Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
An ashtray is more useful than a vase
Yes, I am a utilitarian artist, same as I'm a practical spiritualist. But I don't smoke so really the ashtray was actually less useful than the vase.
Old 18-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I will say...yes, you can change karma...sorry, not trying to
be obnoxious...lemme explain a little now and in later posts.

First, we would have to change the dualistic thinking of adverse or good and bad.
Karma in itself is love. Just as a parent screaming, "Don't run in the street!";
the child does and has to stay in his room for an hour contemplating
his disobedience ....and the danger he was just in!

In good/bad thinking it seems 'bad'...there is a bigger picture we must look
at to agree on some basics...to be on some common ground.

It does depend on how you view Karma, and I have written a book on it, but that is my interpretation and also from what I have observed, encountered, and also from my 'studies' into people who have had karmic issues.

One needs to use the terms adverse and beneficial because people assume Karma is all bad, and it's not. By understanding one can rebalance Karma then people will stop being afraid, try and cover things up and face up to things to address any adversarial Karmic thoughts and actions. If you don't, people think well what's the point. Knowing that you have the power to rebalance is key to understanding the concept of Karma.
Old 18-05-2016, 03:41 PM
One classic example...one enormous example of instantly changing karma...
That is, if you believe it...I happen to...I have no reason not believe it.

Here, you have the criminal on the right side of Jesus.
Who knows the crimes he has done for how many years or even lifetimes!

BUT, ONE verbal act of trust and faith sincerely from his heart...and now
all is forgotten and forgiven and where will he be headed?
Straight to Paradise!

Bad example if you don't believe the story, of course!

Well, 'rebalancing' is change...so I'm ok.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Yes, I am a utilitarian artist, same as I'm a practical spiritualist. But I don't smoke so really the ashtray was actually less useful than the vase.

I was thinking more for keys, loose change and stuff. Vases are pretty useless as far as I am concerned. I do not find flowers in the home useful.
Old 18-05-2016, 03:44 PM
Master

Quote:
One classic example...one enormous example of instantly changing karma...
That is, if you believe it...I happen to...I have no reason not believe it.

Here, you have the criminal on the right side of Jesus.
Who knows the crimes he has done for how many years or even lifetimes!

BUT, ONE verbal act of trust and faith sincerely from his heart...and now
all is forgotten and forgiven and where will he be headed?
Straight to Paradise!

Bad example if you don't believe the story, of course!

Karma isn't instant, there are many other factors involved including intent. Karmic issues can last many incarnations, take it from an Ancient Soul.
Old 18-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
Karma isn't instant, there are many other factors involved including intent.
Karmic issues can last many incarnations, take it from an Ancient Soul.
Oh, well, my relationship with 'the Universe' has shown me
(now, understand this was when I was young and did stupid things!)
that within an hour I get my 'karma' handed to me.

Example, steal something...get the same type of item stolen from you ... mine has been instant...some 2 weeks...
I consider an hour to be instant.
Sorry, I do.

YES! I agree wholeheartedly....karma goes back lifetimes!!!!

This is why I started the thread ...because of the belief you are stuck with past actions from 500 lifetimes ago.
and that karma has so much power...

What has more power than karma?
Change of heart...lessons learned.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Master
Karma is mostly a Hindu, and yogi, concept, which was carried over into Buddhism. Similar concepts in western society are “you reap what you sow,” or “what goes around comes around.”

It is my understanding that karma is generated by thoughts, words, and actions in this life or previous lives. One way to avoid karma in this life is to quiet your thoughts, not judge or speak ill of anyone, and do lots of humble selfless service.

But there is no such thing as “good” karma or “bad” karma. The theory is that karma maintains the balance of the universe; it also deals with the reflective nature of the light when it creates matter. All matter is but a reflection generated by energy or light. I am of the belief that if you are alive here on Earth then you have some work to do on yourself.

An supposedly all of the work which we have to do on ourselves involves the karmic lessons which we need in order to consciously ascend to a higher and less coarse existence. Karma yoga is about doing selfless service to further your union with the divine.

The theory says that once we have completed all of our karma, or lessons, we can be liberated from the wheel of birth and death, and not need to reincarnate. I would first have to know my past karma from previous lives in order to try and change it. Which might be possible.

