Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 30-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina
In my opinion, there isn't really such a thing as the mainstream concept of a twin-flame. How can you define something that is so undefinable? good point... we are just trying to make sense out of a huge feeling of overwhelm and love.. love and connection as we have not felt before... Do you truly know this feeling?? Your writing is making me wonder.

Oh I truly do, with many people that I know... It's unconditional and pure love. Love that is so overwhelming that I tend to vibrate with it, and usually discharge the excess into Gaia. (Sending her love)

I think us humans (And I am guilty too ) have a habit of labelling and putting things in boxes to help us define something. Get an idea of it, and hey! That's cool. Everybody needs a starting point.

I think the problem lies when we then start dismissing, dropping certain aspects all because it doesn't conform to the 'textbook' desc. of things, and this applies to most areas in life, not just spirituality!

At the end of the day soul connections is the only label that really stays. That's all that these things are, only ever what these things are. It points in every said direction, some connections are stronger... However, I don't think it's just with TF's or soulmates or our soul family.. WE<<< Are undefinable.

You cannot define infinite, label everything as it ever expanding, this is what we are too! This is what we ALL are, including our soul connections... so really. You cannot define it, you experience it and accept it for what it is, whatever that may be. As I think ( ) I stated before, love is a beautiful thing! Embrace it, enjoy it! It's what the driving force of this universe is primarily made up of.

I shall stop rambling now.. *Slinks off* :3

<3
Old 31-01-2013, 01:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altinak
I know I will probably get a lot of hate for this.. but I am just expressing my opinion here.

It seems to me a lot of people have jumped on this bandwagon of true love whilst in the mix losing the meaning of twin-flame and creating somewhat of a fantasy out of it.

The whole concept, box-ticking concept that a twin-flame has become seems to have destroyed many lifes. Mostly those absoutely desperate to find their beloved twin-flame.

In my opinion, there isn't really such a thing as the mainstream concept of a twin-flame. How can you define something that is so undefinable?

Yes the connection is wonderful, it is beautiful. However, just like soul-mates. They are not always destined to be that of true love and fairy tales, yet I constantly hear of stories of heartbreak.

Many people who meet their twin-flame become constantly obssesed with them, wanting to straight away meeting them. I just really want to say to you's chill out people. Live your life, love yourself, let you and your twin component come together if and when need be.

Let yourself be filled with this unconditional knowing that this other person is the same as you. If you place attachment and desire of loving them unto them and not yourself, then all you are setting yourself up for is heartache.

For me personally, I was told my guide at the time was my twin-flame. I forgot, I was more struck by the fact he was my 'spiritual husband.' To me this shows me, in many aspects that really we only truly only complete ourselfs. Wether that be our whole soul, duplicated.

I also recently found out who my twin-flame is. I knew this man before I even knew the twin-flame concept existed. He is also the same man I said I would marry the minute I see him in real life.

I know for me, I will meet him in about 20 years time, maybe just less. We will marry and we will have children. I am already forgetting he is my twin-flame. Because really that label doesn't matter.

Another thing to note, is that I am okay with waiting. I understand we both have many things to accomplish, get over and learn before we can love each other fully without expectation. All I expect of him at this time, is to grow and learn more and more about himself. Yet we still love each other dearly. We always have. Within two weeks of meeting each other, we declared our love constantly to each other.

I guess what I am trying to say people, is slow down. Stop expecting people to fit into a text-book box of what a twin flame should be. They are you, they are love. So what if you don't tick all the boxes. Don't let anybody define you or your twin. Accept your fate whatever it may be, because it is what you's both choose. Out of love, for each other.

Namaste <3

Altinak you are absolutaly right . I think that is what is happening to me, i feel as if i have to meet my soulmate or twinsoul right at this instant. i know that is not how it works. but I also have a tendancy to fantasize about certain people who i see as maybe my potential partner. I know thats not good either because it's just an illilusion of an projected image of what guy that i want wich is not fair because it's usally based on physical attraction only. I know that is shallow because that is not what having a soulmate & twinsoul relationship is about. I'm not sure who he is but i know i have to have one somewhere.
Old 31-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
Altinak you are absolutaly right . I think that is what is happening to me, i feel as if i have to meet my soulmate or twinsoul right at this instant. i know that is not how it works. but I also have a tendancy to fantasize about certain people who i see as maybe my potential partner. I know thats not good either because it's just an illilusion of an projected image of what guy that i want wich is not fair because it's usally based on physical attraction only. I know that is shallow because that is not what having a soulmate & twinsoul relationship is about. I'm not sure who he is but i know i have to have one somewhere.

