Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 03-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Master
PJ's

"One morning, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know."~Groucho Marx

This always makes me giddy and giggle~*

Old 03-11-2012, 06:06 PM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
"One morning, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know."~Groucho Marx

Yes it's a great line...I can hear his voice saying it as I read it! His inflections really add to the humour.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Ooh, I love kaleidoscopes, too. I'm so glad you and your mum had a good time at the fair.
Well you know how i exploratively talk, and how even in mild mode mum can get cranky with me.
She was concerned she would have a bad day, that we would argue.
Mum's labeling conversations as arguing is she gets upset because i simply express an opinion different from hers.

Anyways, i spoke very little, so she had a good day, even though she still lashed out at some of the very very mild observations i made.

We saw a group of proper glass blowers make a vase.
One of them looked like shaggy from Scooby Doo.

A bunch of hard core blasksmiths who were comissioned for the four days to make some huge art piece.
Very loud gas furnaces, and clanging of metal etc.
I liked the looks of the smithies, their tats and black clothing, their attitude, body language/mannerisms and skills.

A guy making wooden table legs with old timely hand tools, and foot powered lathe.

Saw a pair of platypuses in the river, extremely rare to see a platypus , let alone in a built up area.

Had a great coffee and saw me a most beautiful girl.

Mum saw everything she wanted to and some more.
Only got to see 1/3, as venues scattered all over the small country town, but we hung out at the main sites.

I can tell she had a good day as she behaved sillier than me, she was in very happy mode.
But she balanced that out by going way off the deep end the next day at home.
But she settled down by the end of that day too.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Kaleidoscope heaven!!!!
As if this wasn't enough, moving your mouse over it will enhance the effect even more.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/9RnWAY/:1L-RQ8SyN:16.54K_21/inoyan.narod.ru/kaleidoskop.swf/

Nice!
My fav is when you drag the mouse and the image pulls in towards the center.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Buzz

Quote:

Heehaw...heehaw!!! I get it.....it's like he wants you to think that he was out shooting elephants dreesed in his pyjamas....but really the elephant was wearing his pyjamas...is it actually legal to shoot elephants? I thought they were a protected species. And either the elephant was really small or he was really big for the elephant to be wearing his pyjamas...... and why would you wear pyjamas to an elephant shoot anyway.....and why did they call him Goucho? He didn't seem like a gouch......this statement raises more questions than it answers.....
Old 03-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Heehaw...heehaw!!! I get it.....it's like he wants you to think that he was out shooting elephants dreesed in his pyjamas....but really the elephant was wearing his pyjamas...is it actually legal to shoot elephants? I thought they were a protected species. And either the elephant was really small or he was really big for the elephant to be wearing his pyjamas...... and why would you wear pyjamas to an elephant shoot anyway.....and why did they call him Goucho? He didn't seem like a gouch......this statement raises more questions than it answers.....

That's why I love it so much. This joke can be pictured in so many ways. The way I picture it is that he was asleep one night, heard a noise, got up, got his gun, and when he felt something move in his pajamas, he looked down the neck of his pajamas, he saw the elephant in there with him! Then, it's even funnier because he's trying to hold the rifle down the neck of his pajamas in order to shoot the elephant!

Old 03-11-2012, 10:12 PM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain-Goat

Nice!
My fav is when you drag the mouse and the image pulls in towards the center.
Glad you enjoyed the kaleidoscope link...yes, it has lots of scope. Gets too much for me at times - visual overload!

Old 03-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Hi M-G, it sounds like you had a nice day out. Kaleidoscopes are a favourite of mine, there's a few here at the house in fact. Just the inexpensive cardboard ones, you know the kind I mean. I admit it wrapped my brain up a bit trying to imagine a 3D version
Yep, know the ones you speak of.

