Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Guide
When Famous people die...

are they still famous? Is their dying process different than ours.
When they die do they have fans that have passed waiting for
them? I always wondered that. Also do we really care about rather
or not they were famous? If we die and see Elvis or someone do we
care that they were famous on earth or do we just not really care?

If you don't know do you have guesses?
Old 15-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Enya

People all die the same way... there are no fans or celebrities in the spirit realms, only loved ones, friends and mentors. What counts is the achievements of the spirit and soul, not the body and mind.
Old 15-10-2010, 10:25 PM
ChrissyStar

I think that when we cross we have ability to understand alot more about the process of living - why we live, what it's all about etc, and through that we will see that we all have different reasons for doing what we did on earth - whether famous or not - and that it all is directed towards a higher goal... what that is I am not quite sure. And that all lives on earth are just as important as each other, but some (the famous ones) have a role of connecting with more people than non-famous ones - of providing a large number of people with a particular message. That's what I think... but here is an excerpt from a book I am reading about this subject...

Book: How to Hear Your Angels (by Doreen Virtue)

Chapter title: Who the Angels are

"Ascended masters : Ascended masters are beings who walked upon the earth as great leaders, teachers and healers, and who continue to help us from their vantage point in the spirit world. They include the famous, such as Jesus, Moses, Buddha, Quan Yin, Mary, Yogananda, and the saints; and the not-so-famous, such as yogis who transcended physical restrictions during their lifetime, pioneering inventors, and unsung heroes. With bigger-then-life love in their hearts and a steadfast devotion to us, they help anyone who calls upon them."

I whole-heartedly believe that musicians such as Michael Jackson (and any other larger than life people) are also in this category.

Interesting topic, I've had this in mind recently as well. Thanks for posting it!!
Old 15-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Greenslade

Spirit superstars? It's certainly a thought. But then, if there are Spirit superstars wouldn't that be judgement? And I would include Ascended Masters in that. Respect can be judgement, because if we respect people we see things in them that we judge to be good. Ascended Masters may be a lot further down their particular Paths than us, but should we revere them because of that?

Look at any talent show. Sometimes the winners aren't the ones with the most talents, they're the ones that the judges think are the most marketable. I don't watch the X-Factor but you can't help seeing it splattered across the papers. Winners are chosen because they have to have their own experiences/lessons of winning - and whatever comes after. Losers for the same reasons. Is it right to make gurus out of people because of their chosen Paths, even though they might have more of what it takes?
Old 16-10-2010, 12:41 AM
ChrissyStar

Good point Greenslade! I think that how a person views a superstar has got alot to do with it. For instance, one person may look at a superstar as being greater than themselves. Another person may simply see a superstar as being equal, but with a life path of communicating to a large number of people.
Old 16-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Rumar

How does being famous make you more than a human?
Old 16-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Master
Fame is of the ego, can't take that when you go, were all equal in Consciousness, fame is only continued through the ego of others.
Old 16-10-2010, 11:51 AM
SandybytheSea

Lovely, you might listen to some of Leslie Flint's recordings - I won't go into detail about who he was or how they came about here, but you will find them fascinating. They are mostly of famous people who passed, from Queen Victoria to Marilyn Monroe, all insisting they are no longer famous or royal, just souls with experiences from their incarnation.
http://www.leslieflint.com and all recordings are free to listen to. You can learn more about him at that site.
Old 16-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
People all die the same way... there are no fans or celebrities in the spirit realms, only loved ones, friends and mentors. What counts is the achievements of the spirit and soul, not the body and mind.

I am agreement with this also... Fame/Wealth/Ego, is for the material world, not for the spirit realms :) This I feel is what many will learn once they pass over.
Old 18-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Greenslade

The superstars that get my vote are the ones that do something with their fame and fortune. If it's just a case of 'me-me-me' that doesn't work, but if they do some 'proper' charity work then power to their elbows. So often you hear of stars that put their names to charities but that's more about increasing their status. If they get their sleeves rolled up and help out with the charity, good on them.

The other superstars are those that climb through all the adversity and come out the other end nice people. It's the person living down the street who has had so much hardship in their Lives and it hasn't made them bitter and twisted.