Hey girlsearching

I think it is human nature to want companionship, and especially that one 'true love' thing. As for a soulmate, there's plenty kicking out there! You will find them when the time is right. On my journey I have realised that timing is always key in these things. All the people who I consider 'soulmates' especially the alternate me turned up at the perfect timing.

I think it's about being comfortable with waiting, and also accepting that there is a possibility that your twinsoul/twinflame is actually guiding you, or that your paths are not to cross in this life. This does not mean that you won't find someone to love. However, I think to accept that possibility will prevent yourself from hurting due to attachment to a certain thing.

In my experience, there was a period of time where I was constantly searching - and my days were consumed with constantly searching/channelling to find my David. After a while, I accepted that it will happen when it would happen. I was genuinly okay with this, a month later I got the information I was seeking. Sometimes when we place our focus on thing too much, we can actually push it away - and ignore all possbile signs that may have been given to us down other avenues.

I know you didn't ask for my advice, but I hope this help you in someway, and goodluck on your journey.
Old 31-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Firefly Dancer

Quote:
I think it's about being comfortable with waiting, and also accepting that there is a possibility that your twinsoul/twinflame is actually guiding you, or that your paths are not to cross in this life. This does not mean that you won't find someone to love. However, I think to accept that possibility will prevent yourself from hurting due to attachment to a certain thing.

Clapping hands for this comment !! I have thought also many times probably my TF ( if such concept exists ) is in spirit... I have strong guides and my main one seems to be a guy LOL but once again I cannot know for sure. I think attachment to a person, outcome etc is what hurts the most and in order to have a healthy life one has to let go of attachments, one has to embrace the idea that only the Divine knows better and just go with the flow, let the Divine guide you to your destiny.
Old 31-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly Dancer
Clapping hands for this comment !! I have thought also many times probably my TF ( if such concept exists ) is in spirit... I have strong guides and my main one seems to be a guy LOL but once again I cannot know for sure. I think attachment to a person, outcome etc is what hurts the most and in order to have a healthy life one has to let go of attachments, one has to embrace the idea that only the Divine knows better and just go with the flow, let the Divine guide you to your destiny.

Ask the guide if he is your 'TF'. That's what I did, I asked my guide David and he said yes, just turns out he was incarnated too... Although everytime I used to ask him if he was he would reply no.

But hey! You are right let the Divine guide you.

Old 31-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Hey girlsearching

I think it is human nature to want companionship, and especially that one 'true love' thing. As for a soulmate, there's plenty kicking out there! You will find them when the time is right. On my journey I have realised that timing is always key in these things. All the people who I consider 'soulmates' especially the alternate me turned up at the perfect timing.

In my experience, there was a period of time where I was constantly searching - and my days were consumed with constantly searching/channelling to find my David. After a while, I accepted that it will happen when it would happen. I was genuinly okay with this, a month later I got the information I was seeking. Sometimes when we place our focus on thing too much, we can actually push it away - and ignore all possbile signs that may have been given to us down other avenues.

I know you didn't ask for my advice, but I hope this help you in someway, and goodluck on your journey.

Altinak no need to apologize i appreciate all of the spiritual fourm members advice and i try to take heed of it. you are right i also have to do some soul searching and finding out who i am and what i love about my ownself as well. before i even begin to start loveing someone eles. I should just focus on getting my own self togeather and not worry about what my peers think of me rather it be neggitive or positve for that matter. no one should be deprived of loved everyone deserves someone to share thier worlds with. I still would like to belive that he is somewere out there for me.
Old 11-06-2022, 04:41 AM
Master
I personally pefer having a "soulmate" instead of having a "twinflame" I don't care for the term it has always felt
pretentious sounding. everyone seems to have their own meaning of it . some say TF's are rare and not everyone has one.
Old 11-06-2022, 05:02 AM
Master
This is a very old thread you’ve resurrected girl searching. I think labels are generally tied to the relationship you are moving through as yourself. The outside reflections often represent deeper healing and awareness and often when they are tied to something as being something more noted, it’s trying to make sense of it, more so for whatever reason you need.
Old 11-06-2022, 05:20 AM
Master

i wouldn't buy into TFs either if it hadn't happened to me long before I came here and heard the term, lol. At that point I was like, yeah, that...

But really a TF is just another soulmate. It can be really intense but other than that it is just another soulmate... not the nicest soulmate on the block either... I actually prefer one of the others but it is hard to tear myself away from this bad addiction I've got...
Old 11-06-2022, 11:00 AM
Master
I feel I'd be the Runner

The runner in the dynamic is the person who rejects the olive branch and friendship that the chaser is attempting to give them.

They run away and hide from the relationship and this is because they are scared of the intensity of the connection.*