Sometime ago I went to a seminar on Transpersonal Psychology where past-life regression therapy was demonstrated. An a friend of mine was bought back under a trance to her mothers womb and then to a past life she had previously lived. It was fascinating to watch.
Old 18-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Great post, Starman!

All matter generated from light...can't hear that enough!

Old 18-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Ascender

Alright-- I will share my perspective on the subject; though this is from direct revelation I will be using terms I have best found to translate it into the human dimension of thought--

Karma, is any mechanistic idea of existence; That is, any perspective upheld in which the world defines your existence (a.k.a. Lessons); any philosophical thought or intellectual mode of understanding is karma-- However, while an individual can transcend personal karma, they enter into what is known as dharma; dharma is acting in accordance with Rta, and Rta can be seen as group karma-- The group (which is a part of your individuality) has its own set of karma or mechanistic function to play out (destiny/fate), so when you transcend personal karma, you understand Rta as the governing order which is group karma; and you can help people act in accordance to the governing order of the time (in terms of a more joyful harmony)--

-------

What exactly do I mean by this?

The best example I can come up with, is something like this-- You buy a computer, you learn how to use the computer; this is karma you are learning lessons-- But these lessons are on transient things, they are by no means permanent lessons-- So ten years later, you buy a new computer and while it is of the same nature, it is entirely different and must be learned again-- Suddenly you are surrounded by technology that you must learn each time something new comes out... But this pace accelerates, and suddenly every 6 months you are learning new lessons but of the same nature-- At some point, and a child would show signs of this more so than in general an adult, everything sort of clicks; there are no lessons, you instinctively know how to use technology even as it changes, evolves, and new things arrive--

In this sense, as the technology grows so rapid; that you no longer need to learn of the conditions in order to properly express yourself; you understand the order to such an extent that you can easily navigate unfamiliar orders to express yourself in terms of the current of order of technology--

This is in a sense, transcendence of karma into dharma; but one is still required to use the technology or order at hand to express one's self (one transcends the karma of lessons, but must adhere to the group karma/rta and so acts in dharma-- The next step, after group karma is played out and Rta becomes as free as the individual expression-- Following the example I have given, instead of using technology surrounding them to express themselves, the individual would instead see the technology as an expression of the self.. they would no longer be at the mercy of the group order, and the order around the individual would be an expression of the individual-- This is such an entirely different state of existence, that an intellectual mind would have an issue understanding how individuals would interact at such a level of integration-- But this would not be an immediate thing, group karma would be as gentle as individual karma in this sense--

That is all lessons are a misdirect; intellectualized ideas of how the world is, if not recognized as a transient situation, forces a person to think in certain terms, and thus governs their actions, and thus limits their expression or felt expression--

This is something like an incubation phase for the true self expression, you are in a nest of ideas and beliefs that keep you warm until you are ready to hatch-- So we are interacting in a medium that we thinks defines us, rather than it really being an expression of us; and this expression, shows that collectively we do not think that it is an expression of ourselves--
Old 18-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Master
You opened a can of worms Miss Hepburn.

I'll just speak to this:
Quote:
My purpose in this thread is to talk about the power we have to change some karmic lesson from some action we have done here or in a past life, thus, deflating the idea that we may be bound by some 'old'
karma....as if we are helpless, powerless victims of our past actions.
So maybe this Thread could be called, " Our power to change our karma!"

I know of only 2 ways.

The best way by far is to become enlightened then in an instant "poof!" all karmic seeds are burnt to ashes, meaning the patterns of the past when they emerge have no more power over me. They can come and go and I am sitting in my space of power, untouchable, invincible, and at peace.

The interim way is to live in the present moment and act with wisdom in everything I do, because the faster I learn the lessons of past karma that is manifesting now, the quicker it will resolve itself and leave me alone. Everything I do in the present moment creates my karma of the future. It is inertia that carries forth karma like a domino effect:

Karma is not a bad thing. Karma is a teacher, a great teacher. Cause and effect, cause and effect, cause and effect. That's how we learn. That's why we incarnate here.

I can't really change my karma (the Guru can soften its effects, if I have earned the blessings of Guru's protection, and I can always pray "Please it turn down a notch - I'm overwhelmed!"), but I can learn to flow with karma, to become this master of the karmic play of life. That's what builds spiritual muscle and endurance in the play.

Anyone who disbelieves in karma should study their vedic astrology chart in detail and will be astounded!