Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 13-09-2013, 07:50 AM
Lightcat

Random NDE story

I was very sick once, for about a year. I would later learn that I had lupus, and that I was in the midst of a very bad flare, which was being exacerbated to the extreme, by the amount of stress I had. I was stressed because I was sick, and sick because I was stressed. It became a very nasty loop. But at the time, I had no idea what was wrong with me. I was just in a lot of pain, had a hard time breathing, sometimes eating, often felt extremely weak, was losing hair, and got a lot of infections. It was very horrible!

Several months into this, I went to bed one day, feeling extremely weak. I closed my eyes, and for a while, it was like a normal going to sleep. But instead of my vision filling up with darkness, it only became much brighter, until my field of vision was white. I stopped feeling my body entirely- all the pain that was inside of me evaporated, which was odd for me, even in sleep. But not only that, I didn't feel any other sensations, either. I no longer had any ears, eyes, or skin, I was simply a consciousness. I was still completely aware. It was not at all like a dream.

There were no beings present, that I could see or feel, but, I knew that I was at the point between life and death. It wasn't a judgment, it was just a fact that entered my mind, as if someone else had put it there. It was like a pure exchange of knowledge from external to internal, without need for words or sounds or writing. I also knew that I could choose to escape the pain I was in, that this was a stopping point. I could choose this moment and pass on, if I really wanted it.

So, without the pain that had been present for so very long, and with a clear mind, I was able to decide that I wanted to stay and continue my life. I did not remain in the space between for very long at all, and my eyes opened as soon as I made the decision. One thing that I noticed, upon opening my eyes, was that I still had no pain or feeling, although I could see and hear again. Then I noticed, that I wasn't breathing. I observed for a while, that I didn't have the urgent feeling to take breaths, like you usually do. Much like my choice to stay, I had to choose to start breathing again, and I did so about half a minute later. I felt "normal" after I started breathing again, within a few breaths, and got out of bed. I went about my day, feeling as though I had slept very deeply, and for a long time. For that evening, and a couple of days after, I was very relaxed and in much less pain than usual. My moods were also more level than they had been in some time, like I had had a minor healing, just being able to spend a little while away from myself.

I have no reason for writing this, other than to let others know about my NDE. Like many spiritual things, maybe I am doing it for a reason I simply can't see yet. Maybe there is someone who will pass by, who needs to read it.

I also think it is a somewhat unique NDE, because in my case, there was no sudden cause of death, and also no medical intervention. I think that many people who have NDE's wake up through medical intervention, but from my experience, I think it may be possible that we don't need the interventions at all. Well, maybe we physically do need them, but spiritually, we do not? I guess that's what I'm trying to say.

In the real world, I was in bed for about fifteen minutes, although it did not feel like fifteen minutes to me.

Hugs to everyone.

((And, my lupus stuff isn't so bad anymore, because it is truly the stress that makes it get really bad. I'm almost entirely symptom free, 90% of the time. In the ten years since then, only had one more major flare, and it was last year. I have been in recovery again for about four months, or, so says the two inches of hair I'm regrowing, where I lost some hair this time. Just so no one worries. :) ))
Old 30-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Master
That's really beautiful lightcat, I hope your health remains stable, thanks for sharing :)
Kind blessings Loopylucid :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 30-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Wow, but esp bec lupus almost gone.
I luv NDE stories.
:)
Just reading Natalie Sudman's NDE book, "Application to Impossible Things".
Blown up in Irag. Wow.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator
Lightcat, this is a truly beautiful thing that happened to you. Many blessings
Old 12-03-2014, 11:42 AM
tangerine

Wow... Scary but so beautiful. I would love to experience that place myself... (which I'm sure I will one day ;))