As for the the 3D one: when you look in the viewer, you normally see a flat circle pattern.
Though where the patterns meet and converge, it's possible to imagine two realms going into each other.
Two unique directions, dimensions merging into one, disappearing .
Anyways, it seems like he's found a way to give that illusion a depth, so instead of looking at a flat circle,
it's like looking at those dotted 3D pictures you see in the mall.
In that, you can see it's just a flat picture, but look at it another way and a depth emerges behind the flat surface.
But also reminiscent of those 3D viewers and you pull the lever and a depth version of a 2D cartoon frame is seen.
Quote:
I laughed at Shawn the Sheep, we enjoy his stories here at my place, along with Wallace & Grommit as well.
I could have easily spent $5000 at the fair, metalwork, woodwork the Kaleidoscopes
and mum was " I WANT TO BUY YOU SOMETHING FIND SOMETHING AND I WILL BUY IT FOR YOU"
I'm not much into ornaments and nick nacks, though i am partial to cute little things,
i got some penguins, some non precious stones, some round metal ball rock things(golf ball size) from the railway tracks,
and i just fell in love with the sheep as soon as i saw it.
( i could've bought stacks from this artist)
The face and eyes are very similar to how wallace and gromit characters are done.
He sits on my car dash along with Debbie my plastic flower i am still trying to heal.

Quote:
Interpreting dreams sometimes comes easily and sometimes it doesn't - a flash of inspiration helps, a little intuition too. Sometimes just a different pair of eyes. Always write your dreams out as well as the phrases and words we pick to describe the dream can often hold a lot of meaning. Also looking at the written words an hour or so later can help bring that different perspective.

I rez with this advice.

Quote:
Myself, I can't interpret my own dreams worth beans.
For my own journey, i notice alot of it is low confidence due to low experience.
I am aware i have the ability to pick things up quickly once i practice a bit, but i block/hinder myself with this, "Oh i don't have that ability", mistaking this for, "I will never have the ability or i cannot acquire it"
It's nowhere near as restictive as it used to be because of the inner growth experiences i've had over the years, but i notice it's still there.

Quote:
This is very true. I feel there are two different kinds of dreams - the larger than life 'message' dreams and the ones that are our way of processing our day to day life. It's the subconscious telling us in pictures what it's been trying to tell us in feelings while we're awake. I think so anyway.

I agree. And i sense the difference by the my state of being when i wake up., and sometimes within the dream itself.
If i am deeply affected by it, thoughtfully or emotionally, i judge that the dream was/is a 'message' one.

I am of the opinion, and i don't know the exact structure of it, but i am aware that most of my understanding, my comprehension processes is done in my subconscious,
my conscious mind is not aware of the 24/7 work being carried out, and that a lot of revelations i have is due to my conscious part recieved the finished result that was being worked on for who knows how long,
and also that i have access to a huge knowledge bank that is iether part of my mind or my mind is connected into this databank.
And dreams seem to me to be me connecting to reality in a very different way than my waking mode.

The upshot is dreams are amazing experiences that i highly value.
One of the mysteries of life that makes life so beautiful.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Buzz

I'm gonna go out on a limb here....but I am starting to think that no one will have the last word. There is only one way I can think of that could work.....that is if the thread became toxic and derogatory then the Mods would be forced into shutting it down........so.......armed with that.......Silvergirl you are nothing but a big sillyhead and you poop orange butterflies!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Heehaw...heehaw!!! I get it.....it's like he wants you to think that he was out shooting elephants dreesed in his pyjamas....but really the elephant was wearing his pyjamas..
Haha you retard <-- term of affection.
The way you said it so reminds me of the scene from Family Guy where the immigrant still doesn't understand sarcasm or irony, i can't recall the joke.
And he is in the work kitchen with his American co workers, and one comes in from outside which is raining and he says, "Nice day!"
And the immigrant, in immigrant accent says, "Oh i get it, it's funny because you say, 'nice day', but it rain outside...oh ho ho ho soo funny"
The skit is about explaining in detail what is common knowledge, every day behavior to the locals
but the new comer publicly expresses his understanidng of it all.

That's what your post reminds me of, even if that was not your intent.
The sheer silliness and joy of explaining something that generally would not be explained or pondered about in normal day to day conversation.