Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-10-2015, 12:12 AM
Seeker
relationships here vs afterlife

2004: I met the love of my life
2005: we married

unfortunately he had drug addictions which ended our marriage in 2007
2008 we tried again- and again we just couldn't make it work. I loved him with every thing I had.. but the arguing was just too much and I left

2012 I remarried someone else. I didn't really love him- I cared for him, but not love in the way that I loved my first husband.

I continued to love and think about my first husband daily for 6 years- so this year I decided to try to reconnect

I reached out to his mom in September 2015 who told me my first husband passed July 1, 2015.

I've been devastated. I really thought we would have another chance. he was 43when he passed. way too young.

his mom also told me he never moved on past our marriage and continued to love and miss me until he passed.

what does this mean for the afterlife. since we divorced, do I not get to see him again? If I were to go to a medium would he not come through because we aren't family and were no longer married.

I understand free will is still in existence in the afterlife, so if he wanted to come through in a reading, could he?
Old 31-10-2015, 12:21 AM
Master

We travel through time together, in groups of varying size. Thus some of the people that we meet and bond with in any given lifetime are people we already have formed bonds with during previous lives and 'afterlives'. You will see your loved ones again once you again pass through to the other side. There is no reason made in our world to stop him from coming through, but on the other hand the quality of mediums range from true to complete bluffs and talking with spirits is not like picking up the phone, so please do not take contact as a given.
Old 31-10-2015, 01:20 AM
Master
Human societal constructs have no bearing on the soul once out of our human shell. Don't worry shared love is all the bond you need to see each other again.

So sorry for your loss. (Hug)
Old 31-10-2015, 02:03 AM
life.love.regret.

This is such a tough story to read, harleyquinn. I feel for you and I'm sorry you're going through this. Everybody's idea of the afterlife is different but for what it's worth, I believe you'll see him again. And when you do, I believe you'll look at each other with an understanding of things that were impossible to understand here on earth. I believe he'll be healthy and pain-free. It will be a powerful moment...I believe.
Old 31-10-2015, 02:29 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
Human societal constructs have no bearing on the soul once out of our human shell. Don't worry shared love is all the bond you need to see each other again.

Agreed, and well said...
Old 31-10-2015, 04:17 AM
Seeker
Thank you all for your replies and kind words
Difficult doesn't begin to describe the last couple of months. The guilt and regret that fill me is unbearable.

I can't talk about it to people around me bc I can't get a sentence out without being reduced to a crying mess.
So forums are easier bc I can cry while I type.

I got through 6 years without him bc I KNEW our paths would cross again .....I knew that with the same conviction as if I were to say we breathe air. It wasn't even a question, it was just what it was. I felt it in my soul that he was not lost to me. So to have that shattered shook me to the core.

So now I spend all the free time I have trying to learn about the afterlife. I want to be able to have that same conviction - that our paths will cross one day.....even if it's when I pass
So thank you all again . =)
Old 31-10-2015, 04:25 AM
life.love.regret.

It sounds like your soul knows something your mind doesn't.
Old 31-10-2015, 04:51 AM
Seeker
perhaps you're right. I may have misunderstood what i was feeling as to mean while we were on earth. maybe it was deeper than that

right now hope is all i got
Old 31-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Master

There might be more to hope for than contact through a medium. It happens frequently that those who we have bonded strongly with through life, still watches over us for the rest of this lifetime is this is what they wish. You might not see him with your living eyes but with a bond of love as strong as you describe, I am pretty sure he goes with you still. Quiet and silent perhaps, but if calmness comes to you when you need it most and laughter comes easier in happy moments, he might well have contributed to that. Your part would be to hold him in happy memories rather than as a source of sorrow. You will anyway meet face to face again, in time. Or outside of it.
Old 31-10-2015, 02:43 PM
Master

Divorce is an earthly term. It has nothing to do with your soul connection with your former husband.

You both agreed to your life paths. That you would cross paths but not be together. You had separate things you needed to learn.

Since, in my opinion, you have a soul connection with this person, going to a psychic might help. Mind you, your former husband may be in a hospital rehabilitating and not available for a span of time. Give it some time before you go see a psychic.

Will you see him on the other side? Most assuredly, yes. As long as he wants to see you and you want to see him, you will.

I know all this information is because I have read countless books on the afterlife.

This thread here on sf has a host of books on the afterlife if you want to roll up your sleeves and start learning.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=87106