Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 01-06-2012, 07:08 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
The understanding of spiritualism...

Promote Truth, oppose Darkness and subjugate the ego...

I suggest that statement could be applied to many persuasions - Spiritualism is rather more simple and specific in its operation.

As you're not using the convention of writing 'Spiritualism' (ie religion of Modern Spiritualism) with a capital 'S' I'm wondering if you're referring to it at all or are speaking about spiritualism/spirituality?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Probably because careless conflation of witchcraft with malevolence and negativity can lead people to think all self-proclaimed witches are out to harm and cause chaos. Regardless of the forum, it's still an unneeded and offensive blending of the terms "black magic" and witchcraft in general that can perpetuate stereotypes.

True! Very 14th century, but sadly still around. :(
Old 01-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I suggest that statement could be applied to many persuasions - Spiritualism is rather more simple and specific in its operation.

As you're not using the convention of writing 'Spiritualism' (ie religion of Modern Spiritualism) with a capital 'S' I'm wondering if you're referring to it at all or are speaking about spiritualism/spirituality?

As we are in the 'Spiritualism' section, yes, that is what I am talking about.

'Promote Truth, oppose Darkness and subjugate the ego'

I was making a subtle and gentlemanly point I shouldn't have had to be making...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 01-06-2012, 09:31 AM
mac

Quote:

I was making a subtle and gentlemanly point I shouldn't have had to be making...

Simply because individuals post in the 'Spiritualism' forum doesn't automatically mean their comments are about Spiritualism. As I remarked earlier, your line was equally applicable to many other persuasions anyway.....

I can't see why you remark that you (quote) "....shouldn't have had to be making" (quote) a "...subtle and gentlemanly point" anyway. You made a choice to respond - why do you think you had to?

My earlier point wasn't about "understanding Spiritualism" incidentally. I had said "One can always believe anything one chooses to, and link that to something else, but those who actually understand the subjects may disagree that the linkage is justified...."

Last edited by mac : 01-06-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

the reason why spiritualism gets mixed up with witchcraft and sorcery is because in other cultures all of those things inter-relate
Old 11-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Serenity Bear

I've known witches and warlocks who have been Spiritualist and it's not until you get to know them that they say the are pagan. wiccas, or even into the dark arts (oh thanks JK Rowling for that phrase). One guy medium even bragged that his whole circle got naked during Spiritualistic meditation, another a women told me she would send out spells to heal but also nasty ones and thought it was a 'laugh'. These two were flegling mediums. The ''Charmed' series seems to have mixed it well.

How can anyone believe in the 7 Principles and be a black witch thinking its a 'laugh' to send nasty so called spells to people and psychic attacks. To me that is totally against what Spiritualist believe in.

As far as I know there are only a few cultures that inter-relate spirit communication with witchcraft, the majority use meditation as a form of contact.

For me I have found those who are not true Spiritualist are very loud noisey people who think very little of others and show very little compassion. Everything is for them and no one else, from playing loud music to getting legless on booze, to smoking around asthmatics you name it I've seen it. If you sit back and watch those with true spirit intent are quite and calm people who very often put everyone else before themselves which they do quite naturally. They help and never hinder.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear
I've known witches and warlocks who have been Spiritualist and it's not until you get to know them that they say the are pagan. wiccas, or even into the dark arts (oh thanks JK Rowling for that phrase). One guy medium even bragged that his whole circle got naked during Spiritualistic meditation, another a women told me she would send out spells to heal but also nasty ones and thought it was a 'laugh'. These two were flegling mediums. The ''Charmed' series seems to have mixed it well.

How can anyone believe in the 7 Principles and be a black witch thinking its a 'laugh' to send nasty so called spells to people and psychic attacks. To me that is totally against what Spiritualist believe in.

As far as I know there are only a few cultures that inter-relate spirit communication with witchcraft, the majority use meditation as a form of contact.

For me I have found those who are not true Spiritualist are very loud noisey people who think very little of others and show very little compassion. Everything is for them and no one else, from playing loud music to getting legless on booze, to smoking around asthmatics you name it I've seen it. If you sit back and watch those with true spirit intent are quite and calm people who very often put everyone else before themselves which they do quite naturally. They help and never hinder.

Firstly, no true Spiritualist would ever engage in naked cavorting or casting spells, certainly not 'nasty' ones!

Secondly, yes, 'By its fruit is the tree known'. No place for ego or selfishness in Service.
Service is the coin of the spirit.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 13-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Occultist

Quote:
(In response to those who ignorantly link spiritualism with witchcraft and the like)

Spiritualism, one can tell them, means the opposite to Materialism. That is, a concept of a spiritual universe as opposed to a chance 'accident'; the concept that all is Spirit, or God, manifesting in manifold forms. The concept that man is spirit, a soul clad in a physical body while on earth, and in finer bodies of a higher vibrational frequency in other spheres after physical 'death'.

One can tell them that Spiritualism is based on proven communication with the so-called 'dead' who are very much alive, and that the teachings of Spiritualism have been and are being given to us by highly evolved disincarnate teachers, specially trained for the contact, generally referred to as The White Brotherhood, acting on behalf of the Christ Spirit which is universal.

One can tell them that the fundamental law of the universe is Love, Service, the overcoming of the lower self, and continuous spiritual progression up the spheres of light - the exact opposite to black magic or witchcraft which descecrates love, seeks only power over others, power over material gain, serves the worst instincts of the lower self to a bestial degree, and pushes people down into the spheres of darkness.

Tell them that Spiritualism is not a belief, nor does it rely on faith, because it is based on knowledge....

Finally, one can tell them that Spiritualism is religion, all religion in its pristine form before it was corrupted by man-made theologies.....

- Peggy Mason (From 'New Age Companion')

Okay 1. I am a Witch not a Wiccan there is a major difference.
I do not descecrate anything, my mother was a witch and her mother and so on and same with my fathers people.
There is no such thing as black magick all magick is pure and balanced like nature. Its the heart of the human that can twist anything and make it sound evil through personal fears and ignorance.
So before you come down on my culture and the way I was raised I suggest you study up on Witchcraft.
Old 13-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
I think you need to be a bit more clear with your use of the term "witchcraft," because there is a contemporary religious/occult movement that identifies under said name which is in no way "black magic" or "power seeking" (Wicca is a form of contemporary religions Witchcraft, for example). Without clarifying, some of the statements you make here are offensive to such practitioners.
Wicca is not Witchcraft Wicca is a religion not a practise or culture. No matter what kind of Witch you tend to label yourself or other in no form of the craft is pure evil.
Old 13-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Occultist

Quote:

The only darkness I see is judmental kinds and ignorance in saying black magick and witchcraft when you have no clue on the subject at hand.