Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 03-04-2013, 07:34 AM
sarinmall

Quote:
I like this here article: Plants Display Sentience and Social Behavior

This part is quite interesting: Apparently, Sagebrush will boost its immune system when exposed to clippings of a related plant. Could these plants be sending alarms or warning signals to each other? Possibly, but more research is needed to confirm anything. And it goes on to ask a valid question: I think the idea of plant sentience may put a whole new perspective on things for some people. It would seem that if plants are capable of the same things as animals (realization and communication), that eating a carrot would be no different than eating a chicken leg, as both come from beings that display awareness. It certainly gives you something to think about.

The odd thing for me is that you ask people to consider what you sense while not wishing to consider what other sentient beings sense (among those some humans with amazing skills). Should you not show the same kind of empathy towards others that you wish of them? I agree that we should not harm other beings in an unnecessary way, but some animals used for food get better lives than some plants used for food.

I read all such articles before writing my own..All this reflects consciousness but not pain or sufferings..First you think about why you are not able to differentiate between carrot and chicken leg piece..how can you think eating carrot and chicken leg piece is one and the same?..All scientists right from einstein to newton recommended vegeterin..Do you think they were unwise and were not able to understand the diffrence between plant and animals

Last edited by arive nan : 14-07-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Quagmire

Never said it was the same; said they should have the same recognizion. And suggested you showed the same Empathy you wish to get in return. The question is if any of us are both blind and deaf do we then get a "get out of jail" card? Because such a person can neither see or hear pain

One day you hopefully wake up and understand that you are not the whole humanity but only one human. Your reality reflecs your Self and how you perceive it. Some humans on that accord are simply not Herbivores though you wish they were. They could probably be; but what do I truly know besides myself? Personally I do not have a craving or need for meat, yet a month ago a little meat helped me in my process of grounding some energies within me that veggies was not capable of. It did not make me sick and my body distributed it as I wished for; my guess is if I was completely Herbivore my body would not be capable of that. There might not be a gigantic leap of difference from human to human when talking about DNA but the combination between the human body and our spirit makes the differences infinite. In that we are very diverse.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 PM
sarinmall

Quote:
Never said it was the same; said they should have the same recognizion. And suggested you showed the same Empathy you wish to get in return. The question is if any of us are both blind and deaf do we then get a "get out of jail" card? Because such a person can neither see or hear pain

One day you hopefully wake up and understand that you are not the whole humanity but only one human. Your reality reflecs your Self and how you perceive it.
Some humans on that accord are simply not Herbivores though you wish they were. They could probably be; but what do I truly know besides myself? Personally I do not have a craving or need for meat, yet a month ago a little meat helped me in my process of grounding some energies within me that veggies was not capable of. It did not make me sick and my body distributed it as I wished for; my guess is if I was completely Herbivore my body would not be capable of that.

There might not be a gigantic leap of difference from human to human when talking about DNA but the combination between the human body and our spirit makes the differences infinite. In that we are very diverse.

Again you missed the point...I said against unnecessary torture and killing of animals...I am not against eating meat but against the way it is happening today...If you really want to eat meat then eat the ones who die their natural death...I was also a non vegetarian once..
I frequently write articles on spirituality..So, You really think i don't understand about perception and reality....By the way, this topic was not my reality or perception..I have backed it up with the saying and perceptions of many wise persons plus scientific evidences which you have not done for your comments..
By bringing in the Deaf*and dumb scenario(which is not even 0.01% of the world population) does not make any sense to me..By the way,deaf and dumb people have different level of consciousness and they can see the ultimate reality in a way we don't do..In India, more than 80% of such deaf and dumb people are vegetarianism since they belief their karma has to do something for their unpleasant situation..
Do you really think like this..There are many carnivores which eat vegetables..This does not make them a herbivores...Ex: cat eat vegetables...This is because cat adapted to human conditions....Similarly, humans have adpated to non veg meat..You need to research...I have few more articles to write on
such beliefs and then you shall have no questions to ask...No offense please

Old 03-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Quagmire

Why would I be offended. I just wonder and place the questions that comes to mind. You were the one who said you did not care if plants felt pain because you could not see or hear it (that is the same as being blind and deaf). And to me it sounds like you care little that others can sense it because the fact that you cannot sense it; so their reality is not valid - only those realities that you can comprehend seem to be. But maybe I am wrong You know what, I am not even sure there exist such a thing as a human we can put into a box and say that is a human bla bla bla.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:36 PM
sarinmall

Quote:
Why would I be offended. I just wonder and place the questions that comes to mind. You were the one who said you did not care if plants felt pain because you could not see or hear it (that is the same as being blind and deaf). And to me it sounds like you care little that others can sense it because the fact that you cannot sense it; so their reality is not valid - only those realities that you can comprehend seem to be. But maybe I am wrong You know what, I am not even sure there exist such a thing as a human we can put into a box and say that is a human bla bla bla.

Please don't misquote me..Check the reply which i gave to gracey and see if i have written "I did not care if plants felt pain"...I care not only about humans(Which includes you) but also about animals..This is the reason why i have posted this topic..I am open to all views but how should i
comprehend comments not backed up with acceptable evidences and sound logic...

Old 03-04-2013, 03:01 PM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinmall
Of these 3 links you give, 2 of them refer to the same man who underwent a profound religious experience at the age of 11. As such this is not exactly a basis for a generalisation of what can be achieved through yoga and mediation, as you mention.

The 3rd link - on sun gazing - says it does not advocate giving up eating.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
I am open to all views but how should i
comprehend comments not backed up with acceptable evidences and sound logic...

You are the one searching for evidence that add up with your logic which is part of your subjective perception of reality; not something objective. So that is something that only you are capable of finding and not something I can give you. If the mere experience of others is not enough then what is?
Old 03-04-2013, 06:52 PM
sarinmall

Quote:
You are the one searching for evidence that add up with your logic which is part of your subjective perception of reality; not something objective. So that is something that only you are capable of finding and not something I can give you. If the mere experience of others is not enough then what is?

The way you understand me shows your limited perception...I perceive in many ways which includes subjective and objective as well...Let the readers decide what they wanna believe in...We should finish off this unnecessary discussion here...

Old 03-04-2013, 07:11 PM
sarinmall

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Of these 3 links you give, 2 of them refer to the same man who underwent a profound religious experience at the age of 11. As such this is not exactly a basis for a generalisation of what can be achieved through yoga and mediation, as you mention.

The 3rd link - on sun gazing - says it does not advocate giving up eating.

Well amy...The links which i provided are verified examples of peoples who have developed the art of living without eating food or eating insignificant amount of food..And if you see the BBC documentary, person states he has developed this art through daily meditation. I have only given verified examples. In India, you will hear many person claiming of achieving the same through yoga but not documented or confirmed by doctors and all are pretty controversial. So, i did not mention those plus i did not took examples from ancient religious scriptures since it cannot be verified and you may find hard believing it...There is a yoga Asana to reduce your metabolism level...You can consult local yoga guru for the same or you can read "The Science of Yoga" by Willam Broad or "Slow Metabolism"
By Rachel G. Horn or you wait for my detailed article on that Asana...Developing the art of sun gazing or not eating is very difficult and dangerous to life... So, it is not advocated... Thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
The way you understand me shows your limited perception...I perceive in many ways which includes subjective and objective as well...Let the readers decide what they wanna believe in...We should finish off this unnecessary discussion here...

Agreed because there is no objective answer so it is futile to think there is, but think what you will of me - it is your choice as long as I am not limited by your perception of me then I am satisfied Thanks for the discussion...