Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-02-2017, 04:43 AM
Master

To me the Bible is a rule book . Written by men over thounds of years with different agendas . I see God as consciouness and energy . I dont see God as testing people by putting them in a whale , killing off there family or giving them n.d.e.s .
Old 22-02-2017, 05:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21771
The bible talks about God sending deceptive signs and delusions to people who didn't love the truth how do we know ndes aren't God ordained deceptions

I suggest listening to Zecharia Sitchen on You Tube.,,,turns out the Bible is a derivative work from earlier Sumerian text and we don't know who the gods are and they aren't so god-like after all - which explains much in the Old Testament. The One God - Source is not the fickle temperamental being described so often in the Bible.
Old 23-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Pathfinder
I read Anita Moorjani's book "Dying to be Me" where she talks about her near-death experience (nde) and how she experienced that we are all loved unconditionally. I don't think that that's a lie. Why wouldn't you believe that to be true?

"There is no such thing as ruining your life."
Sophie Kinsella
Old 23-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
The bible talks about God sending deceptive signs and delusions to people who didn't love the truth how do we know ndes aren't God ordained deceptions

Having had an NDE myself many years ago, I'm more interested in hearing what made you raise this subject.
Old 23-02-2017, 07:33 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretscribe
I read Anita Moorjani's book "Dying to be Me" where she talks about her near-death experience (nde) and how she experienced that we are all loved unconditionally. I don't think that that's a lie. Why wouldn't you believe that to be true?

It contradicts the bible
Old 24-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Guide
Question

Quote:
It contradicts the bible

But then the Bible itself is so full of contradictions, inaccuracies and flaws...

Just see this great project here: http://bibviz.com/
Old 24-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Master

I dont agree with Sitchen on a number of other things , but you can clearly see that the Bible was taken from earlier belief systems . It was messed with at the counclie of Nicia in 326 a.d. Some believe Jesus believed in and taught reincarnation , but that got taken out in 326 a.d. Who know what else he might of said .
Old 24-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvdb64
But then the Bible itself is so full of contradictions, inaccuracies and flaws...

Just see this great project here: http://bibviz.com/

Yes. And some of the most astounding discrepancies are quite clear and can't be explained away (and are never mentioned in church). There are also discrepancies in the Christian religion as to what Christ taught...such as selling all your possessions and giving the money to the poor, not praying in public or in groups, the divorced getting remarried and calling out others' sins when all are sinners.

It's sad, but far too many won't even search the site you've posted or any of the many others dealing with biblical discrepancies that exist. They're too comfortable in what they believe because of what they've been taught and refuse to question those things.
Old 24-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Guide
True MARDAV

It will take generations to unlearn all that flawed thinking and conditioning...
I too was very heavily conditioned into the Christian mindset, and only a Soul awakening allowed me to escape it.