Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 06-02-2013, 10:01 PM
silverfall

sleep paralysis

Is this a form of astral projection??
Even though I do not control it and it terrifies me??
Is it something biological or spiritual??
Please please advise as its quite freaky to me :)
Old 06-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Hermes

remain calm when this occurs and take it in. It is something people learn to do in order to astral project. If you would like to you are well on your way. How long does this occurrence last?
Old 06-02-2013, 10:09 PM
silverfall

They don't happen daily or weekly,but when they do come I encounter them several nights in the one week and then perhaps nothing for months. They last what it feels like ten to 15 minutes at a time!!! I am always trying to shout and I can't but I'm awake if you get me???
When I can move again I always get a frightened feeling of something bad.
My little boy sleeps beside me at night,he's 2,,,he always calls my name and that's what takes me out of it!! He must hear me struggling to shout out perhaps??
Old 06-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Bodhi_Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfall
They don't happen daily or weekly,but when they do come I encounter them several nights in the one week and then perhaps nothing for months. They last what it feels like ten to 15 minutes at a time!!! I am always trying to shout and I can't but I'm awake if you get me???
When I can move again I always get a frightened feeling of something bad.
My little boy sleeps beside me at night,he's 2,,,he always calls my name and that's what takes me out of it!! He must hear me struggling to shout out perhaps??

The next time it happens take long deep hard breath through your nose. I know it works for other people when they want to break it. I recommend reading Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics if you would like to learn more about out of body experiences and astral projection. Click on the link to below to read it for free. https://www.dmt-nexus.me/doc/Astral%20Dynamics.pdf
Old 06-02-2013, 10:22 PM
silverfall

Thanks for the link....Will certainly look into this,as long as I know it's nothing to fear,right?
Old 06-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfall
Please please advise as its quite freaky to me :)

Sleep paralysis can be more than one thing to be honest. Some people experience sleep paralysis before or after a projection, and some do not. Personally I have never experienced sleep paralysis before or after a conscious projection, but I have experienced in during a conscious projection. Something I have noticed personally for me is that when I experience sleep paralysis it is not my physical body that is paralyzed, it is one of my subtle bodies. Meaning that it could be either something biological or spiritual, because it is not happening to our physical body. At least that is how it is for me.

Typically people are scared during sleep paralysis because it is just Human nature to be scared when you're unable to partake in your natural fight or flight response to something you fear. We Humans either want to fight or run, and not being able to do either is typically what causes so much fear and terror in the victim of the paralysis. Once you get over the fear it changes from being scary and terrifying into just being annoying, even later on it can be something interesting that you can play around with since you are not in your physical body and you are in one of your subtle bodies.

Now brings us to the discussion of is sleep paralysis something that happens naturally, or supernaturally. In my personal opinion I would have to say both. In some cases it just happens to a person naturally because perhaps something goes wrong transitioning from their physical body into their subtle, or vica versa. But without a doubt I can say that in some cases there is more at work than just our natural shifts and transitions. I dealt with spirits for years before even realizing what was going on. With out a doubt some spirits possess the capability of paralyzing us. I have experienced this while my physical body was asleep and I was conscious in my subtle body laying in my bed, I have experienced this randomly while in a non lucid dream.

