Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 19-02-2013, 03:31 AM
BabeRuthless

Unhappy I need help with AP

I have been attempting to astral project for about 3 months now and I know this is a process that can take years, but I have a few problems with it:
1) My body starts to twitch every time I feel like I'm almost "there" which wakes it up
2) I have to swollow
3) Sometimes I hear this buzzing noise... is that supposed to happen?

Last time I did it I thought I had moved my astral hand, but instead it was my real hand thinking it was coming out.

WHAT :(

So confused.
I know I can do this, why doesn't it work??
Old 19-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Master

Sounds like you are doing well and you just have to keep practicing and persevere with it.

1) My body starts to twitch every time I feel like I'm almost "there" which wakes it up

Keep practicing and try to ignore the twitching. Try not to pay any attention to the twitching. Ignore it as much as you can. As you know the twitching is making you wake up.

2) I have to swollow

I have that problem. You have to try to forget about swallowing. The more you think about it, the more you want to swallow.

It sounds like an ap symptom which means you are very close to ap. It would be a good idea to read up about ap so you will be aware of all the different symptoms that can happen. We do not always get ap symptoms or it can be very light and you can easily miss it.
Old 19-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Knower
If your body twitches, it make mean your not in a comfortable position. Switch to a more comfortable position and you will fall asleep faster.

Try to breath through your nose if you can. If you cannot, just open your mouth very slightly and breathe through it and it should decrease the chance of saliva building up.

Buzzing noises means you could be just about to leave your body. You may hear all sorts of other noises as well. Try to ignore them and keep focusing on floating upwards and you will be successful.

If you think you have done it, don't try moving physically but moving with your mind.

If you need more help just ask and good luck :)
Old 19-02-2013, 05:32 PM
BabeRuthless

Thanks you guys, okay, hopefully it should happen pretty soon then!
Old 19-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabeRuthless

I have to disagree with Zyther on this one. People will often have twitch/jerking movements in meditation and I have never read or experienced it happening because of not being comfortable enough. This just randomly happens to some people at a certain stage of their meditation program, usually closer to their beginning in their program in a whole. Not beginning that session of meditation but closer to the beginning of them just meditating in general. It will come and go with time I too experienced it and it was quite annoying. I have read it has something to do with clogged and blocked energy pathways and the meditation is causing them to become unclogged which is causing you to have twitches and jerks.

Quote:
2) I have to swollow

I have experienced this as well as suzy suggested just try to not think about it. We swallow thousands of times a day and don't realize or think about it, but then as soon as we think about it we have to swallow manually instead of automatically. You will reach a state of relaxation where you forget about swallowing but then when you reach a conscious trance state if you think about swallowing it might distract you and make you have to swallow, voluntary movements will usually break your concentration and level of relaxation.

Quote:

Lastly this is completely normal. Just ignore it as well it's nothing to worry about. It could be some random astral hearing or could be a symptom of being close to projecting. Eitherway you have to just ignore it and move on, getting caught up on any event or idea will just distract you.
Old 19-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Knower
What I mean is like if you're not comfortable mentally, then you're more likely to twitch. Or it could be the hypnic jerk as you start to fall asleep because they're sleep deprived, stressed or anything.