Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 30-01-2017, 11:58 PM
Seeker

Third eye techniques at work

Does anyone know of any techniques I can use at work (I work in IT) to assist in opening my third or just techniques that can be used throughout the day, outside of meditation?

My time is fairly limited so I sometimes struggle to fit in meditation every day. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old 31-01-2017, 12:44 AM
Why single in on the third eye that is within you since you are
talking about during the day at work?

Try listening at work to Divine Harmony...Music of the Spheres...
Celestial Music, the Inner sound Current...
How?
Research it...if you still have problems...ask...but your own effort
is what will be very fulfilling.

To get to a prize you sometimes have to dig.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-02-2017, 11:26 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralian
Does anyone know of any techniques I can use at work (I work in IT) to assist in opening my third or just techniques that can be used throughout the day, outside of meditation?

My time is fairly limited so I sometimes struggle to fit in meditation every day. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Real Opening a chakra take a years of meditations on a one chakra only. A man who opens Chakra obtain siddhis, see chakra siddhi, try google. Until you do not hav siddhi, so your chakra is not open. The "third eye" is chakra Ajna.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:03 PM
Master

its not a good idea just to work on one chakra unless that chakra is weak as it can throw the balance of your chakras out.

You could try toning, different chakras area supposed to resonate to different sounds. Anything which puts focus on a chakra more can active it a bit more. Meditation is probably one of the most important things to be doing if you wish to be working on yourself.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Master
somewhere, someplace, there is a version of yourself that has his/her
chakras open and flowing. accessing this version of yourself might be
accomplished in a 'blink of the eye' timespan. set your intentions
clearly, and raise your current awareness to include that of your
alternate you....

i see meditation as a means to quieting the mind and becoming more
focused on our true intentions... becoming a more authentic person.
it ain't something that requires any particular amount of time.
it's actually something that ought to be done throughout all the moments
of a life. imo
Old 01-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Guide

I'd just suggest finding ways to calm your mind any chance you get. Meditation does not have to be this planned out practice that takes copious amounts of time from your day. I won't even called it meditation. Whenever you get a second, close your eyes and focus your mind on NOTHING . Make sure you're relaxed though. Close your eyes, and think of nothing. If you practice this enough, and you'll gradually get there. Rome wasn't built in a day, and reaping the benefits of deep-peaceful 'mediation' takes some practice and patience. Stay positive
Old 01-03-2017, 08:10 PM
Seeker

I don't believe you should try to push this experience, yes work on it slowly but many times we wouldn't be ready if we push this, or some might become very confused and imbalanced experiencing so much at once.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:47 PM
Experiencer

There's not been much in terms of 'techniques', so I thought I'd pass over some suggestions.

For the most part, it doesn't much matter which strategy you use, only the effort and intention you put behind it. You'll find some work better for you depending on your personal circumstances.

Meditation is the obvious answer. But even here, there are a number of various methods that could work. If time is limited, do this by waking up a bit earlier or before you go to bed. If you commute on public transport, this is something of an acceptable substitute (but it will be harder due to the distractions).

You'll want to focus on your pineal gland (the area) and the colour indigo. Some people imagine a flame, flower, ball, whatever you want really. Just try to use something that's easy for you to picture in your mind. See energy flowing in through the top of your head, and in through your base, to connect where your third eye is located. Time this with your breath, so energy flows with each inhale and exhale.

Find some words that work for you, 'my third eye is opening', 'I want to see with my third eye', 'I am giving my third eye the energy it needs to open'. Some people find a mantra 'ohm' helps as it's meant to be the same vibration as your third eye. While the mantra needs to be vocalised, any affirmation about your third eye opening can be internal dialogue.

Mix things up as you're comfortable. Find what works for you.

Other people find 'their happy place' and imagine elaborate scenes where they connect to nature in some way and receive energy that fuels their third eye opening, or imagine meeting some being from the subtle realms who helps them with the task. It amounts to the same thing; your imagination and intent is what matters, not strictly the strategy employed.

Other techniques are more practice oriented:

Set up a candle, and see the glow around it. Focus on this and imagine the glow is expanding as your third eye opens. You can do the same with a light (globe). Eventually, you'll start to see a rainbow of colour appear around the light. Focus on this and try to make the colours clearer.

Or, sit in a reasonably dark room. Try to get the lighting to the point where you're at the juxtaposition between using the rods and cones in your eyes (at the edge of seeing in colour and grays). This is important because you're physical eyes aren't so good at seeing in this light, and your third eye will take a more active role. You'll also need some form of sheet/wall that is a similar colour to your hand. Too much of a contrast will cause problems.

Part of the problem with most 'you can see your aura' guides is they misinform people by using physical tricks to 'get results'. When you stare at something for long periods of time, your eyes experience what's called cellular fatigue; the photoreceptors in your eye get tired and stop responding to some colours. This creates that photo negative effect, or black spot behind your eyes if you've been hit with a bright light. If you stare at your hand for any length of time, your eyes shift slightly, and you'll get this 'halo' around them as a result of cellular fatigue. This is not your aura. To prevent this halo effect, you use low light on a background similar to your hand colour. You should also shift your eyes regularly and move/twist your hand to prevent this false positive from happening.

You'll want to focus on the edge of your hand/fingers, and try to see a shifting haze, like on a hot road in the desert. You may also find benefit here in imagining your third eye opening. If you've been practicing on the candle flame and can see the rainbow of colour, you should be able to see about a centimeter of haze around your fingers.

Once you get a bit better, you should be able to practice this pretty much anywhere; provided you can find some background to your hand that doesn't interfere. Given a bit more time, and you can start to practice on other people as you go about your daily life; focus on the space over their shoulders. If someone notices, it'll (hopefully) just look like your looking at something behind them.

Additionally, you can download some 'music' that's designed to help open your third eye. YouTube have some (great.. maybe) binaural beats (search for this term) that are meant to help open your third eye among other things. You can listen to these on your way to work, or at home, or ... you get the idea. But it's best to do it while meditating and focusing on your third eye opening.

Anyhow.. I don't want to write too much. Let me know if you have any questions or need more techniques.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:56 PM
Suspended
Guide
Third Eye,Brow Chakra Opening.

Why do folk want to open their third eye,why not the heart chakra or solar plexus chakra,it's always the third eye.
My advice is let it open by itself,it will but maybe not in this incarnation, I always wondered about the third eye but that was all,I used to imagine what it does and what would happen if I opened it,after I consciously astral travelled the first time in 1971 I was satisfied with that,I saw what I wanted to see and felt it,especially the fear of being out of my body!
Leave the third eye alone,its not what you think it is,and it is as dangerous as you have heard said about it,that is why pupils/adepts seek a Master,to guide them on their way,a master takes all your mistakes,he absorbs the negative things or mistakes you make,play around with the heart chakra,that can't hurt you,and the kundalini is worse,leave it alone,"when the pupil is ready,the Master will come", its true that saying,very true.