Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 02-11-2019, 12:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara5
Mine too Thanks for sharing the link...

Have you heard the Deva Premal version of this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Ca-VIzQH0

I've listened to a lot of Deva Premal's videos but I hadn't heard this one. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:51 AM
Master

“Everyone is looking for peace and happiness. Everyone wants to be happy and peaceful, without any restrictions. So here, with Advaita Vedanta, we hear about a teach- ing of one path, non-duality. And we become interested in this, thinking that if we become self-realized, well be very happy, very peaceful. This is a big mistake. For as long as you feel that you're going to be self-realized, you never will be self-realized. For you're already self-realized. You're already awake. You're already free and liberated.

And thinking that the body can become self-realized is a big mistake. The body can never be self-realized. Yet you believe you've got a body, and trying to make it self- realized. You can’t do this. What you must do is to let go of the body completely, totally. Not looking for anything, not desiring anything, just being your Self, and then things begin to happen.

There is only Brahman. There is only the Self. There is only absolute reality ap- pearing as the world, as people, places, and things.“

Robert Adams (from ‘just the satsangs’)

Old 03-11-2019, 04:33 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I've listened to a lot of Deva Premal's videos but I hadn't heard this one. Thanks for sharing.
The pleasure is all mine
Old 03-11-2019, 04:34 AM
Knower
There are no problems. Read my lips. (laughter) No problems. But you may say, "Well this is happening in my life, and I'm going through this and I'm going through that." That's not a problem. That's your belief system. You have been brought up to believe certain things are terrible and certain things are wonderful. Consequently you're living in this kind of a world, duality, good and bad, right and wrong, up and down, backwards and forwards. You therefore feel all these things. Why not let go? Do it. Do not think anymore of these things. Simply stop thinking, by catching yourself every time you think, catching yourself and becoming aware of the thinker. That stops your thoughts. For instance, there's a thought in your mind regarding sickness, death, lack, limitation. Before the thought becomes stronger, remember to catch yourself, and just look at the thought. That's how you catch yourself, by observing the observer of the thought. This all happens by itself. As you catch yourself more and more, you begin to realize that you are the observer, watching yourself observe the thought, and you begin to laugh.

Robert Adams
Old 03-11-2019, 04:35 AM
Master

“The only difference between you and an awakened person is that you figure the part you're playing is real. And to an awakened person it's a play, a show, a dream. Does an awakened person take a part in the dream? He plays the part that was given to him or her. But he is always happy, always peaceful. For it's all an act on the stage. He's playing a part.”

Robert Adams

Old 03-11-2019, 04:38 AM
Master

“An enlightened Being simply sees the world as Brahman, as the Self. That is all. They see everything as God. Everything is God in this universe, everything.”

Robert Adams

Old 03-11-2019, 04:44 AM
Master

“ Always remember a Sage is not a yogi. They do not teach meditation practices, or hatha yoga, raja yoga, ashtanga yoga. The Sage does absolutely nothing. Meaning there is no thing of theSage left. The Sage is an empty shell. Yet the empty shell walks, talks, goes to the bathroom, eats, and most people don't like to see this.

They say something like this. How can this person be a Sage? He acts like we do. This is a paradox. How do you want the Sage to act? What do you expect of a Sage? What you expect is erroneous. Expect nothing and get everything. Expect something and get nothing. It’s simplicity in itself. Just be yourself. Don't put on an act of some kind, or imagine you're holy or spiritual, be yourself.You are that right now.

What you've been looking for, that's what you are right now. You are totally liber- ated right now, totally free right this minute. Can you feel it? Feel your freedom. Feel all the pain leaving you. All your negative emotions are disappearing. Feel yourself melting in consciousness.

Feel your Essence becoming all-pervading. You have become boundless space. And all the planets, trees, mountains, are superimpositions on your Self.”

Old 03-11-2019, 11:19 AM
Master

“ You have to somehow transcend the I-thought. And this is done by forgetting all the knowledge that you have up to now. All the knowledge that you know. Everything you've been taught since childbirth has to be given up. All your beliefs, all your dogmas, preconceived ideas, they all have to go. When they're gone, you rest in the Self, and you will be unconditioned, choiceless, awareness. You see the beautiful thing about all of this, you are already enlightened. You are already self-realized.

The truth is you have nothing to transcend, nothing to overcome. Silence is your reality. Stop thinking. Be silent. Be quiet. Allow the mind to become quiescent. Never mind what's going on. What is going on is always going on, and will keep going on when you've gone. Do not concern yourself with this world, or get caught up in it, and it will be like the world will come and go. Sitting back from the world, you remember who you really are, what you really are.”

Robert Adams

Old 03-11-2019, 11:22 AM
Master

“ When you say to yourself, I am effortless, choiceless, pure awareness, this transcends the past, transcends the future, it transcends everything and awakens you to the Self which you are now. Awaken to that Self right now: Awaken to it! Awaken to it, right now! To your true Self.

You come to sit with me to realize, that there is no teacher, there's no truth, there's no teaching. There is only the One, and you are That. I am not your teacher, there is no teacher. I Am. I Am the universal. I Am That I Am.”

Old 03-11-2019, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
You have to somehow transcend the I-thought.
And this is done by forgetting all the knowledge that you have up to now.
All the knowledge that you know. Everything you've been taught since childbirth has to be given up. .

Yes! And this is actually the beginning Lessons of ACIM....
example, "Nothing I see means anything"...(the thing we call a wastebasket ....the door knob...the TV...ha) :)
The first few days of Lessons are surprising powerful in creating the 'mind shift' - talk about forgetting!
Cleaning the slate!
(And it's channeled from Jesus so you know it's gotta be good, lol)

Sorry- A Course In Miracles

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru