Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 22-02-2017, 06:12 PM
Newbie ;)

Help understanding what is happening to me...

Hi Everyone,
I'm a new member here and just recently discovered my medium abilities. By way of background, I attended an intuition class basically for the time away from 3 screaming kids ;), only to discover that I was receiving messages from spirit. We were all asked to share the thoughts we were receiving during class and I shared random things that were coming to me via images and thoughts in my head and they were all about the instructor and things that had happened to him, then an indian came through and his mom and some fig newtons and well, I basically had him at indian.... I then followed that up with a development class and was the only student there that was really getting accurate info and physical symptoms for diseases, etc. I am so lost as to why this is happening to me - I'm 36, a mom of 3, a professional, just trying to figure out my path in life and then I discover this wrinkle. It's confusing and I don't know what, if anything, I'm supposed to do with it. It's not like my family and friends can relate to this. I've always been into spirituality and energy work, but I never expected this (although looking back it does tie in with a lot of odd experiences I had as a teenager). When people talk to me, I've always gotten images of things coming through as they speak (for example, someone talks about a deceased boyfriend, I will see a guy on a motorcycle and when I ask if he rode a motorcycle, turns out he does...), in high school my friends and I used to levitate people on chairs and make ouija boards out of styrofoam cups in study hall (the boards actually worked), automatic writing, etc all things that I assumed a bored teenager just did...

So I would really appreciate it if the more experienced teaching mediums could provide guidance to me on a few things:

1. Why do medium abilities happen to people - is it destiny (a divine plan God has for you that is calling you to this) or is it just a skill that you can ignore? I'm struggling with whether this means that I'm being called to do this work instead of my current work...I had a vision during meditation that this was put in place in other lives and there is nothing I can do about it...fun.

2. Why do I see faces in things? I see faces in trees, towels, flowers...anything and I mean really specific human faces. Is this spirit?

3. What's with the throbbing in my left ear? I thought it might be a physical issue but it's not constant, it comes and goes and is in my left ear, usually in the morning. Is this a common sign of something spiritual?

4. How does spirit manipulate my physical body? HOW does this happen? During a development class, I had a spirit make me feel really dizzy to make me feel like they did when they died (they got dizzy and died), and it freaks me out that the feeling of dizziness is exactly like I feel when I get dizzy. Obviously this freaks me out and has me wondering if every random physical symptom that happens to me is spirit driven or an actual physical symptom. How can I tell the difference?

5. How can I tell if spirit is communicating with me or it's my thoughts? It's not like spirit is always around bugging me, in fact sometimes I think this ability isn't even there b/c I live a normal, nothing-weird--happens life. The communication only happens when I am in a meditative state or someone is opening up to me. Occassionally I have random thoughts or mood swings - is it me or spirit - I would love to blame some of it on spirit :) but can't tell the different...

Thank you so much to anyone who responds - I am sorry this is long-winded, but I am very apparently confused and looking for answers...
Old 22-02-2017, 07:20 PM
Administrator
Hello

As a Medium that came into it all hard wired from birth I had to reverse learn how it all worked to understand me. So lets take you questions one by one.....and see where it goes. NOTING that this will be my personal view as there is no I feel one path for it all to unravel.

1. Why do medium abilities happen to people - is it destiny (a divine plan God has for you that is calling you to this) or is it just a skill that you can ignore? I'm struggling with whether this means that I'm being called to do this work instead of my current work...I had a vision during meditation that this was put in place in other lives and there is nothing I can do about it...fun.

It is hard to say what the path means at times. I do feel that we "all" come in with the same book of knowledge just that we do not all open to it in the one lifetime. Much of it at times comes down to our early childhood and how we are then conditioned to what we see and hear. For m age 6 is the first memories I have and I could have had it shut down there. I was told "never" to talk about any of it. For me I came in like this....and it is me. Later in life I had three kids all like me. Life's destiny path.

For you something opened the door, it is a skill at times as all things come down to us I feel from a Divine Light. Just that we do not all open to it. Too it is being said that the "Vale" to the other side is getting thinner as we move into accepting the living and the non living in the one world or dimension .

You mention meditation and this opens doors at times to our subconscious and at times connects to our past lives. Then we add in the brain and the logic centre we have that over rides at times the subconscious intuition. We have to balance this out and that is not always easy.

At times there is a difference from work and working or work and career. What I mean by this is that work will give us that income to live off of, and that other working or career fills the passions. That part of us that can be that calling in life. At times that calling is something that we can not or do not live off of but we do.

2. Why do I see faces in things? I see faces in trees, towels, flowers...anything and I mean really specific human faces. Is this spirit?

This is not sprit at times more its that connection to the subconscious or the imagination at times. That creative thinking side of us. Or it is at times that link to something more, if there also is a feeling or vibration with it that says "Hi I am here" feeling. With three's and other things there can be connections to "nature spirits" things like fairies and elves ext. We have to be open to understand that there could be interdimensional beings in our World.

3. What's with the throbbing in my left ear? I thought it might be a physical issue but it's not constant, it comes and goes and is in my left ear, usually in the morning. Is this a common sign of something spiritual?

This can be a common connection to spirits trying to communicate. As they work on an higher vibrations frequency than we do it can feel like a buzz or tingling feeling. Remembering that there are so many around us that not all can be handled or have a message we can relay with meaning.

This again is about being able to filter thing out. Grounding and crystals can help balance out what comes to you. Accessing your Guides to help filter it out. For me being wide open there is no down time.....I am always on. For me my ears itch when I have contact and I have learned to SLOW it down so I can hear them and at times see them in the physical form then talk with them. Too I came in like this.

4. How does spirit manipulate my physical body? HOW does this happen? During a development class, I had a spirit make me feel really dizzy to make me feel like they did when they died (they got dizzy and died), and it freaks me out that the feeling of dizziness is exactly like I feel when I get dizzy. Obviously this freaks me out and has me wondering if every random physical symptom that happens to me is spirit driven or an actual physical symptom. How can I tell the difference?

Here again its about grounding and claiming your personal space and making a zone that is outside you to work with spirits. For me the day starts and ends with grounding. Then there are energy protection walls that you can use Bubble Walls ext. This again helps with the separations.

Spirits can manipulate the physical body and you can control this for the most part. For me I can be taken from my body into the Astral Plane to re live the death event of a Spirit that needs help. I do this at times for crime cases to help bring closure. Too I came into being able to handle this. I feel with all the 5 senses in play (smell is the worst) and use the 6th the intuition to guide me.

5. How can I tell if spirit is communicating with me or it's my thoughts? It's not like spirit is always around bugging me, in fact sometimes I think this ability isn't even there b/c I live a normal, nothing-weird--happens life. The communication only happens when I am in a meditative state or someone is opening up to me. Occassionally I have random thoughts or mood swings - is it me or spirit - I would love to blame some of it on spirit :) but can't tell the different...

Look at what state your in when you meditate your in that quiet space your more open to receive. If you are not grounded and walled some your now the open door. For me I can not meditate alone, and I can not most times find that place of alone. It opens me for OK she is there to talk to now.

Here again its about accepting what you want and seeing if simple tools like grounding and protections and walls help out. Too you mentioned you have children....do they maybe share in some of these abilities and your there to bridge that understanding for them ?

Lynn
Old 22-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks, Lynn. You raise good points, I will have to consider them in reflection. My children are very young so I haven't noticed that they are aware of anything different and they haven't expressed it to me. I have noticed that I may think something and my oldest will voice what I just thought. I'll keep an eye on that. Thank you.
Old 25-02-2017, 11:22 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieMed
Thanks, Lynn. You raise good points, I will have to consider them in reflection. My children are very young so I haven't noticed that they are aware of anything different and they haven't expressed it to me. I have noticed that I may think something and my oldest will voice what I just thought. I'll keep an eye on that. Thank you.

Children that are sensitive to spirit do not always give the impression or tell anyone they are. When I went through a spontaneous awakening and woke up with all of my senses in overdrive and seeing spirits every where I turned I was telling others about what I was seeing trying to grasp what was happening. My 11year old daughter says "So mom, have you seen the blur man yet? " I had in fact seen it. But come to find out she had her abilities ever since she could remember. Her clairvoyance is stronger than mine at times but mine works with the other Clair's at the same time. Hers are still separate. I've taught her to not fear anything she sees at all. No matter what. Observe and make note of what she sees. I help her to piece it together. 2 of us combining our abilities this way and the energy coming together makes it really easy to understand the things we get.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:21 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi NewbieMed
I think out of all my spiritual gifts this is the one im most uncomfortable with. I started sensing spirits at around age 5 and was petrified most of my childhood. I then blocked it out in my teenage years and it came back with a vengeance at 25YO after i got married. I met a very powerful teacher who taught me how to control my gifts and what to do with them. Im a healer, im a counsellor by day and reiki master/healer in my personal life. The only advice i can give to you is have regular contact with your spirit guides and they will guide you.