Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-05-2016, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast
This goes into something of a complex matter that exists right now-- The separation between spirit and matter; which is not separate, but appears so-- That is, the intentions we have do not seem to match the intentions we exist in-- So, in order to match our attention with our intention, a certain alignment or order must be reached; when this happens, the order of spirit seems entirely separate from the order of material... that is to understand one perspective vs another, they appear as separate things though this is not the case at all--

This is basically everywhere we look; we must act in a certain way to get certain results.. we much take certain actions to achieve certain outcomes-- But this is a transient order, such things do not have to be the case--

We are tied together like knot, our interaction is not separate in any way; but we have designed an interaction that allows it to appear so-- Thus, when group karma is "dissolved"; it will essentially mean the governing order is conscious, and when the governing order is conscious, the only thing that needs to be understood to our individual feeling self, is our relationship to this conscious order-- When such a thing occurs, it does not matter your level of awareness, it does not matter how you act or who you wish to be; your individual self will be aligned with the whole--

This is of great importance, because if we can act as we wish and be in harmony with the whole order; then we are an extension of that order, we are both the governing order and the individual order, but our perception can be entirely limited to that individual order, and in this we can hide things from ourselves-- Now, this has been the case all along; it has only been represented differently, so that we could act in accordance with our highest self, without recognizing it as so--

When this occurs, we can use the entire range of emotions, including those we have scapegoated as the root of the problem (in which there is none, but we are not aligned with such a perspective); then we can begin to experience the materialistic pleasures aligned with the spiritual pleasures-- We can appreciate suffering in ways that we were unable to now.. we can appreciate anger in ways we were unable to now.. we can appreciate conflict in ways we weren't able to now--

This occurring is the merging of spirit and material; but for some it will simply be the recognition that they are the same-- That is, because of the way this is designed; it can both occur as a merging (as two separate things coming together to work in a universally recognized harmony) or as the one thing changing its entire expression--

So, all paths, all methods, all ways to remove karma.. are again transient structures.. temporary alignments with the governing order.. the governing order itself can change.. and this is the self that we all are changing--

Nice...
I am really enjoying the discussion of interbeing and collective consciousness, however it's variously described.

Feeling some sublime joy and bliss as we crest a fuller awareness of our reality in ever greater numbers

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 24-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Karma is impressions and habitual patterns in the mind. If you drink coffee at 3 a.m for a week consistently, on the eighth day, you will be drinking coffee out of force of habit.

Similarly most habits and inclinations, good or bad, comes from repeated actions in the present or past lives. By meditation or constant awareness and alertness, we can rise above the influence of these habitual patterns and inclinations and attain self-mastery.

This goes for addictions as well, as addictions too are just very strong impressions and karma. Awareness destroys all impressions, and hence all karmas and habit patterns.

To prevent the negative karmas of the past from sprouting, Yogananda had emphasized the need to be in good company at all times.

The kind of karma that sprouts from within you, is dependent on the kind of company you have. In bad company, your bad karma sprouts out, while in good company, your good karma sprouts.

Thus intelligent living, as per Yogananda, consists in being constantly in positive company so that the negative karmas are not given the opportunity to sprout and only the positive karmas of the past does so.

Here I must emphasize the quality of the internal mind as well. If the mind is aware, positive or has a positive attitude, that is also good company in itself. And if it has a negative attitude or is unconscious, it is bad company in itself.

Hence the quality of company goes, not just for the external, but also for the internal world too.

A very nice post...and I believe more far-reaching than many fully understand. No man or woman is an island...regardless of the propaganda.

This also gets to interbeing and the collective consciousness. And to the intimate, personal circle of belonging that we all build with those we love.

This circle of belonging is where we are most centred, most fully ourselves, most fully loved and accepted, and most fully healed.

The circle is infinite and expands concentrically to include all that is.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 24-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
There probably should be a running definition of karma here...but I think there are a few! ha!

[/i]So maybe this Thread could be called, " Our power to change our karma!"

My son is a traveler through dimensions and we've had this conversation on this topic. Basically, karma is a tally sheet of good and bad and the universe is the judging weight of our actions. This tally sheet continues on throughout your lives and you can go through many lives with the balance sheet off. Now when a life starts new again, it can put you in situations to help balance this sheet but it is never balanced, ever. Don't worry about it unless you got a gift that can affect the outcome of your own sheet or others.
Old 24-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Master

Hi Simdjs,

Yes, consistent with the traditional teachings...
Karma consists of 3 types:
1) that which is currently expressing
2) that which is latent and not expressing
3) that which is currently being generated.
Beyond that, it is complex.
Just as individual beings are comprised of various 'components', so too, each individual is also subsumed within greater 'lives'/beings - any and all of which may generate and express karma as the result of action.

