Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 03-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Master
spirituality as complicated and diverse as religion.

THIS is what I notice when I come here. It was promted by an observation by another member - who subsequently deleted their post - but which pricked my alertness.

We come here to this forum feeling that there is a common spiritual truth. A spiritual truth above and beyond the differences of religions.

However, many of us seem to find that the world of spirituality is as diverse and problematical as the world of religion.

Here at this forum we have members who *see* spirituality very differently from each other. We all seem to have our own interpretation of truth.

I know there is some common ground between us, but the differentiation is observable too.

Religions argue and disagree over their differences. What about spirituality? I find most people here very accepting of other peoples spiritual understanding. But it is noticeable that there are many differences in how we, the spiritual masses, *SEE* truth.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:45 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
THIS is what I notice when I come here. It was promted by an observation by another member - who subsequently deleted their post - but which pricked my alertness.

We come here to this forum feeling that there is a common spiritual truth. A spiritual truth above and beyond the differences of religions.

However, many of us seem to find that the world of spirituality is as diverse and problematical as the world of religion.

Here at this forum we have members who *see* spirituality very differently from each other. We all seem to have our own interpretation of truth.

I know there is some common ground between us, but the differentiation is observable too.

Religions argue and disagree over their differences. What about spirituality? I find most people here very accepting of other peoples spiritual understanding. But it is noticeable that there are many differences in how we, the spiritual masses, *SEE* truth.

There is nothing complicated about spirituality. People are peacefully sharing their experiences. That's all.

3dnow
Old 03-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Greenslade

I don't believe Spirituality and religion are so far apart after all. Both Spirituality and religion have one common denominator that makes all the difference - people. What I believe should be happening is that people should be looking at the similarities first to find some common ground. Then they should look at the differences and instead of believing those differences are good or bad, try to see things from the other's perspective. No, we can't see through another's eyes but we can make the effort to understand. Questions and challenges to beliefs shouldn't be seen as an attack but as a way to understanding. If that understanding doesn't happen, then we should at least Honour each other's perspective and realise that if there was only one single perspective there wouldn't be any need for all of us to be here. Can I go home now?

Actually, I don't believe Spirituality is complicated. What makes it complicated is people trying to understand Spirit but thinking like a human. A friend of mine once told me that she uses two heads. When the human head doesn't work any more she puts on her Spiritual head and things make sense. "If you want to understand Spirit you have to think like Spirit." Spirit doesn't think per se, but you get the idea. Everything you see in front of you is a mask, and when you look behind the mask things make more sense. If you never bother to look behind the mask then it's all you will see.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:51 AM
mac

What Greenslade says largely goes for me too....

If only folks would consider this (copied from Greenslade's posting) more seriously, though...

quote: "Questions and challenges to beliefs shouldn't be seen as an attack but as a way to understanding."

Sometimes I despair at how many contributors see challenge to,
or simply an alternative view of, their points as disrespect - even to the extent of making complaints to moderators, presumably as an attempt to silence the member.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
There is nothing complicated about spirituality. People are peacefully sharing their experiences. That's all.

3dnow

Do you really mean that? It seems a lot more fracticious to me. There are arguments and disagreements and dynamics going on all over the place here.

Many people can't stand the conflict or challenge and fade away....

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:08 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Do you really mean that? It seems a lot more fracticious to me. There are arguments and disagreements and dynamics going on all over the place here.

Many people can't stand the conflict or challenge and fade away....

I don't see any major problem personally.

3dnow
Old 03-12-2010, 11:32 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
I don't see any major problem personally.

3dnow

A "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" situation, perhaps?
Old 03-12-2010, 11:38 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
A "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" situation, perhaps?

Exactly.

3dnow
Old 03-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Time

Once again, i bring up the point of looking past the differences ( no matter how similar things seem there is never an exact duplicate, even twins have slightly diferent persinalities), and paying attention to the similarities.

Most people fear change, whether thats in habits, life in general, a paragidm shift, or something that chllenges their belifs. What ever happened celebrating when we are proven wrong? ITs an elevating event that raises us intellectualy higher then we were before.......

All species have a collective concsiousness, which makes then in a sence , one being. But we are also induvidual. I think this contradiction is some of the trouble when we talk about spirituality or religion ( the same thing, us opposite ends of the same pole). No one can fuly agree of religion, one priest will hae a different interpritation of the same material then another. Why do you think theres hundrets of sects of the Catholic church?

To truley answer the questions were faced today we need to not think how our own belifs or religion is right, we should be thinking on how they are the same, and how we can teach eachother and learn and expand our experiences...
Old 03-12-2010, 02:14 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Once again, i bring up the point of looking past the differences ( no matter how similar things seem there is ne........n belifs or religion is right, we should be thinking on how they are the same, and how we can teach eachother and learn and expand our experiences...

quote: "Once again, i bring up the point of looking past the differences....."

Once again? I must have missed your earlier one(s) somewhere....