Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Master
When I read this I smiled.

I feel the exact same way.

In a way I think that Scully and Moulder are metaphors for us all.

There is the right side of the brain - creative and limitless
Then there is the left side - analytical and scientific

They are both extremes in their own right... but once their ideas begin to align their path becomes a bit more of a combination of the two.

I always find that the middle road is the best place for me. I am open to any theory presented to me, but knowing a hoax when you see one is something that is hard to do when you are more "Moulder-minded". Allowing Scully to sneak in every once in a while and question things that you may blindly believe without proof can be helpful.

In contrast - being completely opposed to things that you cannot explain in the 3D and being more "Scully-minded" will yield only scientific results.

In the show, Scully came to terms with her Catholic faith, always wearing her cross, and Moulder brought this up a lot, "How is it you can believe in a God without proof but not UFO's etc"

I wonder if the writers intended on this?

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 26-05-2016, 03:55 AM
Master
If you look and study the characters and language closely, the roles become reversed.

To me, Dana Scully is the one who deep down really wants to believe and on some level really does, but her scientific, rational mind is always questioning every experience she has by reinforcing the fact to herself that 'she doesn't believe in it' to justify her own scepticism in the face of all experience to the contrary.

Fox Mulder is the sceptical one who is trying to prove to everybody else that 'the truth is out there' because he doesn't understand that 'the truth is in there'. He wants the whole world to believe in this stuff just so he can. He is looking for 'evidence'...but 'evidence' is just another word for 'proof'.

I can see myself in both characters too.
Old 26-05-2016, 04:04 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Oh c'mon! I was going to put a spoiler alert up but honestly didn't think I needed to lol.

Old 26-05-2016, 06:58 AM
Ascender
It's just that when we grow up we are told things that we have seen must of been part of our own imagination.
When we are older we except that so when things happen it's classed as paranormal when I think most of the paranormal stuff has happened for centuries.

I mean off world visitors have visited us for centuries too
I have sensed them around me same with ghosts .
I just need that evidence to convince my mind logic that this is really happening to me.

I'm not trying to disprove to anyone about this stuff it's my own mind needing that convincing bit of yes it is what it is closure .

Most of what I have experienced is metaphysical my mind can't agree with metaphysical and physical the differences between the two.

I'm fighting between the two how can I be deplomatic about this to myself ?i
Old 26-05-2016, 07:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngers1810
It's just that when we grow up we are told things that we have seen must of been part of our own imagination.
When we are older we except that so when things happen it's classed as paranormal when I think most of the paranormal stuff has happened for centuries.

I mean off world visitors have visited us for centuries too
I have sensed them around me same with ghosts .
I just need that evidence to convince my mind logic that this is really happening to me.

I'm not trying to disprove to anyone about this stuff it's my own mind needing that convincing bit of yes it is what it is closure .

Most of what I have experienced is metaphysical my mind can't agree with metaphysical and physical the differences between the two.

I'm fighting between the two how can I be deplomatic about this to myself ?i
How do you tell the difference between an 'off-world visitor' and a 'ghost'? I am having a very hard time trying to differentiate between the two. Thanks.
Old 26-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Newbie ;)

Duality

Duality is often what we run into in our daily lives. To do this, or do that. To be this, or be that. What is unknown can become the known, and so on.