Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-12-2017, 12:06 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
In as much as I understand it, being 'positive' or 'negative' stems from a force of habit, usually deeply conditioned and ingrained by past experiences, which serve to keep us within a specified neuroplasticity.

I 'used to be' a negative person, until I found out that what was making me 'negative' was the attempt to exert some kind of control over situations far beyond my sphere of influence. This kept me firmly rooted within the rut of expecting bad things to happen, so they did...it became a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'm not a 'positive person' now, but I'm not negative either - I just take things as they come.
Positive and negative are simply definitions New Age Spirituality has adopted, but really they are simply polarisations of the same thing. You have an experience and whether it's positive or negative is up to you, but usually negative means you didn't like it very much. Then again, who particularly likes lessons or what can can grow Spiritually from? Habits are just habits, whether they're positive or negative is your choice of definition and nothing more. If you are using the words then there's some self-awareness waiting for you. Positivity is a myth, if you feel as though Life sucks then in your reality it sucks, trying to stay positive only creates cognitive dissonance, which is waves of interference patterns in your mind. While you feel like it sucks you're telling yourself it's not supposed to suck nut it does anyway, and that's another layer of suckiness.

Situations don't happen to you they happen because of you and that's a subtle yet profound realisation. The control isn't always in whether the situation happens or not, being honest most of the situations we are in to learn from we'd avoid anyway. The control is in self control, in not becoming caught up and gaining something from it. If all that you learn is that it was positive or negative????

Neuroplasticity is where the brain creates new pathways, either to break or create habits or if the brain has been damaged in some way. My wife suffered a stroke and parts of her brain have died because of the lack of blood, but we used neuroplasticity on her to create new pathways and coping mechanisms using the undamaged parts of the brain.
Old 25-12-2017, 09:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Don't get me wrong, I'm not placing this here to throw a pathetic pity party. I think most of you know me as ''that negative guy'' so I thought I needed to clarify something on that part. Yes, I have a negative attitude to life in general, because things just don't work out for me and my whole future life is getting blown to hell. I try my best to elevate my way of thinking to what one would call a positive stage, where I think everything will just somehow automatically sort itself up like in a fairytale. But time after time when I managed to gather a glimmer of hope and positivity, I end up losing it and having to start all over again and then it becomes even harder to be positive. To me this is like a hellish torment. This battle lasts forever and probably won't end anytime soon, so everyone; please excuse me the negativity. To most of you ''advanced'' souls, being positive is as easy as taking a candy from a baby, but to me it is about as difficult as driving a car without a steering wheel.
i so know what you mean. It is tough keeping positive honestly i think impossible. I am far from a "advanced soul". After all were only human. Most people fear the unknown or the "dark side". So they put on this perfect face and smile. Some can pull it off others can't. But when that negative tries to get to you, you just have to be strong take a min get your thoughts together and tell the world "you're not getting me today. Hope that helped a little. Maybe i should of read all the post before i posted my response. You might not be looking for advice but maybe someone reading all the responses is. At times others responses is..., well hard for me to understand and i feel like an idiot. But what i do understand and get out of the other people's responses far out weights what I don't understand. Maybe there's others out there that are simple minded and we can help out or maybe even help us.
Old 25-12-2017, 10:14 AM
Guide
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not placing this here to throw a pathetic pity party. I think most of you know me as ''that negative guy'' so I thought I needed to clarify something on that part. Yes, I have a negative attitude to life in general, because things just don't work out for me and my whole future life is getting blown to hell. I try my best to elevate my way of thinking to what one would call a positive stage, where I think everything will just somehow automatically sort itself up like in a fairytale. But time after time when I managed to gather a glimmer of hope and positivity, I end up losing it and having to start all over again and then it becomes even harder to be positive. To me this is like a hellish torment. This battle lasts forever and probably won't end anytime soon, so everyone; please excuse me the negativity. To most of you ''advanced'' souls, being positive is as easy as taking a candy from a baby, but to me it is about as difficult as driving a car without a steering wheel.

Lol i like you Slayer, embrace the darkness. I sense your personality in your posts whereas most others its hard to discern who they are, maybe because i know people like you
Old 25-12-2017, 02:02 PM
Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQATersCI9Y

You may find this very useful. It's long but I find it incredibly helpful in understanding where I am.
Old 25-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Master
I feel you, Slayer. You’re not alone.

Spent three years in my own personal hell before clawing my way through and coming to terms with some painful truths and making some hard choices.

Things don’t always go the way we envision but rest assured eventually it all passes. :)
Old 25-12-2017, 10:47 PM
Master
Quote:

SlayerofLight,

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9&postcount=47

Now here's a dude who positively knows what he's about !

I'm thinking that the "LOL" (Lots of laughs / Lots of Love) part of your response will show you an equally positive way forward, 'cause you expressed it, unbidden...from a positive heart rarely unhidden.

Just as your heart positively showed here, as well: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...83&postcount=7

Again, here's a dude who knows what he's about....

Wanna know what's really screwed up about having hopes for a better future? "There's no "future" in it"!

...there is only now. (smile)

BTW: Hope you enjoyed the PM I sent to you from another thread....
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 25-12-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Old 27-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Deactivated Account

Hello I'm Julia and I sometimes get clairvoyant images around people, I wouldn't underestimate your own strength you're dragging a huge concrete block behind you which is chained to your shoulders and great strength is evident. I'm not being shown what your problems are or anything else intrusive simply that you are cracking this as next take you're sitting on the block chains are released, sun is in the sky and you're eating an ice-cream.

There's imagery of 3 peacock feathers indicating great pride around this feat and this is from someone coming in around you with protection and shed load of love so know that you are supported and watched over, it's a male energy feels like a grandfather connection but I could be wrong not well tuned in.

I think some people are tested more than others and oftentimes we don't understand the reasons why at the time, suffice to say your colours are being tested and you will be rewarded accordingly, draw on your spiritual strength and trust that everything is for a reason.
Old 27-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Master
Quote:

All it takes is a shift in your current view of yourself. Like changing the channel on the TV remote, you know?

Then you can affirm this if you want and change that part of your mind that believes all this your saying as the potential of truth in yourself.

"As of this moment I am letting go of myself in this way I see myself, I am from now on going to check into myself when I throw my own pity party and actually decide to be different, because I want to be"

But then do you want to be?
There is the most important quest and question..

(you could change your name as a first step. Instead of Slayeroflight. You could become -Santa'sSlaybells..haha..Christmas cheer can help lift your spirits, but I don't buy into that stuff unless of course I am already up beat and dancing happily or open to actually allow myself to shift and feel it. So you know you got to do the work on yourself to find that inner jumping for joy person, but as I see it, changing the attire helps to shift your energy in the direction you (MIGHT?) like to go.)

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 28-12-2017, 01:17 PM
boshy b. good

Are you healthy - getting in shape, and as of clubbing
a hitbag, eating alike a soldier veteran, yup. Yup. Yup.

God : There he goes assisting again.
Old 28-12-2017, 05:00 PM
Master

The ego or agitated mind focusses on the negative, while Awareness focusses on the positive in each situation easily.

Meditation or practice of mindfulness can help one to be established in equanimous awareness, which will then enable you to consciously choose your attitude to be positive in all situations or circumstances.

Lack of awareness or unconsciousness will stimulate a kneejerk negative reaction to even trivial stuff or issues.

As Stephen Covey stated, " Quality of life depends on what happens in the space between stimulus and response."

Awareness generates a response, while the ego generates a negative reaction.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon