Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-08-2011, 05:38 AM
Kamal

Is it bad luck to cut a mala (bead necklace)

I had a mala but I wanted to change it to make it tighter. It didn't work so I just put the beads in a bag. (I cut the mala in half)
Ever since then I've noticed a streak of bad luck. Are cutting those necklaces bad luck because they're spiritual items or is it just in my head?
Old 28-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco
I had a mala but I wanted to change it to make it tighter. It didn't work so I just put the beads in a bag. (I cut the mala in half)
Ever since then I've noticed a streak of bad luck. Are cutting those necklaces bad luck because they're spiritual items or is it just in my head?

Just in your head. Your state of mind helps create the universe you perceive. If you choose to perceive it as bad luck, then subconsciously you'll make yourself prone to accidents which you interpret as bad luck. If you simply view it as a broken necklace, then you an grieve the loss of something you cherished and move on.
Old 28-08-2011, 07:20 AM
glenos

Just in your head. Seriously.., think about it. It's like breaking a mirror and getting seven years of bad luck. Utter nonsense.

G
Old 28-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Ascender
Energy follows thought... change your way of thinking and see the changes :O)

A Peaceful Mind

Lao tzu - Tao Te Ching
Old 28-08-2011, 04:16 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
Just in your head. Your state of mind helps create the universe you perceive. If you choose to perceive it as bad luck, then subconsciously you'll make yourself prone to accidents which you interpret as bad luck. If you simply view it as a broken necklace, then you an grieve the loss of something you cherished and move on.
What he said.
Old 28-08-2011, 05:53 PM
diego724

Get some strong string or fishing line and retie the beads together. If any are missing, they can usually be replaced, so you still don't have to buy a new mala. My spouse makes them. She gets supplies at local bead (craft) stores. Before they are made, they are parts. After the string breaks, back to the parts. While together, they are still parts, functioning to make a collective whole. Luck is not included, at least not in my spouses' malas.