Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everly
We are energy. It's the soul (energy) that continues, not the body. We'll have many, many bodies. We will likely appear as light/vibration in some form. I believe that those (still alive) who see people as they were in the most recent lifetime, do so for the sake of convenient recognition. (It's a handy thing that the Universe does.) Once on the other side, we have no need of physicality.

Well actually, yes we do have a physical body on the other side but its a higher vibration. We dont just turn into light. We absolutely do need our bodies to do the many things we do here. Things dont change that much once we pass over. This information I obtained from research and my connection with the other side.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Everly

I didn't say we turned into light. I said we'd likely appear as light or a vibration in some form. And I didn't say we don't need our bodies here, either. Please re-read what I wrote. If I wasn't clear, feel free to ask me to clarify.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:07 PM
Master

Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant to say but you did write that "there is no need for physicality on the other side"??

I jus wanted to clarify because many people dont understand that things are still very physcial and even more solid and real on the other side. Some mediums believe we are just balls of light. I dont know where this info. Comes from.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant to say but you did write that "there is no need for physicality on the other side"??

Oy. Vespa, you seem to be going in circles. I did say what you quoted above. But earlier you seemed to be claiming that I said we don't need our bodies here. I said no such thing. (See your post #364.) We do, in fact, need our bodies here; we just don't need them after transition. These bodies are temporary houses for our essences, our souls. Once released, we have no need for them.

We'll have countless bodies over countless lifetimes here and elsewhere in this wonderful universe. It is through these many, many incarnations that we grow and evolve.

I've never heard a reliable source say that things are more solid on the other side. I've only ever heard the opposite. I've been studying metaphysics for a very long time, and this seems preposterous to me. I mean no offense, it's just that, clearly, your belief system is quite different from mine.
Old 13-12-2014, 02:36 AM
Abbas A Shah

The spirit it self will look in their best shape and age like when they were in tis earthly life. However, during spirit communication spirit can show them self how ever they want, older, younger, anything that can help connect with a loved one. It is their choice.

If your interested in communication with the spirit world and want to experience this your self of how spirit people show them self when they come forward via mediums then perhaps u should start developing your natural abilities.

Its a pretty slow process though, but definitely worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraTherase
This may seem like such a shallow question but i'm going to ask it anyway

When we cross over into the spirit world can we appear to our loved ones as we were at a younger age or the age that we knew them at, like say we die when we are really old will we appear as we were when we died to others. I know this is rather superficial because we all just energy and at the heart of it how we look does not matter but personally I would like to look good when I see my loved ones in the spirit world for the first time
Old 13-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everly
Oy. Vespa, you seem to be going in circles. I did say what you quoted above. But earlier you seemed to be claiming that I said we don't need our bodies here. I said no such thing. (See your post #364.) We do, in fact, need our bodies here; we just don't need them after transition. These bodies are temporary houses for our essences, our souls. Once released, we have no need for them.

We'll have countless bodies over countless lifetimes here and elsewhere in this wonderful universe. It is through these many, many incarnations that we grow and evolve.

I've never heard a reliable source say that things are more solid on the other side. I've only ever heard the opposite. I've been studying metaphysics for a very long time, and this seems preposterous to me. I mean no offense, it's just that, clearly, your belief system is quite different from mine.

You misunderstand me too it seems. You are not clear on what you mean by physical. We change dimensions that is all. Our vibrations change and are finer. From our perpective being on the other side everything is more solid yes. From our perspective in this dimension everything seems lighter on the other side that is true. Our vibrations shift with the dimension change. This is not a belief system. People who have traveled astrally will tell you the same thing.
Old 13-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Everly

Oh, for pity's sake, I'm almost ready to give up. "Physical" means just that. There aren't any alternative meanings to the word.

And yes, it certainly is a belief system. I've been doing astral projection/travel for over 30 years. We perceive "them" in certain ways for convenience because we still have human minds and human bodies, even though part of us is off traveling. It's not that things actually are that way, it's simply that it's easier for us to perceive things when they are in a (somewhat) familiar form. That's MY experience, the result of MY study over nearly 5 decades. In addition, I know many people who've been experiencing AP for a very long time and their views are quite like mine.

That said, no one has The Answer. No one is 100% right about anything. All we have to form our own opinions are our own experiences and information from sources we trust.

Because your views are one way and you apparently have your own trustworthy sources to back up your views, does not mean you're right. One's opinions are the same as one's beliefs. It is a belief system.

But I note with interest that you've changed your wording to "from our perspective". It's possible you're not that far off from what I'm saying. What we perceive is our perspective.

One last thing... My belief system includes reincarnation. Reincarnation precludes the idea that we look the same after transition. Looking the same (or similar) "out there" (as a friend who teaches AP calls it) is merely a convenience so that we, with our still-human minds, can recognize what/who we're perceiving.

I stand by everything I've posted. I'm done.
Old 24-12-2014, 12:49 AM
Ayla189

Hi everyone, this question reminded me of school. There was a student who asked a question out of the blue to the teacher. His main concern was "Will we have blemishes in heaven or does everyone have clear skin?"