Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 24-05-2014, 05:30 PM
GweneveirPriestess

What God(s)/Goddess(es) do you believe in?

As a Pagan-Spiritualist, I pray upon whom which I call the Divine, or sometimes the Great Spirit. I usually pray to the Great Spirit when I ask for help, when I have questions, or when I ask for protection. I'm not sure who else names this Divine Being "Divine" or "Great Spirit", but from what I know, Paganism can be and is very fluid, allowing many different names that can be directed to the same Higher Being.

When I pray to the moon, I name her "Goddess Diana". The sun I name "Apollo", and the earth I name "Gaia". The Animal God, to me, is "Pan", or the Horned God, however I don't call upon him often (once again, a reminder that I'm a new studying Pagan, Spiritualist, and later, Wiccan). I usually only pray to the Great Spirit/Divine/Divine Spirit, actually. Or Diana.

So here's my question to all Pagans: Which Gods/Goddesses or Beings do you believe in? Or pray to? What purposes do they serve in your life, and how have they helped you in the past, present, or maybe even future? I can't wait to hear your answers!
Old 24-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Experiencer

I use the same term you do, and pray to the Divine. Sometimes, I invoke Father God, Mother God, and all the Ascended Masters. I believe the Gods and Goddesses you mentioned are all aspects of the Divine, but that is just my preference in prayer, and may not conform to Wiccan, and Pagan philosophy. I do have a special attachment to Pan, as I worked in one of his temples in Caesarea Phillipi, many centuries ago, and died for my refusal to convert to Christianity. It's a long story!
Old 24-05-2014, 06:57 PM
GweneveirPriestess

A very interesting long story, I hope!! I do believe that, no matter what name he/she/it is given, the Divine is still the Divine. Sometimes it just helps to pray to a specific name when it comes to specific events :)
Old 24-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Experiencer

I understand what you are saying, and some Christians do that, when they invoke specific saints and angels. It might help if you stated what results you are seeking? If it's love, I see no harm in calling on Aphrodite, for instance. She is just one of the aspects of the Goddess. I invoked Diana, and worked with moon phases when I wanted my husband. I used the waxing moon, because I wanted all of him, and not just his body, or a short term relationship. I have told him since. He says it's the best spell I ever made. I give him a "booster shot", occasionally. Do you Cast? It's a form of prayer, I think. The intention must always be good.
Old 24-05-2014, 09:17 PM
GweneveirPriestess

Yes, exactly! I really enjoy asking assistance to very specific Goddesses, mostly because it helps keep in mind exactly what I want to ask. It's very liberating to know you'll be getting help in a specific area :) And congrats to you and your husband! It must be so nice. Cast as in, cast a circle? I've never done it before, mostly because I don't know how. I've looked up a tutorial on how to do it but it seemed to be a long process. But i'm sure there's multiple ways to Cast. :)
Old 24-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Experiencer

I meant as in a spell, but yes, a circle is often used!
Old 24-05-2014, 09:54 PM
GweneveirPriestess

Ahh, well no, i've never cast a spell either. I'm trying to focus on the more spiritual side of my religion (or craft, if you'd rather call it that), so i'm not currently casting right now. I'm a little afraid to, since i'm so new. D:
Old 24-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Experiencer

I've rarely wanted anything enough to cast one. Most of my spells have been for self-mastery, or releasing bad feelings I don't want. I think they are most effective for that, as Tarot is most effective for self-understanding, at least in my case. It will be different for others. You are wise to study first - in my experience, there is always a price to pay when a spell succeeds. We just walk our paths, and try to do no harm.
Old 24-05-2014, 10:04 PM
GweneveirPriestess

Yup, wise words! I definitely want to wait a long while before I get into more 'physical' things.
Old 25-05-2014, 03:03 AM
Naddread

I'm Heathen. I revere the Aesir and Asynjur, Vanir and Alfar as Godin (Gods). In particular I pay reverence to Woden, Frick, Frey and Skadi. The Godin are revered, respected and honoured of course but all in all more time is spent in reverence and communion with my Ancestors and the Land Vaettir (Land Beings).

~Naddread~