Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Closed Thread

Old 15-03-2007, 01:42 AM
Richie

Question Cyclone & Ian Thorpe

Here is a baffling one for you, I'd be interested to read your views. Im not to sure if they were part of the same dream of one followed the other very closely.

It started in a front yard of a house, many people around and a huge wind came apon us. There was a thought of a cyclone and then it hit in some vacant land across the road. We ran into the house which as it turned out is the house Im living in now, the people had vanished and the cyclone came inside as well. It was swirling around messing up all the furniture and stuff. it followed me to the rumpas room area and I knelt down and grabbed a portion of wall to secure myself as there was no where else to go. The cyclone came right up next to me, I felt the strength on my arm but I dare not look. It then vanished and I stood up and walked out of the room.

Now heres the part im not sure of -

Walking into another room it was a change room and Ian Thorpe (Australian Swimmer) was getting ready for his swim. I was also a swimmer and sat down to get undressed. He was nervous and I helped him with his breathing, telling him the best method and how to do it - LOL

He calmed down and we then had a chat , during which he had told me that he was an ill child and he missed his twin.

My mother in Law then came into the change room and was telling me off about how I should look after my son - as usual. And with that shock I woke up. LOL

I do know that Ian Thorpe was i'll as a child and that I am the only surviving child of triplets, but as far as I know , he doesnt have a twin.

Anyway - Strange one for you.

Richie

Last edited by Richie : 15-03-2007 at 01:44 AM.
Old 15-03-2007, 02:03 AM
kundalini

Hi Richie,

The following is my interpretation only and so please only take what sounds right to you, thanks.

Generally speaking, in dream lore, the image of a cyclone is seen to be an immense destructive power and is usually symbolic of 'great change' and also 'erupting emotions'. Going with that, the fact that you observed it at first at a distance would indicate that recently in your real life, you had already discerned that a great change in your life was coming and may even have been apprehensive of it.

In the dream you eventually go to a part of your house and cling to the wall. This could be symbolic of inner strength. This would make sense for two reasons. One, houses usually represent the inner self and the actual action of clinging to a wall would indicate resilience.

So, in real-life, this perhaps means that you have recently 'weathered the storm', so to speak (please excuse the pun!) and have managed to come through the change a much stronger person.

Now, famous people in dreams are generally considered to be symbolic of a person wanting to achieve something, usually fame. However, I personally interpret the appearance of famous people in dreams to be indicative of the ego. I do not mean 'ego' in a bad sense either, which is a way that some people could take it. No, I mean ego in the sense of 'Who You Are'.

What is remarkable about your dream is that you actually give advice to this famous swimmer. This, to me, indicates a healthy ego to the extent that you are very confident in yourself and the fact that you were giving advice indicates somebody who is very confident in their ability to relate to other people and to help them.

I think that this aspect is then confirmed when after calming him down, you go onto have a conversation about personal details; ie. relating to each other.

Your mother-in-law then comes in and reprimands you with regards to your son. I don't know about your personal relationship with your son obviously but I would say that this is just a little bit of anxiety concerning your relationship with your mother-in-law and that if there is any guidance in your dream, then the message would be to try extend your way of relating to other people to the way you interact with your mother-in-law.

I hope that helps Richie, K.
Closed Thread