Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 30-11-2017, 02:10 AM
Experiencer

Why don't people believe those who have paranormal experiences?

Over the years I've had many experiences which were very unusual. None of them were frightening but they were strange or unusual especially to those who have never experienced them.

People in my family (none of whom have had these experiences) believe what I tell them (my brother has told me he would be afraid to sleep if he were me. To them, it is something that they are glad they have never experienced.

Some of my friends believe me but one friend told me that if she didn't know me she would question whether I was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Other people who don't know me when I tell these experiences think I have mental health issues or that I must have been under the influence of alcohol or drugs. I rarely have a drink (sip of white wine) and I've never used or abused drugs. Another person thought that I had something wrong with my brain and urged me to see a neurologist or doctor.

For this reason, I try to be very careful telling anyone about these experiences. I wonder if others have been treated the same way I have when telling others about paranormal experiences.
Old 30-11-2017, 06:00 AM
Pathfinder
Hello Baroness

As a child I would often tell people about the spirits I saw,
and about things that would happen... I was called names, I was ridiculed,
beaten up, and sent to talk to doctors and priests. So by my teenage years
I pretty much figured out not to discuss these thing with anyone.
I went into the Navy, and spent a few years in the Orient, I had the reputation for finding the best most interesting places to "relax" and had a reputation for always avoiding trouble. I started to open up about my sensitivities and "otherworldly guides" to some of my shipmates, and found out they were more curious and less hostile than the people I grew up around. These days people sort of hunt me down for "help and guidance"
because of those "talents" that caused so much grief for me as a child. I'm now 50 years old and those I grew up with are more accepting, but still very uncomfortable with my sensitivities. I think it disturbs their "Normalcy Bias".
They would be far more accepting of a total stranger who is psychic than someone "in their life" such as a family member or close friend... Heck they might even pay a psychic $100 an hour for advice, but might not want to hear what you have to say for free. Its because it would all become TOO REAL for them when its someone in their "circle". Suddenly ghosts, spirits and psychic phenomenon is real and in their face... Because they know you,
trust you, and it makes it real for them, harder for them to dismiss, and some people have a hard time realizing there is more "out there" especially if they cannot see it, hear it or touch it...
Just my two cents (opinion)
Old 30-11-2017, 08:07 AM
Experiencer

This has happened to me too and I honestly think that it is because they are scared that what you are telling them may be true. It is fear.
Old 30-11-2017, 12:27 PM
Deactivated Account
Well, I even have a hard time believing my own few supposed paranormal experiences to be real.
Old 30-11-2017, 02:53 PM
Master
yepp
iv had it
its in my hed
or i gt tld wear go

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 05-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronesslucy
Over the years I've had many experiences which were very unusual. None of them were frightening but they were strange or unusual especially to those who have never experienced them.

People in my family (none of whom have had these experiences) believe what I tell them (my brother has told me he would be afraid to sleep if he were me. To them, it is something that they are glad they have never experienced.

Some of my friends believe me but one friend told me that if she didn't know me she would question whether I was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Other people who don't know me when I tell these experiences think I have mental health issues or that I must have been under the influence of alcohol or drugs. I rarely have a drink (sip of white wine) and I've never used or abused drugs. Another person thought that I had something wrong with my brain and urged me to see a neurologist or doctor.

For this reason, I try to be very careful telling anyone about these experiences. I wonder if others have been treated the same way I have when telling others about paranormal experiences.

baronesslucy - I have experienced all of the above. It wasn't until other people in the house started experiencing things that they then believed me. I was having a conversation with my parents one day about something that happened of a paranormal nature. My Dad laughed and picked up the salt shaker and said when he sees a real object like that float across the room by itself, then he will be a believer. I responded that it is his belief that Christ rose from the dead and yet he never witnessed that with his own eyes. At that point I was reprimanded for comparing a religious phenomenon to a spiritual or paranormal phenomenon.

There are some people that just simply don't believe there are any other dimensions or spirits existing on a different plane or wavelength and that some actually do make their presence known where current humans live. It can be frustrating when one is labeled as ill when he/she experiences paranormal events. Stay strong and know what you know.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:46 AM
Guide
Some people just dont believe in spirits no matter how many stories or videos they see
Old 10-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronesslucy
First, 'unusual' does not mean they are paranormal.
Second people are unreliable witnesses, they report lots of stuff that just never happened. Yes some are mentally impaired, drunk, on drugs, whatever, but it happen to ordinary people also.
Third, weird things frighten many people, so they do their best to deny those experiences, especially if they happen to others.
Fourth, there is so much fake evidence out there its easy to just dismiss all of it. This includes most of the 'ghost' videos on Youtube.
Fifth, most people are inexperienced and ill informed about 'unusual' happenings and so make claim of the unusual when what they experienced is real but just uncommon. Take for example the number of 'orb' photos on this site, most of which are clearly just ordinary lens flare. In these cases, its more a dismissal of 'unusual' than it didn't happen at all.

I know this does not fully explain why they don't accept that anything happened to you. Perhaps its easier then actually taking the time to listen and work through what really happened.
Old 23-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Master

I don't think there is anything 'paranormal' or 'supernatural'.

For me everything that has happened to me that cannot be explained will, one day, be explained. I don't mean that science will explain these things but slowly as understanding is unfurled, we'll begin to comprehend how everything hangs together.
C.G. Jung started to understand how the universe works with his excursion into Synchronocities and the collective unconscious.
Anyone who has experienced a true synchronocity, as I once did, will get an overwhelming and even shocking glimpse into the information stored behind the thing we call reality. And I'm not talking here about co-incidences.

I have tried to talk to people about the things that have happened in my life but it is all to no avail. These are personal things anyway and if they get into the ears of the wrong persons it can be damaging.
Old 20-07-2018, 03:54 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I don't think there is anything 'paranormal' or 'supernatural'.

For me everything that has happened to me that cannot be explained will, one day, be explained. I don't mean that science will explain these things but slowly as understanding is unfurled, we'll begin to comprehend how everything hangs together.
C.G. Jung started to understand how the universe works with his excursion into Synchronocities and the collective unconscious.
Anyone who has experienced a true synchronocity, as I once did, will get an overwhelming and even shocking glimpse into the information stored behind the thing we call reality. And I'm not talking here about co-incidences.

I have tried to talk to people about the things that have happened in my life but it is all to no avail. These are personal things anyway and if they get into the ears of the wrong persons it can be damaging.

I find it fascinating that you don't believe anything is paranormal or supernatural, yet research the teachings of Carl Jung. Is it that you don't see it as "beyond normal" in relation to what society dictates, or do you believe it not to be true? I fully agree that things we cannot understand will be explained to us one day when we experience a different level of consciousness. I also believe that there are mysteries to the universe that we will never get the answers to.