~ J

Old 24-05-2016, 06:59 PM
This certainly is getting good.

I would like to say again...there may be a 'cold', impersonal balance sheet...
I agree there is a System in place....but it is all to
lovingly bring us back to the 'loving arms' of our Source.

Putting a plug in for the Loving Cosmic Play of it all. *wink*

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Ascender

I wrote this in the twin flame section, but I think it is worth pasting here as it pretty much has everything to do with the perspective I have been approaching it-- It is a different approach to the same thing I have been saying--

Quote:
Now, as I remembered who I am; I remembered the beginning of creation-- I was a being of such totality that to see any definition would be to miss a part of myself, thus the totality cannot be witnessed--

I made a decision to look upon myself; and this is where twin flames and destiny begin; when I decided to look upon myself, I decided to become two.. My decision, is the only decision in existence.. however, these two experience my same decision from two different angles.. That is, their separation is where they experience their choice, which is the same choice from two different angles--

Thus these two beings who's choice was the same from two different angles, experienced something of a bliss where the other they witnessed were making decisions completely complimentary to their own.. they worked in a unison-- We decided to take this further, and this was still the first decision, experienced by counterparts who experiences the first decision in a fragmented way-- We decided eventually to create the appearance of completely individual beings, we did this; by deciding not to experience the same level of complimentary alignments we did before.. that is, we put our decisions in a misalignment with the decision of the whole (which was a decision of the whole, and so we hid this from ourselves)--

This idea means that twin flames, are not at all limited to beings within our experience who make complimentary decisions to our own; but that we are made of so many beings experiencing their own decisions, that if a higher quality arrangement were to occur, the same level of quality that the decisions we collectively made as a whole which was obscured can be experienced in the entirety of our experience--

So that is to say, the idea of the twin flame; is a fragmented understanding of destiny-- And this is quite important to us, because while it is a destiny to meet this higher quality arrangement that we have obscured from ourselves (through a story that underlays all our being, but is obscured as well by fragmentation); this destiny is not exactly the same notion as a predetermined destiny (though from another perspective it is).. Because like the twin flame we meet (whom is a lower order/alignment/arrangement version of destiny) that is alive as we are and responds to us in a complimentary way (when a higher quality of alignment is reached), so to is our destiny as alive as the twin flame.. so too is our experience capable of such a harmony as having complementary experiences.. to the depth that they can be full ranged providing us with great heart ache to absolute conditional love (unconditional love/choice being mirrored in a higher harmony with conditional love/choice)--

--------

This refers to a quite important point, that the lessons we learn here on earth our temporary, the reason for this is because if we want to exist in a higher quality of order when our complimentary expressions are obscured, we must change the choices we make to fit the choices of those around us.. that is, we must conform to the order we find ourselves in if we want to reach even a mere glimpse of such an alignment-- But in the highest order, there is no morality or lesson of how to be; because we will be at a point where that which we find ourselves is complimentary to our expression, it is a realm beyond right and wrong (though so free to make distinctions and exist in such a state of good and bad, as to allow us full range of freedom)--

And this idea will become more important as we go along, that all lessons of morality, all lessons of spirituality, and all lessons we have learned were merely a product of the condition to create individuality, and the conditions of transient order we find ourselves in.. which is what we are currently beginning to change.. Which will change the very basis of our existence, in the sense of science, spirituality, or whatever believe of order you have come to conclude as truth outside of oneness; however indeed a new order will be put into place one that is much more capable than the limitations of mechanical thinking--

There are somethings I wish I could word better in this, specifically our choice to enter misalignment.. because this is misleading--

Last edited by firstandlast : 24-05-2016 at 11:51 PM.
Old 24-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hi Simdjs,

Yes, consistent with the traditional teachings...
Karma consists of 3 types:
1) that which is currently expressing
2) that which is latent and not expressing
3) that which is currently being generated.
Beyond that, it is complex.
Just as individual beings are comprised of various 'components', so too, each individual is also subsumed within greater 'lives'/beings - any and all of which may generate and express karma as the result of action.

~ J

Nicely said!
Old 24-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Ya know if I was ever confused by something this group
is who I would ask for help.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru