Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 13-07-2020, 03:14 PM
Newbie ;)

body reacting to physical contact

I couldnt find any current thread to post this but if there is then perhaps a mod can move my question there.

Anyhow, I have had an "issue" for as long as i can remember where everytime Im greeting someone with a hug there is like some strange contraction in the chest and solarplexus area which seems to shriek away from the other person.

I do not have this problem as much with girls that ive slept with but besides from that my body/energy gets really thight and uncomfortable every time and it starting to get on my nerves.

I try to close my solarplexus before sometimes but most times it feels strange anyway and often some time after.
"I" personally do not have any issues with physical contact(atleast not on a concious level) which is why it feels even more strange, as far as I know most people with diagnosed aspergers/autism(I do not have those diagnosis) who have these problems often own it with reasoning on why.

The only time I can remember being able to give a proper hug to someone is the whole month after an ayuasca retreat. Then it got back to "normal" again on that aspect atleast.

Any input or theories and so on about why this is happening is greatly apprieciated.

: Also, I just joined the forums a week ago or so and I have to say that this forum is just lovely, the synchronicities in here is quite something aswell :)
Old 14-07-2020, 02:25 AM
Knower

Salam. Welcome to this place...
I'm new here too, and I must start with that I am not that learnt in my healing practice yet. So I will give you what I know, and I hope it can help.

Backstory:
I knew someone who had a similar problem with sensitivity in the solar plexus area.
I learnt eventually that when he was a child he wasn't allowed to cry. coming from a very patriarchal society, men had to be men. so as a boy he wasn't allowed to be a boy. (his mother beat him anytime he cried, so he learnt to never)

Chakras and stuff:
The solar plexus is like the processing location of emotions. whether they come from up or down, the solar plexus has a major role in 'processing and storing' where emotions eventually end up.
anyhow, perhaps there is a mechanism you've built to not deal with emotions, maybe you brush them aside and convince yourself you don't care, or 'it's fine, this is life', or that you're over it already... I don't know..
as to the comfort with the sexual partners, this is perhaps because you've connected with them through the sacral, so that 'connection point' is a comfortable place for you. and it can be emulated upwards with the other chakras.

again, I'm still no expert, lol, but consider this a question at least to ask yourself. where do I put the emotions I'm not comfortable with?

Note, we can be uncomfortable with positive as much as negative emotions. and that becomes another question to ask ourselves later... (first we find out where they go. lol)

now see where this leads you...
>>>maybe grab a journal in the process,
if you've come here, you've come far enough
to do something good for yourself- and journaling is always a friend

Now to the meditation part:.
I don't think blocking the solar plexus is a good idea. this will end up hurting all your other chakras. you want to slowly open it and cleanse and massage it.
- opening it too quickly may burst a can of worms if they are there. I've seen it happen.
- approach it more as daily soothing massages and cleanses, only at the surface at first and slowly go in deeper with time.
- if your heart rate races, slow down and step further out. the objective is to feel your heart ease into the healing, that the solar plexus is welcoming it and not afraid of the 'healthy contact'.
- talk to the solar and tell it that it can trust this source of healing. whether you're doing it for yourself or someone is doing it for you. (I've recently started this new technique of speaking to my chakras, I love it! its working wonders for me)
- take salt baths, and go in with the intention of cleansing the solar, then the whole body.
- even with focused meditations for the solar, check in and out with other chakras because they definitely will be affected from the perturbed solar so there will be blockages between them there..

life applications:
if there are children around in your life, maybe go spend some time with them and see if you can give them and get as many hugs from them. (not sure if your problem extends to kids too) if not, then great... do that! if yes, start with them still.
children's energy has pure joy in it. and as adults we think we are the ones giving the hug and love and protection, but usually its the child's energy that illuminates the feelings in the hug. they are the ones protecting us adults who are afraid of things like love and failure.

then also, hug yourself.
see how that feels. keep doing it until it feels genuine.
and then keep doing it forever.

I wish you abundance in love laughter.
and remember that journal, if you don't have one already.
Salam
Old 15-07-2020, 08:00 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatimasque
Salam. Welcome to this place...
I'm new here too, and I must start with that I am not that learnt in my healing practice yet. So I will give you what I know, and I hope it can help.

Backstory:
I knew someone who had a similar problem with sensitivity in the solar plexus area.
I learnt eventually that when he was a child he wasn't allowed to cry. coming from a very patriarchal society, men had to be men. so as a boy he wasn't allowed to be a boy. (his mother beat him anytime he cried, so he learnt to never)

Chakras and stuff:
The solar plexus is like the processing location of emotions. whether they come from up or down, the solar plexus has a major role in 'processing and storing' where emotions eventually end up.
anyhow, perhaps there is a mechanism you've built to not deal with emotions, maybe you brush them aside and convince yourself you don't care, or 'it's fine, this is life', or that you're over it already... I don't know..
as to the comfort with the sexual partners, this is perhaps because you've connected with them through the sacral, so that 'connection point' is a comfortable place for you. and it can be emulated upwards with the other chakras.

again, I'm still no expert, lol, but consider this a question at least to ask yourself. where do I put the emotions I'm not comfortable with?

