Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 24-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit bird
I have been questioning many things since I've awakened 3 years ago. Some things make sense and others I am still searching for answers through reading. I am starting to think I could possibly be an old soul but am uncertain. I am very happy go lucky and friendly to most all people, I despise conformity to political or social norms and always think outside the box. Although I do use a computer, enjoy television etc... the empathic side of me finds I can no longer handle most of the crude and desensitized material that comes on television once 8 oclock comes around. I prefer face to face service rather than automation in, most people find me "not with the times" in some of the choices I make such as....I don't use Atm machines, electively I have chosen a phone plan that does not have texting (almost lost a few friends over that cause they assume everyone has it), and I general don't like how society pushes everyone along to swim with the salmon upstream if you understand what I mean. If most of the generation bobble heads zig....I choose to zag. I'm very eccentric in my beliefs and very old school and wish our way of life could go back to the way things were about 30 years ago.

My empathic side can no longer handle absorbing the news casts because it affects me profoundly when bad things are seen. My health suffers for it. I can't understand how so many people wish to hurt others it is perplexing at the very least and deeply saddening. I enjoy helping others and tend to make others laugh easily which is good for my soul as well. I am generally a likeable person I've been told many times. But a deep part of me inside feels like a square peg trying to fit into a round hole by being trapped in this society. The "me" first mentality really gets to me out there in the world ...I just don't get that and it has gotten worse over time like it should be the accepted norm. I honestly feel in my heart as though I could be an old soul and in a good way I know I stand out because of my thinking even though others feel I should "get with the times". I just choose not to swim with the salmon upstream. I feel I would be perfectly comfortable living back in the pioneer days when there was no technology and people actually treated each other well and said hello verbally rather than texting or tweeting it. I feel proud of these traits I have and have a firm resolve in what is right versus what is wrong. Does anyone else feel this way? Or feel sort of off to the direction society is going like I do?

Perhaps you were a scholar or a monk or an idealist in a past life, who believed in simple living and high thinking and abhorred excessive materialism. There is a certain pleasure in leading an austere life as such.

So yes, I feel that you are an old soul but I am not sure of it.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 26-01-2017, 02:21 AM
Pathfinder

Wow! I'm so glad I am not the only one who feels this way. I find the news too disturbing and when I talk to my friends bout it they just tell me I am weird. I got a facebook to keep up with my family but I rarely get on. People from my work find it stupid that men heave emotions and they like to watch videos of people fighting and laugh at me for taking a lizard outside to save it from the dangers of inside our factory. Sometimes I feel trapped here in this day in time because I don't find many people who feel the same way I do. When I was a child, I didn't want to eat my animal crackers due to their feelings and my stuffed animals were my best friends. I've always felt different. I love differently and deeper than others. I find happiness in helping others and never expect anything in return. I don't understand the human race. Glad to finally find people who feel the way I do.
Old 30-01-2017, 02:01 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Question: If you had the confirmation that you were an old soul, what impact would that have on you? What would you do differently? Why would that matter to you? What would you do differently if you knew for sure you aren't an old soul?

With all due respect, that knowledge might be counterproductive to your mission for this incarnation. Maybe, being preoccupied of this question is a good indication that you aren't an old soul. Maybe, unconsciously you're looking for some solid support to give your opinions more weight in your argumentations with others, which would just be frivolous.

Last edited by baro-san : 30-01-2017 at 05:55 AM.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeking78
Hey did you find anything useful?

I just finished reading Aletheia Luna's book Old Souls. I am about to start the Michael Teachings book. Interesting stuff.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:08 PM
Guide

Hi Linen

I finally got the book 'instruction, living the life your soul intended' through.

Interesting, from reading through im a level 9.

Thanks for the advice :-)
Old 03-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Master

That's what's so good about SF. We support each other.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:04 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I just finished reading Aletheia Luna's book Old Souls. I am about to start the Michael Teachings book. Interesting stuff.

Great, I also recommend Michael Newton's "Journey of Souls"...parallels well with the Michael Teachings and Soul Age.
* My Website covers Spirituality, Metaphysics, Paranormal, Supernatural and Extraterrestrial Topics. I've written over 2 dozen articles and linked thousands of references. Feel free to discuss whatever topic you wish:

https://eternalcircleblog.wordpress.com/

"Understanding True Spirituality and the Metaphysical Realm".
Old 04-02-2017, 12:40 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeking78
Great, I also recommend Michael Newton's "Journey of Souls"...parallels well with the Michael Teachings and Soul Age.

