LOVe to look on the faces of Admin Staff at the school when I say find the file you have on me and my kids....then tell me you understand my child's need to step out of class at times and call home. As that is what each teacher gets at the start of class an open "Hall Pass" for my child to leave the class and go to the office and call home if need be. Its only been used twice but it understood. Not always accepted by their faith but its enforced.

We are more and more all opening to accept that things are different that we sense things that are outside what were the normal realms of life. Seeing those that have passed will one day be quite normal.

Lynn
Old 28-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Master

Would you say we do not see those who have passed away because we have been conditioned and continue to condition ourselves not to see them?

How do we get past this dilemma? Especially when 98% of the population avoid anything on the subject of death?
Old 28-08-2014, 05:40 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Would you say we do not see those who have passed away because we have been conditioned and continue to condition ourselves not to see them?

I look to my childhood and memories from the age of 6 and being told "never" talk about this and how my Dad held that power of authority over the family so I never did. When I rebelled some as a teen I would make comments from time to time and get told again "stop". So in that early age I should have shut it down in me. Why is that I am told I came in as I am fully "on and aware" that this is me and I had to find a path to grow into it all

Looking at my oldest Son man I missed it in him til he was 2 and could show me with a picture test whom was in his room. I saw it almost day one with the other two kids that they saw things. The oldest is me again fully, and I have never shut him down. He too came in with it but different from me he is OK with it all no nightmares ext....total peace it is whom he is.

We are told stories about "monsters under the bed" then told that is not real but for some of us that is real. We see things but are told its nothing.

How do we get past this dilemma? Especially when 98% of the population avoid anything on the subject of death?

We have a very strong logic centre to our brain and it works to block things we do not understand seeing or hearing at times. Oh its nothing is easy to say and that will be that.

How do we move past this place that most do not buy into seeing things that we call spirits is much being able to know whom you are as a person and being strong on that path. Being a self advocate and one there for your kids. That can be hard as it takes a lot of good self image and confidence. I had to find that place in me......and have. I have been putting that place in line with my kids.

You too have to know when to share and when not to share. I can openly say to people "I see dead people" as I know well whom I am and honor fully the gifts I came in with. I know whom I am as a person. That took many years and much trainning in public speaking. I too do not go around SHOWING OFF whom I am and what I can do like some Mediums do. I would never go up to a stranger and go "Mom has a message for you" . That is an invation on all levels.

It comes down to where one lives at times too what prosecutions one might face. Times are changing but its slow to come. We will get there.

Lynn
Old 31-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Master

Hmm, a lot to contemplate.

Now that you talk of the logic center in our brain, I can see and put the pieces together. Evening seeing an accident, two people will tell the story differently. Because their logic center can only handle what it can handle.

That is the part of the brain that needs to be focused on, strengthened. Also, our society needs to acknowledge and embrace the spirit world in a more open manner.

Another train of thought: do you think, there are more psychic people today than, say, 50 years ago? Will that part of our brain develop as we progress in future generations? I agree that people who have psychic abilities, have children who have psychic abilities. In other words, will that spill into the rest of the non-psychic families in the future?
Old 31-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Administrator
Hello

I feel that we come in with all that knowledge that is housed in the Soul but it is not the path in every life in to open to some of it. If we were to open to all that there is with us what would be learned ? We seem to come into a life to at times move forwards from a past life we had to re explore things or to learn new things.

If I look to the family history I have I have found that it does go back in the lines of my Dad's side yet it was never discussed. When doing the family history we found that a branch of the family was literally "hung" from a tree in their yard for what would have been "healing" but back then would have been thought crafts or magics.

Looking back I know well why I was told "not" to talk about it all. Being 51 the times were there where I could well have been put in a mental home for what I would see or say. I met a woman once that was, she was a bit older than I and that is what life path she had befall her. Her's had a happy ending but still. I was being protected and I bless that path now.

It does run in family lines and through our past lives, that does not mean that every generation in opens to that part of self. Many things can change that path. We are all psychic as we all have intuitions. We do not all open to it all as it is a lot to take on.

I do not know that there are more coming in I feel its that the times are more ready on some levels to explore it....too that vale to the other side is getting thinner it seems. We are more connected to that spirit World. Maybe they are more willing to let us in ?

There is more on TV on the subject and more trying to understand it all find that ever common theme man has "find the truth" but is that truth really out there or is it already housed in us and we just have to find it and embrace it being there.

We can teach anyone to use some of the abilities that a Medium does, but that does not always make them a successful Medium that is something we come in with I feel. We are born into whom we might well become.

When I work with another Medium on say a case we do not always get the same information but when its laid out it does match up. We are just processing it differently in what we try and understand we are given. Some work visually so they use the brain to try and create a picture others work with language and we well know that can vary by how we put things down. At times what looks so different does over lap.

I see it as a jig saw puzzle that you have no box image for only pieces. You can do the puzzle but its not easy at first. You might well start with the boarder and work it that way. You might look for common stronger patterns but you do not maybe know what the final image will be.

Lynn