Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 12-06-2017, 07:39 PM
Guide

it must be fun coming here day after day to tell others they are just obsessed and dictating what someones connection actually is to them. Especially from people at THAT age.

Do you ever ask yourselves if doing these things to others is something divine will wants you to be doing? Guess youll find out huh.

To OP. Yes many do awaken and not everyone has one by just a tf. But that doesnt mean they are exempt from experiencing a love that compares to a tf OR better then one. This actually makes you more able to manifest this into your life by being awakened and evolving. Anyone who tries to make out a tf as something to be envied or "the best" above others and is "reserved" for only a select few people is not a tf themselves. I dont see a whole lot of love being shared or being unconditional on this forum by these so called "twin flames".
Old 12-06-2017, 08:34 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111beings

I am at a fairly high vibration (and I say that lightly), despite my addiction, as my addiction has lead me to meditate and connect with source almost all hours of the day. Addiction does deplete you, yes, but if you regularly are connecting back to source, your vibration remains there. I'm on the last legs of it anyway that I have no concern in this department, I know it was needed for my evolution. However, it should be noted this connection brought about my addiction. | for awhile I was under the impression he was the king archetype | if you don't know much about archetypes google it.

I am well aware addiction plays a role in not gaining reunion but that does not bug me currently. It's helping me grow and be a nature right now and I think that is what my subconscious mind needs, for the time being. I don't need my twin flame to be happy, however I do want my twin flame to be happy. I'm also aware that not seeking your purpose stops reunion as well and I know what I would like to do and obviously I'm stuck.

I am well aware that my current partner is very much stuck in the 3D, regardless of being a tf or not. I brought up the spiritual concern because I was not sure if tf's are so alike (in all ways? ) and in the sense that they should be able to openly talk about metaphysical concepts etc and not be, more or less, disinterested in expanding on the notion. Because after being introduced to this new world, I had enormous amounts of excitement through all the months of reading and channeling and knowledge, and he more or less, had nothing to say in return and retreated in almost envy.

I began to assume this was part of it, that I was leading us two into the light so to speak... but after all this time I'm starting to feel like I'm working on a battle alone.

We all have our likes and dislikes, I am not expecting him to like what I like. Rather I'm asking if it is unusual for a twin flame to not be inclined to metaphysical concept etc. Do they wake up to the idea eventually like I had? (Because prior to awakening, I never knew about any of this, however always had a love for science) -- him, not so much

I attach twin flame to him because I assumed you meet your twin and wake up, not just randomly evoke enlightened.

You don't need a twin flame to awake spiritually. Many people awake spiritually for many reasons most often proceeding a big change in their life that opens their eyes to the world around them.

Twin flames are not alike in all ways. Some are very similar, some are extremely different but no twin flames are alike in all ways. In most twin flame relationships, especially in the beginning one is more spiritually advanced/more awake than the other. Yes, one of the twin often feel like they are doing all the work because of this. I believe that one is not more awake than the other just that one twin is more open to letting the spiritual information/letting the awakening happen and one is more resistant to this change.

You are more open to this information and he is not, but it is there for him to access if he wants to, just as it is there for you to access. I believe when he retreats in envy it is because he hears you, he feels that path has opened for him, he feels it intrinsically that the awakening is there for him too and he wants to access it, but he is afraid. He stays in that I am not ready, not right now, maybe later mode. So, he draws back because he knows that he is not ready to follow where you are going, although he knows that place is more fulfilling than the place he is currently in. When twins meet it does not take them long to awaken. Whether he wants to admit to that awakening and embrace that awakening and the journey is another story.

Many believe that if one twin flame works at the awakening process and heals themeslves then it will help heal the other twin flame and awaken the other twin automatically. As long as one twin flame does the work, then it is ok. I believe in some of this because I believe that one always leads by example and then that it is where it stops for me. I believe in equal partnerships and that both twin flames have their own path in life and both must pull their weight to make the relationship work. People will heal when THEY decide to heal and awaken when THEY decide to awaken and not because one of the twin wills it. Regardless, I would work at continuing your spiritual path and talking to him about it, just don’t expect high fives from him. When he is ready to embrace his awakening and leave the fears behind; he will.