I've read all of Michael Newton's books, but thanks for taking the time.

I might suggest a few books of my own, ones that had an impact on me. Most are on the afterlife.

The Last Frontier, Julia Assante
Afterlife , Barry Eaton
Testimony of Light, Helen Greaves
The Afterlife Interviews Volumes I & II, Jeffrey A Marks
Life Before Life, Helen Wambach
Many Lives Many Masters, Brian Weiss (regression therapy)
Old 04-02-2017, 12:45 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I've read all of Michael Newton's books, but thanks for taking the time.

I might suggest a few books of my own, ones that had an impact on me. Most are on the afterlife.

The Last Frontier, Julia Assante
Afterlife , Barry Eaton
Testimony of Light, Helen Greaves
The Afterlife Interviews Volumes I & II, Jeffrey A Marks
Life Before Life, Helen Wambach
Many Lives Many Masters, Brian Weiss (regression therapy)

Thanks...I am familiar with Barry Eaton, Helen Wambach and have read Brian Weiss' books. I will look into the others and possibly add them to my website archive.
* My Website covers Spirituality, Metaphysics, Paranormal, Supernatural and Extraterrestrial Topics. I've written over 2 dozen articles and linked thousands of references. Feel free to discuss whatever topic you wish:

https://eternalcircleblog.wordpress.com/

"Understanding True Spirituality and the Metaphysical Realm".
Old 04-02-2017, 04:18 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

From Michael Newton's "Journey of Souls":
9 The Beginner Soul

THERE are two types of beginner souls: souls who are truly young in terms of
exposure to an existence out of the spirit world, and souls who have been
reincarnating on Earth for a long period of relative time, but still remain immature.
I find beginner souls of both types in Levels I and II.
I believe almost three-quarters of all souls who inhabit human bodies on Earth
today are still in the early stages of development. I know this is a grossly
discouraging statement because it means most of our human population is operating
at the lower end of their training. On the other hand, when I consider a world
population beset by so much negative cross-cultural misunderstanding and violence,
I am not inclined to change my opinion about the high percentage of lower level
souls on Earth. However, I do think each century brings improvement of awareness
in all humans.
Over a number of years, I have maintained a statistical count of client soul levels in
my case files. Undoubtedly, the figures are weighted to some extent at the lower
levels because these subjects were not selected at random. My cases could be over-
represented by souls at the lower levels of development because they are the very
people who require assistance in life and might come to me seeking information.
For those who are curious, the percentages by soul level of all my cases are as
follows: Level I, 42%; Level II, 31%; Level III, 17%; Level IV, 9%; and Level V,
1%.
Projecting these figures into a world population of five billion souls would be
unreliable, using my small sample. Nevertheless, I see the Possibility we may have
only a few hundred thousand people on Earth at Level V.
My subjects state that souls end their incarnations on Earth when they reach full
maturity. What is significant about the high percentage of souls in the early stages
of development is our rapidly multiplying population and the urgency babies have
for available souls. We are increasing by 260,000 children per day. This human
necessity for souls means they must normally be drawn from a spiritual pool of less
advanced entities who require more incarnations to progress and are, therefore,
more available to return to another life.
I am sensitive to the feelings of clients whom I know to be in the early stages of
development. I cannot count the number of times a new client has come into my
office and said, "I know I am an old soul, but I seem to have problems coping with
life."
We all want to be advanced souls because most people hate to be considered a
beginner in anything. Every case is unique. There are many variables within each
soul's character, individual development rate, and the qualities of the guides
assigned to them. I see my task as offering interpretations of what subjects report to
me about the progression of their souls.
I have had many cases where a client has been incarnating for up to 30,000 years on
Earth and is still in the lower levels of I and II. The reverse is also true with a few
people, although rapid acceleration in spiritual development is uncommon. As with
any educational model, students find certain lessons more difficult than others. One
of my clients has not been able to conquer envy for 850 years in numerous lives, but
she did not have too much trouble overcoming bigotry by the end of this same period.
Another has spent nearly 1700 years off-and-on seeking some sort of
authoritative power over others. However, he has gained compassion.
The next case represents an absolute beginner soul. This novice shows no evidence
of having a spiritual group assignment as yet, because she has lived too few past
lives. In her first life she was killed in 1260 AD in Northern Syria by a Mongol
invasion. Her name was Shabez, and her settlement was sacked, resulting in a
terrible massacre of the inhabitants when she was five years old.