Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-09-2017, 11:36 PM
Master
A weird experience about the universe

I experienced the sensation that the universe is not the linear thing we experience through our consciousness.

You know how movies are made out of a lot of pictures moving rapidly? I felt that the universe is like that, and our experience of an egoic self is an illusion created by the quick succession of the pictures. It seems real because it is like a cartoon caricature of the real thing, but it's never real (accurate) because it's changing so rapidly. By the time we get an idea of who we are, who we are has changed into something new. The only way to experience the true self it is to let go of the idea of who we are and to simply experience each new self as if it is the real self. Because at that moment in time it is, but in the next it's not. In the next moment that next self is the true self. As we experience new parts of the universe a new self appears. We experience both infinite variety, and a sense that we are stable and not changing. it's like we have the best of both worlds.

Maybe we experience a trillion pictures in one second. Maybe less. Anyways, it's like there is a new present self in each picture, a unique self. And the self that experiences all these singular selves is an illusion. When we let go of the idea of who is experiencing all these selves we can truly be with the present moment, and I believe that is where the bliss comes from. How can we know something that is constantly changing? We can't know it in our mind, we know it through some other form of intelligence, the intelligence of being maybe. Because it's not in the mind it cannot be conceptualized, only experienced. What if you experienced something that was beyond your mind, that was your deepest self, that was totally unique from one moment to the next, but also felt eternal, immortal, and unchanging? Would you be happy? Would you be entertained and also peaceful? I would.

That is to say that we can experience the singular selves, but only if we let go of the illusory self (the thing with memories) that experiences each of the selves. When we experience something strange our first reaction is to say "that's not me, this is the me that I know". Our discomfort with the novelty pushes us back into our ego, which longs for safety. The more we can detach our awareness from our identity the more we can experience the infinite self and all it's variations.

Which would be more true, the infinite amount of singular selves, or the one self that experiences all other selves?

They say the one needs the many. That they are not separate, God and conscious beings, that one requires the other. But what does that mean... I have no clue.. lol. Are each of our selves equally true? Do we require both to truly know our soul?

it seems like the God conundrum. Is God the only thing that is real? Or is each of Gods creations equally real, despite being manifestations of the real thing? Is each of our singular selves real, or the self that experiences the stream of different selves?

Also I have the sensation that I am infinite. Yet other people are infinite too. The only way I can know that I'm not all of infinity is because there are other beings. The only way to measure my infinity is in relation to others. Each infinity is beyond comprehension but because we are all equal we must all occupy the same amount of "space" within God (the universe). That's saying that the total infinity, the infinity that encompasses all of our singular beings infinities, is God. The truly infinite, the encompassing void that is beyond infinity. That's God. The singular infinities, that's us, conscious beings.

It's like string theory. One string goes across all universes and stretches to infinity. If I look in a certain direction I will only see myself into infinity. If I look in another direction, in fact if i look in any other direction, I will see infinite other selves. each singular being has this ability, the ability to see that their self is infinite, and they are surrounded by infinite beings who also have an infinite being. The universe (or should I say multi-verse) is composed of many strings. We have the illusion of a singular universe, but that is just because we are hanging out on the end of our strings. If we could truly see the depth of our self we would realize that we are not all there is despite being infinite, that there are other beings who are equally infinite. That includes rocks, plants, atoms, animals, other beings, aliens. etc. Every thing is a line in the grand picture. We are singular lines. God is the picture.

Also the sensation we experience, of being a singular line, is unique to life. Death is probably the same (not speaking as if I know death), and to go beyond death is to experience the picture (God). However I assume that's fairly boring, otherwise why would we enjoy a singular existence? If God is so great, why would we want to experience separation from God? For the journey back. An infinite journey. I am everything, I am a single thing. I am everything, I'm a single thing.

The experience of a single line is our ego. Our soul is what travels along the lines and enjoys experiencing the universe. That is why our soul appears to be our ego. If we could see beyond our current life we could see that we have lived before and we will live again (as long as we choose to). That it's only the ego that feels it is a single line, our soul knows it has existed before and will exist again, however to truly enjoy being a single line it must forget this. When we have enjoyed singularity enough to wish for something more then we can accept our immortal existence without fear. Pain is when we know we are not enjoying our singular existence anymore. When we have enough pain we search for the deepest meaning and that is knowledge of our immortal self.

