Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 17-04-2015, 05:36 AM
mystic rainbow

Totally agree ^^
Old 17-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
I used to believe that but now, there are Wiccans out there that could not, by any stretch of the imagination, be classed as a Witch. They don't have the basic knowledge to be a Witch.

Kind of, and the word Witch has a negative image in most people's minds. Negative past. Some people don't want to use a word like that.
Old 17-04-2015, 11:21 PM
Master
I'm curious, its a hair of topic, so please forgive me...
I know a woman who's dating my Ex, I tried to greet her as a sister and welcome her but she rejected me (her choice of course).
My Ex and I are family to one another, marriage or not, and we want each other to find happiness with whoever the other chooses.

However after that people around her started dropping, one tried to commit suicide, a grandmother died, pets died, several people fell and broke bones, and more... lots of stuff in just a month. Mathematically improbable numbers.

Spirit told me she was mis-using power, so I ask my Ex some questions and learned she was a Wiccan in a coven who cast spells from a book that the Warlock of the coven kept for the coven's use.
I actually know nothing about this, but am familiar with the Unseen world through other traditions and had for several years run mirror shielding due to a druid who was remembering powers and seeking me for romantic reasons. Only vestiges of the mirror shields remained as they hadn't been needed when druid-guy gave up trying to compel me finally.

My understanding of the Unseen indicates that a Book of Spells is in no way nessasarly to manifest a desired reality, and that it's sort of 'training wheels' so to speak.
My impression of Wiccan was that they do not do dark magic - yet this person has and the splatter back into her life is pretty dramatic, her attempts to cast on me led to nearly everyone she knew to suffering physically, including my Ex.

Are there books which have some inherent power of their own, outside of the energy that gathers around ritual objects from repeated use and focus?
Old 17-04-2015, 11:25 PM
Neville

I once knew a Christian Witch..Oh the fun she used to have in describing and explaining her path...
Old 18-04-2015, 03:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I'm curious, its a hair of topic, so please forgive me...
I know a woman who's dating my Ex, I tried to greet her as a sister and welcome her but she rejected me (her choice of course).
My Ex and I are family to one another, marriage or not, and we want each other to find happiness with whoever the other chooses.

However after that people around her started dropping, one tried to commit suicide, a grandmother died, pets died, several people fell and broke bones, and more... lots of stuff in just a month. Mathematically improbable numbers.

Spirit told me she was mis-using power, so I ask my Ex some questions and learned she was a Wiccan in a coven who cast spells from a book that the Warlock of the coven kept for the coven's use.
I actually know nothing about this, but am familiar with the Unseen world through other traditions and had for several years run mirror shielding due to a druid who was remembering powers and seeking me for romantic reasons. Only vestiges of the mirror shields remained as they hadn't been needed when druid-guy gave up trying to compel me finally.

My understanding of the Unseen indicates that a Book of Spells is in no way nessasarly to manifest a desired reality, and that it's sort of 'training wheels' so to speak.
My impression of Wiccan was that they do not do dark magic - yet this person has and the splatter back into her life is pretty dramatic, her attempts to cast on me led to nearly everyone she knew to suffering physically, including my Ex.

Are there books which have some inherent power of their own, outside of the energy that gathers around ritual objects from repeated use and focus?

Are you saying that a grandmother died and someone else tried to commit suicide and pets died after she rejected you? I'm not sure how you can relate her rejection of you with a grandmother dying, someone trying to commit suicide and pets that died.

The only way I could see this happening is for her to have directed a negative working towards you which somehow went awry and affected these other poor people instead of you. Is that what you are saying - that because of the remains of the mirror shielding you had put up, the working(s) that you presume were directed at you bounced off you and hit these other people?

In most Wiccan groups the term Warlock is not used - people are Wiccan whether male or female. The leaders of a coven are the High Priestess and the High Priest (just fyi) and most covens have a Book of Shadows or Grimoire but each member also has their own books.

A Book of Shadows includes the rituals of the coven, spells and other workings. A Book of Spells is not required to manifest a desire but it is definitely not "training wheels" (at least not in any coven that I have known).

Wiccans are quite capable of doing dark magic if they so desire, most don't because it takes a lot of energy and one has to be willing to take the 'kick back' from dark workings and most of them believe in the Threefold Law, although not all.

If this person DID try to throw a curse on you just because she didn't like you and rejected you then she must not have been trained very well for it to all go wrong like that.

I'm of the opinion that books don't have a power of their own, at least I don't think so.
Old 18-04-2015, 03:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I once knew a Christian Witch..Oh the fun she used to have in describing and explaining her path...

P L E A S E............don't get me started on THAT!!!!!!!! Although I'd love to hear her explanation, lol
Old 18-04-2015, 12:34 PM
Master
Sorry Jenny Crow perhaps I didn't write that clearly, it didn't hurt any of my people - it was all Her people that were hurt or died.

And you are right I think 'priest' was the word my Ex used, not Warlock, but later he used Warlock because he couldn't think of the other word. (This is very new to both of us, before she entered our lives we knew nothing about wicca or witchcraft)

I think I remember him mentioning something about a three-fold law too, she'd told him about it and when he and I were trying to figure out why she was having such mathematically improbably bad luck with people in her life getting injured or worse, he mentioned it to me.

He said when she was very drunk one night she threatened to cast on me and had said in a screaming rage that she didn't care about the three fold law she would 'cast a spell and f... me up' anyway.
She said her coven priest had a book of spells and there would be one in it to 'mess me up'.
So she apparently knew casting on me would not go well and was willing to do it anyway.

I'm more of the Light Worker side of things and part of that is diminishing the ego and controlling what remains so that love becomes our foundation from which we work from. Therefore should a feeling rise up like jealousy or possessiveness our thinking would be around finding and healing that inside us which was feeling threatened or believed it lacked something. It's a Path of self realization. So it was very surprising to me that someone would not do their work around these emotions but instead lash out, with no self reflection.

The dark side of energy work wasn't a reality until I met this woman (I only met her twice).
Old 18-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Deactivated Account

The original quote was "All Witches are Pagan but not all Pagans are Witches." Gotta luv the Wiccans a wee bit cuz they at least are trying to break away from the conventional religions. When having to choose between a long held belief and a new concept most will cling to their old belief.
Old 19-04-2015, 04:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
He said when she was very drunk one night she threatened to cast on me and had said in a screaming rage that she didn't care about the three fold law she would 'cast a spell and f... me up' anyway.
She said her coven priest had a book of spells and there would be one in it to 'mess me up'.
So she apparently knew casting on me would not go well and was willing to do it anyway.

It's a Path of self realization. So it was very surprising to me that someone would not do their work around these emotions but instead lash out, with no self reflection.

The dark side of energy work wasn't a reality until I met this woman (I only met her twice).

Yes, well, when spells are cast for spite or just plain nastiness they can come back and cause havoc, you have to really know what you're doing and why you're doing it. She obviously is playing with something she hasn't taken the time to properly learn about.

Believe me, there are many people out there who would lash out with no self reflection, unfortunately.

The dark side of energy work, or at least spell casting anyway, can sometimes be used for beneficial purposes. I know that sounds contradictory but it is true.
Old 19-04-2015, 04:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah
The original quote was "All Witches are Pagan but not all Pagans are Witches." Gotta luv the Wiccans a wee bit cuz they at least are trying to break away from the conventional religions. When having to choose between a long held belief and a new concept most will cling to their old belief.

Hi Shekinah,

Yeah, well, tell that ("All Witches are Pagan) to the so-called Christian Witches out there, lol. Can you say oxymoron?!?