Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-11-2015, 03:46 AM
Newbie ;)

Can those in spirit get annoyed? Loved ones

Hi everyone, this may sound really silly but I need your help and thoughts on this matter...

I have had OCD since a young kid, so I often get inappropriate thoughts in my head, things that I don't even believe, it's just the OCD preying on my fears.

One of my fears is somehow upsetting my loved ones in spirit and them hating me, although I have been told that won't happen as in spirit they understand.

Today, I started getting a bad thought in my head about my Nan, the thought kept saying 'she is fat' when she wasn't at all. So as I have OCD this thought is really intrusive and cycles around my head, so I am constantly talking in my head to my Nan explaining it's my OCD and I don't think she is fat then asking for her forgiveness. Before she passed she knew about my OCD. I'm not sure they can even hear me in spirit.

My OCD then makes me feel like I have upset my Nan who is in spirit. Then the logical part of me says, well they know a lot in spirit, she knows I love her and it's just my OCD, and she can see I am struggling and will understand I don't think that.

The worst part is I can't call her up and ask her if she has forgiven me, but I'm pretty sure she might be getting annoyed with me constantly talking to her.

I know some of you might laugh but OCD isn't logical so...can any mediums or anything give me their thoughts on the matter? I've been told spirit are all loving and understanding in the spirit world.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:51 AM
Deactivated Account
Hi PurpleCrystal... How would you react to someone else who you knew was struggling with OCD and unwanted, disruptive thoughts (even if they pertained to you)? Would you take it personal, be offended, and be upset with that individual as if they were doing it intentionally and maliciously? Or would you be understanding, sympathetic, and compassionate about the matter because you know the person is struggling and that those intrusive thoughts are not a reflection of their true feelings and genuine nature/character?

You know the answer to that... So what you need to work on is taking your own understanding and compassionate reaction to this type of behavior occurring with someone else, and apply it to your loved ones who have passed on when you try to perceive how they would respond to you going through this. I strongly feel what's happening is that when you find yourself imagining that you are causing your loved ones to be mad/upset/annoyed at you - these are in actuality distorted thoughts created by your own physical/egoic mind, and you are projecting your own thoughts about yourself and your behavior into the minds of your loved ones. Does that make sense? You react in a certain critical and judgemental way to your own behavior, and when you strongly identify with this perception of yourself, it creates the false impression and belief that this is how your behavior would be viewed by others. This commonly happens to so many individuals, they become so fixated on our own insecurities and self-generated, negative perceptions of themselves, that they convince themselves that others must be viewing them in the exact same light (because that is what they have internalized and strongly identified with) - and they cannot imagine that anyone would see them differently than they see themselves. When we have distorted thoughts about ourselves, we create a distorted perception of our external reality and how we imagine others perceive us.

It's very important to understand psychologically what is unfolding within you. It's only when we are unconscious of what is actually occurring that we find ourselves prone to repeating the same patterns over and over again. To break the cycle you need to foster, integrate, and maintain an awareness of your tendency to project your own critical thoughts & judgements about yourself and your OCD behavior into the mind's of your loved ones. When you find yourself doing this (projecting) again, you need to pause and catch yourself in the act, and you will connect with your awareness of what is happening within you and by doing so you will simultaneously be withdrawing your conscious energy from fueling this reoccurring practice. When this happens it's sort of like you say to yourself, "Wait, I'm doing it again" - and you realize that your physical/egoic mind is acting up again and trying to take you along for another unpleasant ride. Catching yourself and pulling back into your higher state of awareness is like a skill that you develop - it may be slow going at first, but the more you work at it the easier it will become and you will increasingly gain control over the activity of your mind. You will be contributing to your well-being in doing so...

Last edited by wolfgaze : 10-11-2015 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:55 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi Wolfgaze,

Thank you for your reply. It has really helped me see things from another perspective and enabled me to see things away from the OCD clouding my judgement.

You are correct- I tend to self project my own thoughts onto a lot of things especially when OCD is involved. I think you are right, about how our perception of ourselves can lead us to a false impression.

I tend to ask for reassurance in regards to OCD anyway- but I feel this may be amplified at the moment due to everything being unknown- if that makes sense. But I think you are right, my Nan was very understanding and thinking about it logically I don't believe she would be upset.

I bet my post above sounds really now!

Thank you once again, your post really helped :)
Old 10-11-2015, 07:00 AM
Deactivated Account
You're welcome friend, glad you found it helpful...
Old 12-11-2015, 03:38 AM
Suspended

As a medium spiritual healer I learnt that all life records its own personal spiritual record as a memory in the atmosphere.

The atmosphere has a situation of recording information and making records as light/sound imagery.

Therefore the personal self expressions of the lived life are recorded.

When a medium makes contact with a deceased human being, they use the past life record of the human self....yet the higher self completely andrognous to live only communicates via the use of its own recorded self.

Therefore we have only ever been witness to the information of factual evidence of spiritual use of past life records. Therefore deceased spirit will naturally use and express their own normal life expressions, and yet exist as their higher self as the spirit that cannot be described by a human life.