Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Closed Thread

Old 29-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
If one is truly on the Path then right diet goes hand in hand with right conduct.
You could argue that there is no hard and fast rule as such, but there is, which is to live as harmlessly as possible (as well as rendering as much Service as possible.)
And who made this rule, did you ?, there's no god so he didn't, it always comes back to you personally, and that is all it really is, just leave it at that.
Old 29-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Master
Quote:
1) If enlightened people did not shine their light to light the way for others we'd still be in a state of savagery.

2) No he didn't. That was another of the Church's fabrications. Jesus was a vegan.
I have experienced this so called Enlightenment, in this experience I realized that we are all ONE, the animals and all, we are not the mind body organism, so no one is killed, no animal has in truth died, this is Enlightenment.
Old 29-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
That's your belief, and I appreciate that, but lets not shove that onto everyone else, there are many people who eat meant and are probably more spiritual than those who don't eat meat, who is judging, a god ?, I don't think so, you are your own judge, if you feel guilty eating meat, then don't.

I don't see any 'shoving'. You entered this thread of your own choice and made a contrary view, and this is a debating forum after all, of course people are going to come back at you.

Both things go hand in hand. It's all part of the spiritual path. As you grow and evolve you see things differently, understand things more, and the love and compassion within blossoms. When you come to recognise the unity of all life and that animals have feelings, emotions, love of life and right to life, as you do, then effectively the choice is made for you.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 29-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Master

Quote:
And who made this rule, did you ?, there's no god so he didn't, it always comes back to you personally, and that is all it really is, just leave it at that.

God is love and love is of God. The spiritual path is a path of love, if the aspirant doesn't get that, they won't be travelling very far.

Old 29-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Master

Quote:
I have experienced this so called Enlightenment, in this experience I realized that we are all ONE, the animals and all, we are not the mind body organism, so no one is killed, no animal has in truth died, this is Enlightenment.

There is Enlightenment in theory and there is Enlightenment in practice. Two very different things.

Old 29-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Master
Quote:
God is love and love is of God. The spiritual path is a path of love, if the aspirant doesn't get that, they won't be travelling very far.
That maybe so, but it has nothing to do with being a vegan, you can love an animal, and thank it for the food it supplied for you, you are speaking from anger, anger towards those who eat meat, do you see, the vegan diet hasn't worked for you.
Old 29-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Master
Quote:
I don't see any 'shoving'. You entered this thread of your own choice and made a contrary view, and this is a debating forum after all, of course people are going to come back at you.

Both things go hand in hand. It's all part of the spiritual path. As you grow and evolve you see things differently, understand things more, and the love and compassion within blossoms. When you come to recognise the unity of all life and that animals have feelings, emotions, love of life and right to life, as you do, then effectively the choice is made for you.
Gee I welcome come back, I can see your way of thinking, and like I said, that's great if you are happy with what you do, I am only saying, don't shove that onto others, and judging them for eating meat, as if you are more holier than thou.
Old 29-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Master
Quote:
There is Enlightenment in theory and there is Enlightenment in practice. Two very different things.
That is true, but do you know or have you been Enlightened, where is this statement coming from?.
Old 29-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Master
Division is all I hear.....and base on beliefs.
When will we ever learn..........hey that would be a good song!
Old 29-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Master

Quote:
That maybe so, but it has nothing to do with being a vegan, you can love an animal, and thank it for the food it supplied for you, you are speaking from anger, anger towards those who eat meat, do you see, the vegan diet hasn't worked for you.

I am "speaking from anger"? You are qualified to say from what angle/emotion I am speaking? I don't think so.

Are you really suggesting you can slit an animal's throat or blast its brains out and then feast on its flesh and do so as an act of love? The only act of love would have been not to kill it in the first place.

Because something is bigger and stronger and has the mental capacity to be more devious and cunning if so misdirected, that gives it a right to subjugate and destroy anything else that it pleases? This is the sum of your argument it seems to me.

Man wasn't created to hurt and kill.

Following a vegan diet will not in itself advance the soul (though one could argue that eating the flesh of another ensouled being, albeit smaller and weaker than you, is an act of defilement upon your soul, but that's for another thread) though if it is done through compassion that will assist its progress.
It's value comes into play when combined with the other elements of an enlightened /spiritual lifestyle.

Closed Thread