I've also had the sensation that there is more than one of me. This universe is one of many and this self (speaking to you now) is one of many despite the illusion of being the only one.

Each universe is like a path through a forest. An infinite forest of choices. And each self (me) in each universe has taken a unique path. Multiple universes branch out from my present moment, each one separated by a choice I did or didn't make. That is to say that I can create universes through my choices, but there are rules to what I can create. I can't create a universe with magic and put myself there simply because I thought it. I can only create universes that branch out from my own through choices that are possible to make in the present moment. I can't simply wish magic into existence, so I cannot create a universe and step into it (simultaneously creating magic all around me).

Also, I think the word creating is wrong. I wouldn't be creating universes through my choices. I would be navigating through the infinite universes using my choices. To make a new choice doesn't create another universe, each choice is like a step forward, and by consciously choosing things I can choose where I go.

Last edited by shivatar : 26-09-2017 at 01:01 AM.
Old 25-09-2017, 11:39 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I experienced the sensation that the universe is not the linear thing we experience through our consciousness.

You know how movies are made out of a lot of pictures moving rapidly? I felt that the universe is like that, and our experience of an egoic self is an illusion created by the quick succession of the pictures.

Maybe we experience a trillion pictures in one second. Maybe less. Anyways, it's like there is a new present self in each picture, a unique self. And the self that experiences all these singular selves is an illusion.

That is to say that we can experience the singular selves, but only if we let go of the illusory self (the thing with memories) that experiences each of the selves.

Which would be more true, the infinite amount of singular selves, or the one self that experiences all other selves?

They say the one needs the many. That they are not separate, God and conscious beings, that one requires the other. But what does that mean... I have no clue.. lol. Are each of our selves equally true? Do we require both to truly know our soul?

it seems like the God conundrum. Is God the only thing that is real? Or is each of Gods creations equally real, despite being manifestations of the real thing? Is each of our singular selves real, or the self that experiences the stream of different selves?
Deep questions.

I suggest a guided meditation, guided by the question, "Tell me the nature of existence."

That should cover it.
Old 26-09-2017, 12:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
Deep questions.

I suggest a guided meditation, guided by the question, "Tell me the nature of existence."

That should cover it.

The nature of existence is "I am this, that is that", which eventually becomes "I am all of this, and I am none of this."

When we dream, we are the dream, but when we wake up, we are awake. Who knows which is more real.

The nature of existence is a journey from here, to there, to here. Life is there. Self and God is here. In fact that makes a nice play on words, Self and God is in the present moment too, it's "here", literally. lol

Well, that's my experience of existence. I'm just guessing.
Old 26-09-2017, 03:49 AM
Master
Quote:

You know how movies are made out of a lot of pictures moving rapidly? I felt that the universe is like that, and our experience of an egoic self is an illusion created by the quick succession of the pictures. It seems real because it is like a cartoon caricature of the real thing, but it's never real (accurate) because it's changing so rapidly. By the time we get an idea of who we are, who we are has changed into something new. The only way to experience the true self it is to let go of the idea of who we are and to simply experience each new self as if it is the real self. Because at that moment in time it is, but in the next it's not. In the next moment that next self is the true self. As we experience new parts of the universe a new self appears. We experience both infinite variety, and a sense that we are stable and not changing. it's like we have the best of both worlds.

Maybe we experience a trillion pictures in one second. Maybe less. Anyways, it's like there is a new present self in each picture, a unique self. And the self that experiences all these singular selves is an illusion. When we let go of the idea of who is experiencing all these selves we can truly be with the present moment, and I believe that is where the bliss comes from. How can we know something that is constantly changing? We can't know it in our mind, we know it through some other form of intelligence, the intelligence of being maybe. Because it's not in the mind it cannot be conceptualized, only experienced. What if you experienced something that was beyond your mind, that was your deepest self, that was totally unique from one moment to the next, but also felt eternal, immortal, and unchanging? Would you be happy? Would you be entertained and also peaceful? I would.

That is to say that we can experience the singular selves, but only if we let go of the illusory self (the thing with memories) that experiences each of the selves. When we experience something strange our first reaction is to say "that's not me, this is the me that I know". Our discomfort with the novelty pushes us back into our ego, which longs for safety. The more we can detach our awareness from our identity the more we can experience the infinite self and all it's variations.