Note, we can be uncomfortable with positive as much as negative emotions. and that becomes another question to ask ourselves later... (first we find out where they go. lol)

now see where this leads you...
>>>maybe grab a journal in the process,
if you've come here, you've come far enough
to do something good for yourself- and journaling is always a friend

Now to the meditation part:.
I don't think blocking the solar plexus is a good idea. this will end up hurting all your other chakras. you want to slowly open it and cleanse and massage it.
- opening it too quickly may burst a can of worms if they are there. I've seen it happen.
- approach it more as daily soothing massages and cleanses, only at the surface at first and slowly go in deeper with time.
- if your heart rate races, slow down and step further out. the objective is to feel your heart ease into the healing, that the solar plexus is welcoming it and not afraid of the 'healthy contact'.
- talk to the solar and tell it that it can trust this source of healing. whether you're doing it for yourself or someone is doing it for you. (I've recently started this new technique of speaking to my chakras, I love it! its working wonders for me)
- take salt baths, and go in with the intention of cleansing the solar, then the whole body.
- even with focused meditations for the solar, check in and out with other chakras because they definitely will be affected from the perturbed solar so there will be blockages between them there..

life applications:
if there are children around in your life, maybe go spend some time with them and see if you can give them and get as many hugs from them. (not sure if your problem extends to kids too) if not, then great... do that! if yes, start with them still.
children's energy has pure joy in it. and as adults we think we are the ones giving the hug and love and protection, but usually its the child's energy that illuminates the feelings in the hug. they are the ones protecting us adults who are afraid of things like love and failure.

then also, hug yourself.
see how that feels. keep doing it until it feels genuine.
and then keep doing it forever.

I wish you abundance in love laughter.
and remember that journal, if you don't have one already.
Salam

Just did the talking to the chakra advice and I was given clear instructions, very clear about how to proceed for their optimal well being. Great tip.

Your theory on that sexual partners gives a clearer connection thru the sacral instead is very interesting and something I will give some more thought most definitely.

I have had a habit my entire life more or less to "leave" the body when I get uncomfortable around other people which may be related to this inbalance aswell perhaps.
I have had several longer periods while being forced to be around people (backpacking budget style) where I lost like 50% atleast of my sense perception regarding taste and touch.

I will try your tips and see how it evolves :)
Thank you.
Old 16-07-2020, 10:59 AM
Knower

Salam!

so happy that my tips could help.
Yes I now love chatting up my chakras,
and then another tip with that, is getting them to talk to each other.

recently in one of my healing/meditation sessions, in encouraging discourse between them, my heart found my feet. and it was like they had a namaste moments for the first time, and my entire being, through my heart, then recognized my feet and their support in my journey, how they carried all my willful and tired steps, etc etc. so its like my heart chakra found my feet chakra, and they embraced. (I was also contorted into "Happy Baby" Pose for this, if you're familiar with yoga practice)
it was such a beautiful union and I cried, and I was happy to finally acknowledge, give credit, and learn to love my feet. (this is love given to my base essentially, right)

anyhow, I find your further explanation above very intriguing, where you leave your body as a habit. do you know when your body is exiting the situation, if it is exiting to the left, right, from back or front?

I had some kind of inclination recently that we do 'exit' our bodies in some extent during discomfort, and I felt that I personally exited left. so my left side had a massive congestion compared to my right, because my center then adjusted itself left because of the constant shift to left during exit. (making sense?)
so now I remember to use my right hand and take my first steps with my right foot, I also play around in my yoga practice to pull my right and left together into the center, to re-align me.

another practice when I recognized that I 'give myself to others' too much.
when meditating I would 'call back myself' to return to me. I would imagine where I've given, and I would take back from there.
so maybe that's something you can try too.

exiting the body is definitely a response to discomfort/ trauma.
I know for myself as having experienced ongoing sexual abuse my entire childhood, I would exit my body in all such instances. then, even after going through the therapy, the forgiveness, confronting him, even building compassion for him... though the emotions are healed, the process of an emotional exit during sex stayed, because that's how I learnt my sexuality.
my sacral is activated and I can enjoy sex thoroughly, but the other parts of me are somewhere else.
so now I'm also working on that, bringing my entirety to the union, experience, feeling love and trust and other emotions. and even though I am not active or practicing with someone, the healing itself is still possible through the realization.

hope this helps too.
I know your experience is shedding light for me on my own too.
so thank you for sharing.

F