Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 21-02-2014, 08:07 PM
AmyLuisaa

Affinity with nature

Lately I have started to notice that I have an affinity with nature. I feel at home when I'm taking walks through parks and woodlands. I've especially been noticing flowers, I love watching flowers and blossoms bloom. This has also influenced my dress style as I seem to buy shirts/dresses with flowers on.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this means anything or if anyone else feels the same?
Old 21-02-2014, 08:27 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLuisaa
Lately I have started to notice that I have an affinity with nature. I feel at home when I'm taking walks through parks and woodlands. I've especially been noticing flowers, I love watching flowers and blossoms bloom. This has also influenced my dress style as I seem to buy shirts/dresses with flowers on.

It is beautiful to feel tuned in w/nature & the universe, yes? ...
I so enjoy its simplicity - keeps me from overthinking natural wonders ...
In my grieving years, somewhere along the line I remembered that being w/nature could/would explain as well as bring solace & comfort my shocked & traumatized senses ...
I had to re-familarize myself w/the life & death cycle, go out to see the signs all around us & to feel what Mother Nature provides ...
Very helpful in also restoring balance ...
Enjoy the peace & harmony!
Old 26-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Sommer

I find that being out in nature is like a form of meditation for me. It grounds me, cleanses me and lifts my spirits like no other. I just adore being outside in nature. I've had several readings that my spirit guides came through and told me, you need to be out in nature more. So I know I am on the right path in using it to sooth my soul.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Ummon

I think you should read Walden by Thoreau
Old 16-03-2014, 03:22 AM
Dante1709

I feel as if my purpose is somehow related to nature..I've been working with wild animals as a volunteer, at a wildlife rehabilitation center for around 4 years now. I enjoy photographing animals, flowers and nature in general.So yes, I feel the same.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante1709
I feel as if my purpose is somehow related to nature..I've been working with wild animals as a volunteer, at a wildlife rehabilitation center for around 4 years now. I enjoy photographing animals, flowers and nature in general.So yes, I feel the same.

That's really cool Dante, I know quite a few wildlife rescuers and wildlife rehab's. . . I feel the same as you... A massive part of my soul's purpose is strongly linked to environmental conservation, the world is in desperate need of many more people like us.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Master
I felt the affinity with nature in certain ways when I was in my late teens and early twenties. Mostly I felt it in forests, and particularly in forests with big, old trees. Like very many people on the Spiritual Forums, I took up the practice of meditation - sitting meditation - to quiet my mind and emotions and explore my inner life, because I couldn't always be walking in a forest.

I've told this story elsewhere on the Nature forum here, but anyway... I had an injury and while it was healing I took a course in Reiki, which is a healing and spiritual path. The course involves an "attunement" in which you are introduced to the energy, which remains accessible to you afterwards.

This little process unexpectedly acted to clear away many emotional foul-ups that had remained in me since childhood and adolescence. It had been emotional stuff that I had never been able to completely resolve - fears, confusions, feelings of sadness and guilt, inner conflicts. After my attunement, both the emotional junk and the walls I had made to defend myself from the world just dissolved - quite a bit so. One effect was that my sense of intimacy with nature (birds, dogs, horses, and other creatures) noticeably increased. Little song birds began to perch on my head when I meditated outdoors - which I enjoyed. Of course, relations with people got much better too.

Like I said at first, I used to meditate for the purpose of quieting my mind - but I now start from a pretty quiet inner state. I think this inner state is what the birds and horses sense in me now.