Also I have the sensation that I am infinite. Yet other people are infinite too. The only way I can know that I'm not all of infinity is because there are other beings. The only way to measure my infinity is in relation to others. Each infinity is beyond comprehension but because we are all equal we must all occupy the same amount of "space" within God (the universe). That's saying that the total infinity, the infinity that encompasses all of our singular beings infinities, is God. The truly infinite, the encompassing void that is beyond infinity. That's God. The singular infinities, that's us, conscious beings.

It's like string theory. One string goes across all universes and stretches to infinity. If I look in a certain direction I will only see myself into infinity. If I look in another direction, in fact if i look in any other direction, I will see infinite other selves. each singular being has this ability, the ability to see that their self is infinite, and they are surrounded by infinite beings who also have an infinite being. The universe (or should I say multi-verse) is composed of many strings. We have the illusion of a singular universe, but that is just because we are hanging out on the end of our strings. If we could truly see the depth of our self we would realize that we are not all there is despite being infinite, that there are other beings who are equally infinite. That includes rocks, plants, atoms, animals, other beings, aliens. etc. Every thing is a line in the grand picture. We are singular lines. God is the picture.

Also the sensation we experience, of being a singular line, is unique to life. Death is probably the same (not speaking as if I know death), and to go beyond death is to experience the picture (God). However I assume that's fairly boring, otherwise why would we enjoy a singular existence? If God is so great, why would we want to experience separation from God? For the journey back. An infinite journey. I am everything, I am a single thing. I am everything, I'm a single thing.

The experience of a single line is our ego. Our soul is what travels along the lines and enjoys experiencing the universe. That is why our soul appears to be our ego. If we could see beyond our current life we could see that we have lived before and we will live again (as long as we choose to). That it's only the ego that feels it is a single line, our soul knows it has existed before and will exist again, however to truly enjoy being a single line it must forget this. When we have enjoyed singularity enough to wish for something more then we can accept our immortal existence without fear. Pain is when we know we are not enjoying our singular existence anymore. When we have enough pain we search for the deepest meaning and that is knowledge of our immortal self.

I've also had the sensation that there is more than one of me. This universe is one of many and this self (speaking to you now) is one of many despite the illusion of being the only one.

Each universe is like a path through a forest. An infinite forest of choices. And each self (me) in each universe has taken a unique path. Multiple universes branch out from my present moment, each one separated by a choice I did or didn't make. That is to say that I can create universes through my choices, but there are rules to what I can create. I can't create a universe with magic and put myself there simply because I thought it. I can only create universes that branch out from my own through choices that are possible to make in the present moment. I can't simply wish magic into existence, so I cannot create a universe and step into it (simultaneously creating magic all around me).

Also, I think the word creating is wrong. I wouldn't be creating universes through my choices. I would be navigating through the infinite universes using my choices. To make a new choice doesn't create another universe, each choice is like a step forward, and by consciously choosing things I can choose where I go.
Namaste.

I have also had this very same experience quite a few times now!

Sitting in meditation, just watching/observing all my thoughts as images on a screen in a picture theatre....not getting attached to this image/thought nor that...just watching them all just pass by...

Then, I notice how each thought is made up of hundreds/thousands of little 'sub-thoughts' like how a movie is made up of many consecutive frames...or a picture is made up of many smaller pixels, each contributing to that picture.

As I watch my thoughts pass by me in this way, I begin to notice them all slow right down, like how Neo does in The Matrix...and then, I notice that the thoughts do not blend/merge into each other as a constant flow like they seem to do; there's a tiny space between each thought...so I see that...I allow myself to dwell in those peaceful spaces, just letting the encroaching thoughts pass by, like speeding cars overtaking me on the freeway.

Then I am like "hang on, who is watching this thought-movie?" then it becomes "nah, forget that, who is watching the watcher of this thought movie?" then it's like, "scrap all that, who is watching the watcher of the watcher of the watcher of the watcher of the watcher of the watcher of the watcher of the watcher of the watcher of the watcher of the watcher of the watcher of the watcher....of this whole thought movie" then it's like "nah, let's go back into that space where I did NOT have any thoughts because it was much easier than worrying about all that". lol

After a while, anything that was ever known as 'Necro' totally vanishes into dust and I don't 'feel bliss' in as much as 'the bliss feels itself!"

It also happens when I fully prostrate myself at Lord Shiva's feet...I open my heart up and go "I love you, Shiva" and Shiva goes "yeah I know that, but show me" and I'm like "how can I show you?" and Shiva is like "surrender the love itself to me" and I'm like "how do I do that? I need your help to do that!" and Shiva goes "I AM helping you, but you're not letting me help you, are you?" and so I say "I don't know how to let you help me" and Shiva says "the love you feel does...the love knows it" and then the tears start...and then I am a bawling mess...and after a while, everything disappears...Shiva disappears, the room I am in disappears.....the outside world disappears...my body disappears...my mind disappears...there are no thoughts...no breath...and I am caught within the infinity that exists between two heartbeats.

There is no "I" and there is no "I AM" or "I am God" there is nothing but brilliant white light...there is nothing but the pure essence of love itself...of bliss/joy itself.

So yeah, I've experienced it 6-7 times in the past year and a half...I can't make it a 'lasting experience' because I always think to myself "how the hell does one even function in that state?" I read about people existing in this bliss all the time and I'd love to know how they do that, when whatever is known as the "I" is totally not there...no concept of 'self' remains whatsoever...so how do they do it?

Then I come on SF, knowing that I utterly SHOULD know better than to reply to over 90% of the posts/people that I do, but I do so anyway...knowing that I probably should go and meditate into that bliss-state more often, but I become like a total vegetable...even though it is a VERY nice vegetable...I ask Shiva if bathing in my own navel juices is all I am meant to be doing for the rest of this lifetime until I die? but as yet, I have received no reply.

Om Namah Shivay
Old 26-09-2017, 11:07 AM
Master
Quote:
The nature of existence is "I am this, that is that", which eventually becomes "I am all of this, and I am none of this."

When we dream, we are the dream, but when we wake up, we are awake. Who knows which is more real.

The nature of existence is a journey from here, to there, to here. Life is there. Self and God is here. In fact that makes a nice play on words, Self and God is in the present moment too, it's "here", literally. lol

Well, that's my experience of existence. I'm just guessing.

That's a fact, in fact that's that!
I am that and none of this
I insist!! Insist I may
I am all and all is am I
I don't know yet I know I don't
I suspect my I's suspect
Life is good and good to go
Play on words is words on play
Playful plays and words will sway
Back and forth and forth will back
To the fact in fact that's that!
..(My attempt at Dr Suess..lol )

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 26-09-2017, 07:12 PM
Knower
This copy-paste post seems like preaching to me. Use caution.
Old 26-09-2017, 09:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Creek77
Copy-paste? What are you relating too?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 26-09-2017, 11:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Could you kindly elaborate please as I don't understand you. Also, why should Shivatar use caution when we each have free-will?
Old 27-09-2017, 12:40 AM
Master
Quote:
If you are going to make the serious allegation that copyrighted material has been plagiarised, could you please provide a link to the source of that material for the staff's perusal? Thank you.

Also, that cautionary measure sounds like a threat...so, what is going to happen, you are not going to read any other posts made by the opening poster? why should that even matter to another person?

I'm sorry, but this whole scenario has become a recent personal bugbear of mine, when I could also rightly say;

Your reply sounds like preaching to me, but I don't give a damn.

For you see my dear, I find nothing wrong with preaching because it is up to others to decide if they want to stay and listen to the sermon or not, but the sermon will always be given, if only the trees and the stones remain witness to it.

/preaching sermon.
Old 27-09-2017, 01:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
If you are going to make the serious allegation that copyrighted material has been plagiarised, could you please provide a link to the source of that material for the staff's perusal? Thank you.

Also, that cautionary measure sounds like a threat...so, what is going to happen, you are not going to read any other posts made by the opening poster? why should that even matter to another person?

I'm sorry, but this whole scenario has become a recent personal bugbear of mine, when I could also rightly say;

Your reply sounds like preaching to me, but I don't give a damn.

For you see my dear, I find nothing wrong with preaching because it is up to others to decide if they want to stay and listen to the sermon or not, but the sermon will always be given, if only the trees and the stones remain witness to it.

/preaching sermon.

YOu asked for an explanation, why wouldn't you wait for it?