Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 20-09-2018, 08:34 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Duality is everywhere around us. We are embedded in duality.

1} macro-infinite non-occupied space vs occupied space Universe/God

2} concave negative )( shape vs convex positive shape ( ),

3} left handed amino-acids{ building blocks of biological life } vs right handed amino-acids ergo homo-chirality protein builders,

4} Gravity{ attractive } vs Dark Energy{ repulsive },

5} front of body vs back of body,

6} bottom side vs top side,

7} foreground vs backgorund

8) inside vs outside structure-system,

9) vertical vs horizontal,

Until the realisation of the truth that has always been there...it crushes notion and makes it hollow
Old 20-09-2018, 09:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
But after the task is done, you ought to switch it off, or else you will keep on being stuck in your thought process divorced from existential reality, and fail to enjoy the beauty of the full moon, sunset and flowers.

I'm told a lot, do whatever so that you'll get the benefits of it.

So now I get to ask in turn, why do I HAVE TO HAVE the benefits AT ALL COSTS? Why am I not allowed to fail to enjoy the beauty of the full moon, the sunset, and flowers? So that I can be free as well of this need to 'HAVE TO' switch it off when I don't want to?
Old 21-09-2018, 02:33 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Eat Cake-of-Reality, Tell Others Not To Eat?

Quote:
ajay00--The duality mentioned here is that created by words and labels.

Yes, and there true/facts via nervous system { brain } observations and access and that systems access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts.

If you dont want to observe the reality around us via your nervous system then more power to you.

If you dont want to access your metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept abilities, then why I are you using words to identify your observations in this thread? Do you understand why your actions appear to be hypocritical to whatever degree?

Cosmic truths/laws/principles do not contradict themselves or other cosmic laws/principles.

Humans do and your above is a glaring example of contradiction.

There exists this cake of reality we observe and communicate to self and others. You come along and eat the cake but then tell us the cake does not exist we should not eat it, even as your eating it.

Irrational, illogical and lacks most basic common sense.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 21-09-2018, 02:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I'm told a lot, do whatever so that you'll get the benefits of it.

So now I get to ask in turn, why do I HAVE TO HAVE the benefits AT ALL COSTS? Why am I not allowed to fail to enjoy the beauty of the full moon, the sunset, and flowers? So that I can be free as well of this need to 'HAVE TO' switch it off when I don't want to?

Thoughtless awareness is the natural state of man, and this self-generates peace and bliss off itself.

This is obscured by the habitual thinking and emoting process that most of us have, not being able to switch off the thinking process, and which generates misery in the long run due to desires, consequent thoughts and emotions which conflict with each other and reality.

As Vicki Woodyard stated, " Awareness is who we are and forgetting that leads to suffering. "

Switching off the thinking process is an individual choice like dieting or exercising and there is freedom of will. It is certainly more healthier , but if anyone does not want to switch it off, it is definitely their choice and free will and ought to be respected.

Just as pain indicates that something is wrong or unhealthy in the human body which needs attention like chest pains or knee pains, similarly psychological pain or suffering indicates that the mind is in an unhealthy state and proper attention given to it will eventually make one take on healthier choices.

As Sri Sri Ravi Shankar stated, " Purpose of suffering is to connect you to your Self (Awareness). It indicates that you got carried away by all the transient things around you."

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 21-09-2018, 03:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Yes, and there true/facts via nervous system { brain } observations and access and that systems access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts.

If you dont want to observe the reality around us via your nervous system then more power to you.

If you dont want to access your metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept abilities, then why I are you using words to identify your observations in this thread? Do you understand why your actions appear to be hypocritical to whatever degree?

Cosmic truths/laws/principles do not contradict themselves or other cosmic laws/principles.

Humans do and your above is a glaring example of contradiction.

There exists this cake of reality we observe and communicate to self and others. You come along and eat the cake but then tell us the cake does not exist we should not eat it, even as your eating it.

Irrational, illogical and lacks most basic common sense.

You have not figured out nonduality till now.

There is nothing in nondualistic philosophy which states that one ought to stop observing reality around us for practical purposes. All it says is that we ought to switch off the thought process when the practical tasks is done, and don't live in thought and mental worlds all the time, divorced from existential reality.

As Allan Watts stated, "A person who thinks all the time has nothing to think about except thoughts. So he loses touch with reality, and lives in a world of illusion."

This is hard to figure out considering the supreme importance the modern world, our educational curriculum and society gives to the intellect and intellectual abilities, and to thinking. If a man is not thinking incessantly, he is considered to be an idiot and not cool enough.

There had been times when I got into the thinking habit and thought myself to hellish headaches and migraines, missing the bright day and pleasures of nature around me, foolishly.

The nondualist philosophy or advaita helped to decondition me from this habit, made me understand the nature of the mind, and helped give my mind a break.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 21-09-2018, 09:30 PM
Master

never mind
Old 22-09-2018, 10:06 AM
Master
We looking at Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde...being neither yet both!
Old 22-09-2018, 10:33 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color

Quote:
ajay00-- There is nothing in nondualistic philosophy which states that one ought to stop observing reality around us for practical purposes.

Finally you get this thread topic/title.

Quote:
All it says is that we ought to switch off the thought process when the practical tasks is done, and don't live in thought and mental worlds all the time, divorced from existential reality.

Nobody here divorced from reality and nobody her suggesting anyone should be.

Quote:
As Allan Watts stated, "A person who thinks all the time has nothing to think about except thoughts. So he loses touch with reality, and lives in a world of illusion."

Good luck in stopping the thinking process. Most animals other than the human do less thinking so perhaps.........

Quote:
There had been times when I got into the thinking habit and thought myself to hellish headaches and migraines, missing the bright day and pleasures of nature around me, foolishly.

Sorry thinking gives you headaches. You may need mental help. Most people do not get a headache from thinking and Ive never heard of any such diagonosis.

Quote:
The nondualist philosophy or advaita helped to decondition me from this habit, made me understand the nature of the mind, and helped give my mind a break.

Glad your headaches have subsided. There exist three primary types of headache and none of them are caused by thinking. Do you link to medical records of this thinking disease?

Thinking is what makes humans unique in the animal kingdom and brought us the wheel, teh spaceship, the cruise ship, the hair dryer, the basket ball etc.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 22-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
** <---> ( ** )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
We looking at Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde...being neither yet both!

No were not. Were looking at inside and outside both existing simultaneously.

And the rest of the list I posted. Observations of reality expressed via words.

We can communicate these ideas/concepts observations other ways. Picto-liguistics. Geometric drawings ** <---> (**)

Old 22-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
You have not figured out nonduality till now.

There is nothing in nondualistic philosophy which states that one ought to stop observing reality around us for practical purposes. All it says is that we ought to switch off the thought process when the practical tasks is done, and don't live in thought and mental worlds all the time, divorced from existential reality.

This is hard to figure out considering the supreme importance the modern world, our educational curriculum and society gives to the intellect and intellectual abilities, and to thinking. If a man is not thinking incessantly, he is considered to be an idiot and not cool enough.

" There had been times when I got into the thinking habit and thought myself to hellish headaches and migraines, missing the bright day and pleasures of nature around me, foolishly. "

Yes overthinking can cause headaches , the brain is a muscle and sometimes needs a rest if it becomes tired and exhausted.