Your subconscious mind does not need this addiction and as you awaken more and become more spiritually aware you will see that it is just stopping you from experiencing your full awakening and healing. You are super smart, so I know that you know, that there is no positive excuse for staying in addiction. Twin flames do not need this to mature and experience the spiritual and awakening process. Just meeting your twin flame will take you on this journey. Continuing to be addicted and believing that you need it just tells you that you are as afraid of the spiritual and awakening process/journey as much as your twin is. I guess this is what you would call “mirroring” in the twin flame relationship. So, lead by example. Not only for him, but for yourself as well.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:52 PM
Lorelyen

..................................(oops, double)
Old 13-06-2017, 12:12 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
These in my opinion are all statements of either dysfunctional relationship and/or obsessiveness. This is projecting something on to him, including what you perceive to be his lack and failure -- my current partner is stuck; is not awake -- for the sole purpose of getting what you need and desire. There is no consideration for him in any of this. This is all about you, and what you hope to gain. You say you want him to be happy. Then stop putting all this on him.

Agreed. I said my piece the other day on this. Unless both participants believe the same credo it's selfish (in the bad sense) obsessive and pernicious. Expecting to control the emotions of another, expecting to own them is not any spirituality I know.

If they both believe and consent, that's fine.

(I just got back from a gig and this bloke started on about soul mate stuff in the bar afterwards. Seen him about before so he recognises me but doesn't know me from Eve. Pretty obvious what he was after but a bit daunting because I didn't want him following me out.)

Edit: I'm grateful of the fact we don't have twin flames in the UK. We do have the occasional stalker but otherwise people fall in love without this pseudo-religious belief system. Some stay together for the rest of their lives too!
Old 13-06-2017, 04:33 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I'm confused...
Old 13-06-2017, 04:38 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I am not expecting anything out of my twin, in any sense. I'm merely purposing the question. I already stated I am happy withOUT my twin in my life, and that I just wanted him to be happy. I think that is the most freeing thing I can say about the connection, I was just wondering in terms of thinking someone is my twin who isn't. Not in expecting or hoping for something he is not. I'm just making an observation, as one cannot intrinsically define what a twin is. We can make lists and notions, but the definition will always remain arbitrary until true experience.

+ I think I am being misunderstood
Old 13-06-2017, 08:27 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111beings
I am not expecting anything out of my twin, in any sense. I'm merely purposing the question. I already stated I am happy withOUT my twin in my life, and that I just wanted him to be happy. I think that is the most freeing thing I can say about the connection, I was just wondering in terms of thinking someone is my twin who isn't. Not in expecting or hoping for something he is not. I'm just making an observation, as one cannot intrinsically define what a twin is. We can make lists and notions, but the definition will always remain arbitrary until true experience.

+ I think I am being misunderstood

Honestly sounds great - if you'll allow me to say it, spirituality a healthy way to be. "It might, then again it might not." I too am someone as happy as I might be without one of these twin flames and I know plenty in long term relationships happy because over the years love and appreciation has cemented them together. Perhaps my parents are twin flames but I can't imagine them using the term. Likewise a few family friends. They'll never separate having long converted the "you and I" into an "us".

As you've gathered, twinflamism isn't my religion. I did research (of curiosity having had limited contact with Blavatsky's original writings) and surmised that if I found a hundred descriptions on the web they'd all differ in doctrinaire. It's perfectly possible for someone to find qualities of their relationship matching some of those web offerings and so assume the title "twin flame" applies.

But as I "lay me down to sleep" last night I reflected on my few years in sorcery. Using spells and paquets (a Vodou thing) to take control of another in a love/romance binding was considered dark work - the work of a bokor or houngan/mambo who "worked with both hands" (in common terms, light and dark). It was never as easy as just crying out "You're my twin flame!" the "chaser" had to do a little work.

Anyway, to cut it short only two shops allowed me to put a card on their boards advertising "sorcery" - as it's often associated with "evil". They didn't mind "love spells!" But binding the prey to the "chaser" was considered using supernatural energies for malign purposes. And I suppose I, like Baile, see parallels here.

So, yup, stay open-minded! Good luck in your musings!

Old 13-06-2017, 10:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInFire
it must be fun coming here day after day to tell others they are just obsessed and dictating...
Obsessively and dictatorially finding fault with others' replies to the OP while accusing them of being obsessive and dictatorial. The irony of your constant lashing out at those who don't share your views never fails to put this happy smile on my yellow face >

I offer tough love advice. No fluff. Yes, obsessive and dysfunctional relationship behavior needs to be identified for what it is. And hiding behind the oft-used "But they're my TF" excuse, to justify continuing the dysfunction, is dysfunction on top of dysfunction. The thing with me though: I don't care what your opinion is on the matter. You're free to post your advice to the OP and respond to her questions, just like I did. And I promise I won't sarcastically rip apart your comments in the way you do to others. Because you're not me. That's called being an individual and having one's own individual perspective. And respecting that in others: respecting their individuality and different perspectives.