Out of nowhere I got that feeling of dread that churns your stomach, I wouldn't call it fear because I am not scared. It's almost like a physical reaction instead of an emotional one and I was paralyzed in the middle of a dream. Then I have experienced it in a lucid dream, and a conscious projection achieved through meditation. In all of the latter examples it happened when a spirit/entity was in close proximity to me prior to the event happening. So there is definitely the possibility of a spirit/entity causing paralysis in us. It's nothing to fear though honestly, the only reason they would do it is either to scare us, or to prevent us from projecting/lucid dreaming in the planes. Spirits are much more protective of their home the astral planes than most people are aware of. If you admit in some zones that you are from Earth spirits will literally start screaming bloody murder. Not sure why but a lot of zones aren't friendly to spirits who live in Human vessels on Earth at the moment.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator
Ha! We're scared of them but it sounds as if they are more scared of us!
Like you said once before, Humans can have a tendency to trample blindly, causing disharmony and disruption, even when they set out with good intentions. We can be so blind to other realities, other evolutions and their needs.
I am not excluding myself from this either. I'm reminded of a time, long time ago, when I went out happy and singing one morning, (nice high vibrations!) and found some good mushrooms growing in a small area of field. I went there and picked every single one! I did the same with the (smaller amount) which struggled to establish themselves the following year....the third year there were none. And they never grew there again since. I learned a valuable lesson of respect and understanding. But at what a cost to the environment.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Ha! We're scared of them but it sounds as if they are more scared of us!
Like you said once before, Humans can have a tendency to trample blindly, causing disharmony and disruption, even when they set out with good intentions. We can be so blind to other realities, other evolutions and their needs.
I am not excluding myself from this either. I'm reminded of a time, long time ago, when I went out happy and singing one morning, (nice high vibrations!) and found some good mushrooms growing in a small area of field. I went there and picked every single one! I did the same with the (smaller amount) which struggled to establish themselves the following year....the third year there were none. And they never grew there again since. I learned a valuable lesson of respect and understanding. But at what a cost to the environment.

Yup exactly Tobi, your analogy is a wonderful example. You picked the mushrooms and then afterwards you returned back to your normal life and your home unhindered by your actions. But the mushrooms were unable to do that because you removed them from their homes. I imagine this is similar in the case of spirits going out of their way to keep us out of the astral. When we project we always return back to our physical body and any damage/harm we caused the planes or a spirit typically will not have any effect on us what so ever. But the spirits/planes we affected don't have that luxury, because the astral is their home. Prior to your astral adventures I suggest everyones takes some quiet time and imagines how you would feel if a spirit decided to visit your home then carelessly destroyed your prized possessions, wrecked your home, and then left. How would you feel? You would be on these forums asking other people about how you can keep spirits out of your home in the future and you would likely smudge your house. Well smudging doesn't keep us out of the astral and so spirits will scare us, paralyze us, hold us down, and any other thing they can think of that will prevent us from continuing our astral projections/lucid dreams.

Most people get into astral projection for pure and honest reasons, only a few people get into it for the wrong reasons such as spying on a girl they like in the shower and things of that nature. But even those people who want to project for pure and honest reasons typically are only thinking about their own selfish gains, benefits, and experiences and not about who those might affect in the process of them taking place. So I just suggest if a spirit attacks you be kind to them and you might learn something. And always have a higher level of respect for the astral and it's inhabitants than the level of your own personal desires.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:21 AM
Guide
Quote:

It's a precursor.

Quote:

Lol, I know. it's not comfortable and even people that go through it many times still do not get comfortable with it but if you just ignore it and focus on projecting then you'll learn to not even care.

Quote:

I know it's freaky but it's only biological. When we go to sleep our brain sends a signal to our body to chemically paralyze us, to "turn it off," so we won't act out our dreams.

During the sleep process the brain shifts through different states. Sometimes when we are still aware, and the subconscious hasn't fully taken over so we can dream, we will then be aware of this paralysis process.

It's nothing to be afraid of and you should not fight it. Fighting it keeps you awake and triggers adrenaline responses in the body to wake us back up. It's a survival mechanism to be afraid of the paralysis and that is hard to control.

Sometimes during this stage people hallucinate different things. Once you wake up you will feel normal. If you manage to project instead you will also feel fine as the astral you gets used to it's new environment.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:11 PM
mom

I've only had this happen one time...and during it (mentally) i had someone appear to me to give me a meassage. I was terrified, but was a much needed message for me at that time. It helped me. But i totally get the feeling of it being terrifying! I too had my daughter right beside me sleeping, which i think made me moreso, worrying if she was safe.