Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 04-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Master
Can you plan like 3 to 4 incarnations ahead ?

Is it possible to establish your incarnations "ahead of time" ?
For instance, planning out 3 to 4 lifetimes ahead ?
Old 04-01-2017, 10:23 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorStrange
Is it possible to establish your incarnations "ahead of time" ?
For instance, planning out 3 to 4 lifetimes ahead ?

From what I understand about karma, reincarnation and past lives I don't think it would be possible to plan 3-4 lifetimes ahead.

I don't think it would even be possible to plan for your next lifetime with 100% certainty because you, your life, and the world around you is constantly shifting. It would be like trying to throw a dart into your next lifetime... but because things are constantly shifting where there once was a dartboard to throw darts at, now there is only a sea of grape jelly.

What you can plan for is to overcome negative karma and traits within yourself so that your next incarnation is less rocky. You could practice extreme generosity in this lifetime and have the karma returned to you in the next... or you could go the other way and be mean to people and experience mean people in your next life.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesIntrovert
From what I understand about karma, reincarnation and past lives I don't think it would be possible to plan 3-4 lifetimes ahead.

I don't think it would even be possible to plan for your next lifetime with 100% certainty because you, your life, and the world around you is constantly shifting. It would be like trying to throw a dart into your next lifetime... but because things are constantly shifting where there once was a dartboard to throw darts at, now there is only a sea of grape jelly.

What you can plan for is to overcome negative karma and traits within yourself so that your next incarnation is less rocky. You could practice extreme generosity in this lifetime and have the karma returned to you in the next... or you could go the other way and be mean to people and experience mean people in your next life.

Great response, Aries.

And to the Dr., I would also add...especially, you could practice extreme generosity the area of emotional and spiritual generosity...meaning both giving and receiving lovingkindness and forgiveness -- always with the goal of true reciprocity and reconciliation but not being bound by reciprocity if the situation doesn't allow for a true reconciliation. Forgive anyway. Love anyway. Give kindness anyway...and equally important, receive kindness, love, and forgiveness as well wherever offered. That is, engage...and generously allow others to be emotionally and spiritually generous to you, as well.

Above all else, manifesting love and kindness and forgiveness will transmute all that has gone before, all that is, and all that will be into a person, a place, a time, and a state where you and what is manifest by, with, through, and around you into that which is truer and more right-aligned (with centre, with spirit, with others, and with All, or One).

Peace & blessings all
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 05-01-2017, 03:54 AM
Suspended
Guide

I don't think so since each life is accessed after its completion ...
Old 05-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Master
I don't think so.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:42 AM
Master

Quite simply, 'no'. How can you plan when you are still using free will to determine the choices you make, that also depend on the choices other make that will affect the outcomes?
Old 07-01-2017, 04:10 PM
Seeker
Short answer is yes, because there is no such thing as time. This means your 'past' lives and 'future' lives are all intertwined. It does not move in a linear fashion. You may not understand it on a conscious level because its hard for a soul in a physical body to comprehend. Mind boggling I know!
Old 07-01-2017, 09:14 PM
Master

Ones higher self might have a general plan for future lives .
Old 08-01-2017, 03:18 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesIntrovert

AriesIntrovert, doesn't practicing extreme generosity for the sake of having a good next life defeat the entire purpose of the generosity, which should be done without any expectation of reward later on?
Old 08-01-2017, 03:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeking78
Short answer is yes, because there is no such thing as time. This means your 'past' lives and 'future' lives are all intertwined. It does not move in a linear fashion. You may not understand it on a conscious level because its hard for a soul in a physical body to comprehend. Mind boggling I know!

I agree with this. To my understanding, all our lives are happening at the same time. Imagine a cd sliced through very thinly, creating a spiral. Each 'sheet' is a life and many sheets touch, sometimes they overlap (deja vu anyone?). You can plan any life at anytime, go straight from this life to one 1000 years ago. You can even go and experience someone else's life through their eyes. I think this is what happens when someone close to us dies, why we seems to remember the strangest things and memories... it's because that person close to us is reviewing our interactions together from our perspective.

Just my opinion, no one in these meat suits of ours really knows the exact truth. We'll know when we get there and slap our foreheads and smile ruefully lol